Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

42

It was a week after the new year had began, and with a new year came more school, and more school meant more regular visits to see Dr. Agarwal. I was driving there, having just left my house, as I fiddled with the radio.

Giving a sigh I finally reached into my glove box, stretching across the front of the car with my eyes glancing back and forth to the road as I extracted a familiar black and yellow CD case.

Popping the CD into the CD player in the car I sat back against the seat, letting the Prelude runs its course before Alex's voice finally kicked in.

I was barely half way into the city when my phone began to ring on the seat beside me. Glancing over at it, the name on the caller ID was flashing DAD making me give a sigh before reaching over to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered as I cradled the device between my ear and my shoulder so that I could keep my hands on the wheel.

"Are you on your way to your appointment?" He asked right off the bat, not even stopping to make pleasant conversation.

"Yes dad, I'm in the car now," I said, rolling my eyes as I flicked on my turn signal, merging into the next lane so I could get ready to get off at my upcoming exit.

"What's that racket?" He questioned, referring to the music that was still playing.

"Oh, that's just a CD Alex gave me," I replied with a shrug, avoiding to mention that it was Alex's band knowing how much Dad hated him.

"If you're driving you shouldn't have that turned up so loud," He lectured.

"Alright Dad, but I have to go. Talking on the phone and driving is even more dangerous than loud music." I said, knowing it came off a bit snide but I merely shrugged it off as I ended the call and tossed the phone back on the passenger's seat.

It wasn't long after that when I pulled into the parking lot of Dr. Agarwal's building. I quickly shut off the engine, killing the loud music, before gathering up my wallet, keys, and phone and heading through the front doors of the building.

I sat in the waiting room for only fifteen minutes, filled with my texts from Jack about if I would do his homework for him or at least help him because his head was "filled with nothing but naked girls and naked Alex".

Rolling my eyes I replied to Jack to tell him that I would help him, but not do it for him, as my name was called by the assistant at the counter. I sent the text quickly before shoving the phone back in my pocket and heading through the door that would lead me into Dr. Agarwal's office.

"Hello Andi," She greeted me as I took my seat across the desk from her, replying with my own greeting. "How are you today?"

"Same old, same old," I replied with a small shrug as I sank back into the faux leather chair, pulling my knees against my chest.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She questioned as she jotted notes down on her little pad of paper.

"Good I guess."

A short silence fell over us, an awkward one that I grown to know very well with our visits.

"How is your friend?" She asked. "The boy named Alex."

Even after her constant questions of him, the name always made a small smile twitch at my lips, which is probably why she was always asking about him.

"He's fine," I replied shortly as I always did.

"There is a reason that I brought the boy up," Agarwal said as she leaned back in her chair, crossing one leg over the other lightly.

"And that reason is...?" I asked when she did not elaborate further.

"I would like you to bring him in with you on your next visit so that I can meet him," She stated making me sit up and drop my feet back on to the carpeted floor.

"Why do you want meet him?" I asked, my words coming out faster than I meant them to.

"It is very easy to see that the boy means a great deal to you," She said as she motioned for me to sit back, which I ignored blatantly. "Also, it seems that your father's main worries about you revolve around this boy and so it is in my best interests to see both of your views on the boy."

It wasn't until then that I finally sat back against the seat again, folding my arms over my chest as I tried to hold in my anger at my father.

"I'll talk to Alex," I muttered quietly, shutting off any possible conversation for the rest of the session.

~~

I pulled my car into the normal stop beside the mail box and parked it before climbing out and cutting across the lawn. Instead of walking right in, I paused to knock at the door, it opening only a moment later.

"Oh, hello dear," Isobel greeted me, motioning for me to come inside. "The boys are in the basement."

"Thank you," I said giving her a smile before making my way over to the door leading to the basement, taking the steps quickly.

"Andi!" Jack squealed when I entered the room, throwing himself off of the couch and right at me, wrapping his long arms tightly around my torso.

"Hey Jack-o," I greeted as I hugged him back before pushing the boy away, moving over to take my regular seat beside Alex on the couch, saying my hello's to the other members as well.

"How was it?" Alex asked me quietly after Jack had returned to playing some video game with Rian while Zack just sat back and watched like he always does.

"She uh," I started, "She wants you to come with me next week."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, me nodding to confirm the question that his eyes were asking me.

"I know, I didn't know what to sat either," I sighed, leaning my head against his shoulder. "apparently my dad is constantly complaining about you to her and she wants to see why."

"Well, do you want me to go with you?" He asked me as he put his arm across my shoulders.

"You might as well just so she doesn't ask me about it again," I shrugged, his arm going up and down with the movement of my shoulders.

"Alright, I'll go with you," He agreed, giving me a small squeeze for reassurance.

"Thank you," I sighed, leaning more of my body against his as I turned my attention to Jack tackling Rian onto the ground, shouting that he cheated.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know that it's been almost a week since I've updated, but I ended up spending 4 days at my lake house over the weekend, and there's no internet for me to connect to there otherwise I would have updated days ago.

Anyway, this update is a bit of a filler, but I needed it to lead into Alex finally getting to meet Andi's therapist~

Now, I would absolutely love it if you guys could get us up to 400 comments! We're only 18 away, and I know that you guys can do it! Show Alex and Andi your love.