Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

39

Pulling my sweater down over my head, a ran a hand through my long blonde hair before heading down into the kitchen where I found my father waiting for me, an almost sour look on his face.

"Why do we have to go to another one of these gatherings?" He asked with a sigh as he grabbed his keys from the counter.

"We were invited and it would be rude not to show up," I replied, pulling my grey jacket on to match the beanie that rested over my long locks. "Besides it's not like we had plans anyway."

He just gave a huff of a sigh before heading out of the house and into the harsh blowing winds of the Winter air. Pulling the jacket tighter around myself I followed him out, wincing at the icy wind before climbing into the partially heated up car.

Once I was inside he pulled out of the driveway, not saying another word. It was silent in the car apart from me giving him directions to get to Jack's house, and soon enough we pulled outside of the small two story house at the end of the cul de sac.

A smile spread across my face as I climbed out of the car jogging up the snow covered lawn until I was at the door. Giving it a few knocks, I took a step back and waited. Not long after the door was thrown open, and there stood Jack in a very ugly Christmas sweater.

"Andi!" He squealed in delight as he tangled himself around me, pulling my thin frame tightly against his own lanky one as he shook me lightly from side to side.

I laughed as he continued to hold onto me, even when I heard my father arrive on the porch behind me.

"Hey Mr. T," Jack greeted, only to break out in giggles at his words before letting me go and grabbing my wrist. "Come on Andi, let's go find Alex."

I gave my father a semi-reassuring glance as Jack quickly pulled me away from the then closed door, us mixing into the crowd.

"ALEX!" He yelled in a high pitched voice making the brown haired boy acorss the room look over to his friend. "I found your favourite person. Well your second favourite, behind me that is."

I rolled my eyes at Jack before wrapping my arms around Alex's narrow waist in a hug.

"Hey Lex," I greeted as he returned my hug, putting his arms around my shoulders and pulling me lightly into him.

Letting him go I stripped my jacket off of me, tossing it over to Jack who caught it with a smug look on his face. The look was soon wiped away when my red scarf hit him in the face right after.

"Mean," He pouted before walking away, tossing his hand up in what was supposed to be the middle finger, which he held back due to his parents being only a few feet, away as he mixed himself into the crow so eaisly and disapperaed from sight.

"Baby," I mumbled to myself as I rolled my eyes, Alex having heard me due to the laugh he let out as he slipped an arm around my waist hand rest lightly on my right hip.

The two of us stayed together most of the night, me just going where he went since I once again barely knew the people there apart from the band members.

Looking over to the door as it opened yet again the fourth and final band member arrived, Zack walking in behind his parents.

Slipping away from Alex's arm I bounced over to the tall boy, wrapping my arms around him tightly in a hug.

"Hi Zack," I greeted making him laugh as he hugged me back lightly, his parents chuckling as well.

I let go of him and once more returned to Alex and Jack in the corner, both chuckling as well, letting Alex return his hand to my hip, linking two of his fingers through my belt loops.

"You're in a good mood," He commented to which I only shrugged with a light dusting of a blush on my cheeks.

"You have got to be the cutest thing ever" Jack squealed before yanking me away from Alex, holding me tightly against his chest, my face rubbing roughly against the scratchy fabric of his sweater.

"What is this thing made of?" I asked as my face scrunched up and I tried to wiggle away from his grasp.

"Alex's mom's pubes," He said making me snort and Alex punch his shoulder, laughing none the less.

"Ugh," I groaned as I was finally able to push him away, sinking back against Alex, his arms snaking around my middle tighly, making a small giggle bubble up from inside me.

"Well aren't you two just the cutest thing," Jack commented as he sassily planted his hands on his hips, cocking them to the side. "Like, you would make such adorable babies."

Despite me knowing that he was joking, I couldn't help the bright rose colored blush that settled across my cheeks, my head ducking down lightly to hide behind my hair.

"Ugh, I could just kidnap you and keep you in my basement!" Jack said, getting a weird look from on of his parent's friends who had walked past as they took in his cocked hip as well as his words.

"That's not very reassuring," Alex said with a laugh as he casually began to run his finger lightly over my right hip as he held me close, seeming more clingy to me that day as opposed to the last time we had seen each other just days prior.

"Come on Alex," I mumbled to him. "I want a brownie."

Not letting me loose, the two of us walked into the kitchen, leaving Jack behind to go and find someone else to torment.

Finding the desserts quickly, I grabbed one of the frosted brownies before leaning against the counter, Alex leaning on the one opposite to me as he grabbed a brownie for himself. Looking down at my food, I pinched a corner off of the chocolate dessert and ate it slowly, only looking back up when Alex tapped his shoe lightly against the side of mine.

"What 'cha thinking about?" He asked like a little kid, giving me a cheesy grin and everything.

"Just stuff," I replied before sticking my tongue out at him childishly.

Finishing off the small brown pastry, I brushed my hands off on the side of my skinny jeans lightly, Alex mimicking my motions.

It wasn't until he looked to his left that I noticed moving out of the corner of my eye. Looking over as well, I saw Jack standing just outside of the archway pointing up the celing with exaggerated motions. But as soon as he saw me looking he quickly dived out of sight making me give Alex a questioning glance.

His eyes were trained on the celing though, or more so the small green leaf hanging from the celing right above us.

"Oh," I breathed in understanding as it finally dawned on me what was happening.

Looking over to Alex I found him with his hands shoved deep into his pockets as a small amount of color leaked into his cheeks.

"We can uh, move if you want," He muttered to which I only shrugged and crossed my arms lightly over my chest, looking around to try and find something to distract me from my racing thoughts.

"Could I...?" He started to say but trailed off as the color in his cheeks darkened a few shades.

I just gave a small nod as he took a step closer to me, locking my eyes onto his.

After he began to lean in, he faltered for a second before placing a light kiss on my right cheek, moving back right after.

In the slipt second afterwards I moved closer to him, getting up on my toes before pressing my lips lightly against his in a spurt of courage, my fingers locking together at the base of his neck. He didn't react for a moment before he gently put his hands on my hips as I sank back down until my feet were flat on the groud, him leaning down to keep our lips connected.

We broke apart shortly after, my cheeks flaming with color as my heart raced in my chest.

"Well, uh..." I stuttered as I slowly retracted my hands, his staying planted on my hips, his fingers tracing over where my scars were as he kept his eyes locked on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
THEY FINALLY KISSED. Like for real kissed!

This is what I'm doing to make up for, yet again, disappearing for days without updating. I've been getting distracted and I started playing Sims again, so if any of you have played that you should understand.

I actually started writing this two days ago but then stuff started happening, and then when I started writing this again at my sister's (where I am now) my laptop shut off and I lost all that I had written and had to completely re-write basically everything up to when Alex and Andi went into the kitchen together.

So yeah, here's another fluffy, cute update to hold you guys over until I can get around to updating as much as I used to~