Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

48

When the next week rolled around, Alex and the rest of the band were getting antsy and nervous about their upcoming recording session, the first one with their new record label. It was the day before they were supposed to go in, and that Thursday after school Alex was having them go over the new songs time after time.

A thought had popped into my head and I rose from my overstuffed chair while the guys stood around, each with a bottle of water.

The weather had started to warm up again, it already being halfway through through February with Spring soon approaching and so Rian's mom had requested for them to move back into the garage for their practices.

Moving out of the opened front of the house I heard Alex question what I was doing, my response being a hand lifted over my head to wave him off. I quickly approached the mail box, pulling the lid down and pulling out the stack of letters that had been sitting inside.

Looking over the many different college logos on the letters I finally found the one that I was looking for. I tossed the rest back in, ripping the tab open and pulling the folded up papers out.

Inside the garage the boys were discussing the song that they had just played when a high pitched scream filled the air making them rush away from the instruments to see why Andi was screaming.

Alex was the quickest of them to move, running out just in time to have Andi jump into his arms, her legs wrapping tightly around his waist and her arms wound just as tight around his neck.

"I GOT ACCEPTED!" I yelled happily as I stayed latched onto Alex, my body wrapped completely around his.

"That's amazing!" He cheered, spinning me around as he hugged me tightly against him, me only slipping off of him after he had stopped.

"Congrats Andi," Rian said as he pulled me into a short hug, Zack moving to do the same. Jack on the other hand decided that he would wrap himself around me like I had Alex, his long legs twining around my waist as he made sounds of delight.

"Down boy," I laughed as I tried to get him off of me, which he happily complied to.

The boys moved back into the garage, all but Alex he pulled me into a proper hug, holding me tight against his chest.

"I'm so happy for you Andi," He said before placing a kiss against the top of my head, me melting into the embrace. "And proud, really proud."

"That means a lot Alex," I said before giving a content sigh as my head rested against his shoulder, me making no attempt to break the hug. "I never could have done it without you here to help me. Hell, you're the reason I even got my camera back out again."

He hummed in response making light vibrations tickle the side of my face.

"ALEX!" Jack yelled loudly. "GET THE FUCK IN HERE!"

I rolled my eyes at his words but moved away from Alex none the less after he had given me one last squeeze.

~~

The following day instead of going straight home, I drove Alex and Jack to the Hopeless Records branch in the middle of Baltimore. The entire drive their nerves were on end, much like mine.

We pulled into the parking lot right after Rian, who had also driven Matt there, taking the parking spot next to his before getting out.

"When is Zack supposed to get here?" I questioned as we all joined by the trunk of Rian's car, my arms crossed over my chest as I leaned lightly against Alex's side, his arm around my shoulders.

"He said he'd be here at three thirty, which is still another fifteen minutes away so we have time to kill," Rian explained with a sigh.

In the time that past before Zack arrived we more or less just talked even though the conversation was sparse, all of us nervous and the anticipation building around the small group.

When Zack finally did pull up we all moved into the building which was more than just a bit intimidating. The boys had been here before when they spoke with the man who had decided to sign them, but it was my first time there.

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the main counter in the front asked, looking up from where she had been typing.

"All Time Low for three thirty with Dean," Alex spoke me having moved from his side when we entered, him keeping a hand wrapped around my own to keep the contact.

She nodded before picking up her and hitting three numbers quickly, "I have All Time Low here for you."

"Third floor, fourth door on the right is his office," She spoke giving a smile before we departed.

We met up with Dean briefly in his office before he whisked us away to a different room that had a recording booth set up inside of it.

He talked the basics with the guys while I sat back on a couch, Matt joining me after he had said what he needed to while Rian was sent into the booth to run his drumming tracks.

It was a long process, and Dean had stated that the boys would need to come back again numerous times over the next few months to get the entire EP created. They needed time for each part to be tracked, plus the time to get it all mixed and mastered.

"What song is this?" Dean asked referring to the beat that Rian was playing.

"It's called Coffee Shop Soundtrack," Alex answered.

"So it's one of the newer ones you wrote right? Not one off of your other CD?" He asked again, getting a nod from Alex in return.

"Why don't you grab that guitar," Dean started, pointing to a dark red instrument on the far side of the room. "And you can play along with him so I get a feel for it."

Alex complied, moving to pick up the guitar before returning to the black office chair he had been sitting in. Once Dean had Rian start again Alex jumped in with the rhythm for the song, the other parts being what Jack was supposed to play.

We were in the studio room for hours, me at one point pulling my digital camera out of my bag and snapping some shots of Alex and the guys as they worked and played. It wasn't until after six that we actually left, Dean not wanting to keep them any longer than he already had.

"I'll see you guys again soon," He told us. "Matt you have the recording schedule for them correct?"

Matt nodded in reply, holding the sheet of paper up to show Dean as we all filed out, us moving to the separate cars once we reached the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have no idea how recording actually works or how the process goes on, so this is a complete guess that may or may not be utter bullshit~ If it doesn't make sense I'm sorry but I tried because I felt like this was something that needed to be shown.

Also, this chapter was more or less inspired by an old picture of Alex which I'll post below.

Image

I have a slight obsession with young ATL pictures, and I actually have an entire folder of pictures from when they were in high school/ right after they graduated. And I never realized how creepy that sounds until just now so...

If you hadn't noticed I've been really inspired to write lately (that and the fact that I'm always up all night with nothing to do but play facebook games and be on tumblr so I end up writing more)

Thank you to all of you who have been commenting recently, they are greatly appreciated and I seriously love hearing from you guys!

Don't Panic, another update should be coming up soon~