Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

35

"I love December," I commented happily as a few stary flakes of snow began to float down from the swollen clouds hanging glumly in the sky. "I love when it snows."

I was sitting at the top end of Rian's driveway, the boys having just finished their practice for the day when Jack had started to loose felling in his fingers.

"God we need to move this shit into the basement soon so the weather doesn't ruin it." Rian complained, from inside after I had opened the garage door to sit in the snow.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me, and when I looked up it was Zack who had decided to come and sit with me.

"I hate the cold," He replied, to what I had said earlier I think.

"Any reason why?" I asked, giving a small giggle at how he had scrunched his nose up when the snow began to fall a bit more rapidly.

"I just perfer the sun and the heat." He said with a small shrug.

"Do you two want to give us a hand?" Alex called from where he and the other two members were trying to carry the equiptment into the house through the small garage door.

I looked over at Zack who had just given a mock eye roll, making me laugh again, before the two of us stood up, going over to help the others with Rian's many different drum heads.

It took us about half an hour to get all of Rian's drums, plus the other's guitars, into the basement.

~~

"Alex!" I whined, jumping onto the older boys back, his arms just barely catching me as we walked down the driveway which had been covered in a small layer of snow.

"What?" He whined back in a smiliar tone to mine, moving me so that I was rested in a more comfortable position around his torso.

"Will you go to the park with me?" I asked, resting my chin on his shoulder as he turned to walk towards my house. "I love going to the park when it's snowing."

He looked sideways at me, our faces close together due to mine being right on his shoulder, and smiled.

"Sure." He said making me give a laugh of delight.

"I just gotta go get my camera," I said before slipping off his back and jogging up through the grass to my front door.

Once I had retrieved the device from my bedroom I returned to Alex outside, him waiting at the bottom of the porch with his back turned to me. I crept silently over to him, once more jumping onto his back, this time making him squawk in surprise.

"Holy shit Andi," He laughed as he grabbed the bottoms of my thighs once more to hold me in place against his back.

As he carried me down the sidewalk towards the small park that we always went to, I had my camera out, taking random pictures from over his head of wild brown locks. At one point I held the device out in front of us, snapping a picture of me smiling over his shoulder as he stuck his tongue out at the camera.

It didn't take us long to reach the decrepit structures making up the park, and once we were there I quickly dropped to my feet, running over to the swings. I brushed the thickening layer of snow off of one of the hanging seats before sitting down on it, ignoring the sound of the metal groaning under my weight.

I stayed in the park with Alex for an hour or two, us just playing around with one another or me snapping pictures of anything and everything. At one point he had started a snow ball fight, the cold snow having hit me in the middle of my back. In response I let out a loud scream and ran away, hiding behind a tree as he laughed.

It wasn't long before I was a shivering mess, my hands shaking lightly due to the cold they had been exposed to for far too long without my gloves covering them.

"Let's head back," Alex said when he noticed my trembling, pulling my body against his lightly to help warm me up.

I just nodded, slipping my hands up the back of his jacket as well as his shirt, pressing them against his bare back making him jump.

"Holy shit you're cold," He said giving a small shiver of his own as I kept my hands where they were, his skin burning hot against my frozen digits.

He let go of my moments later, but still held one side of my body against his as we walked back in the direction of my house so that I could drive him to his own house.

It wasn't long before we were back to my house, me climbing into my car quickly and turning the heat up all the way. As it began to heat up, I savored the warmth with a sigh making Alex laugh at me.

"Can I look through the pictures you took?" He asked as I pulled out of the driveway, noticing that my dad's car was parked right next mine for the first time.

I just handed the small object over to him in reply as I focused on the slick road a head of me, knowing that it was prime conditions to get into an accident.

"I really like these," He commented as he continued to click the button to move on from picture to picture. "You really do have an eye for this sort of thing."

I just smiled over at him briefly before returning my eyes to the road.

"God I forgot how cold it got durning the Winter," I said as I parked in his driveway, the door he opened letting in a gust of freezing air.

"I know," He laughed. "One of the few good things about this time of year is Christmas and my birthday."

"Wait, when is your birthday?" I asked making him close the door once more as not to let out anymore of the warm air in the car.

"Next week actually," He replied. "It's on the 14th."

"Huh, mine's on the 30th." I said. "Thats like a two week difference."

"That just means that I'm two weeks older than you." He said with a small smirk making me roll my eyes playfully.

"So do you and the guys have any plans?" I asked. "I mean eighteen is a big deal..."

"I think the guys want to throw me a party, but you know how it is," He said giving me a look that I knew all to well, the one saying he didn't want to have a big party with drinking going on.

"Well you can always tell them that and just do something small like another movie night." I said, giving a shurg. "I'm really no help with stuff like this."

He just laughed and gave a shrug of his own.

"I should let you get back home," He said pushing his door open once more. "Oh, and here's your camera."

I took it from him gladly, putting it in the pocket of my jacket as he closed the door, giving a wave through the glass as I back out of the driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it's crappy, and yet another filler, but I've been having trouble getting myself to actually write lately. Like again, I know I need to write, but I have no idea what I actually want to happen in each new chapter.

I can see this story only having about 15 more chapters left before I move on to the sequel, maybe less depending on how quickly I move things along...

On a lighter note, over the weekend I fed my band merch obsession and ended up buying $50 worth of ATL/GK clothes at Hot Topic during their big sale. I got an ATL slouchy shit, a grey JAGK shirt, plus the bright orange ATL hat+gloves combo~

I may have a slight problem with blowing all my money on merch of any kind... It's all just so pretty and comfortable D:

Anyway, I think you should go and comment, let me know what you're all thinking about this.