Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

51

"Shit," Alex groaned as he fell onto the couch next to me in the studio. "We graduate next week."

"And as soon as you do, you guys can start touring," Dean commented from the sound table, looking in on Jack playing one of his guitar tracks.

"I'm fucking stoked to tour!" Alex cheered, earning a high five from Rian who had entered the room again right as the words left his mouth.

"It's gunna kick so much ass," Rian agreed as he sank into the couch beside Alex, leaving me pushed into the far corner against the arm rest.

Huffing lightly I sprawled my legs out across both of their laps to try and get comfortable again.

"Your fat asses are taking up all of my space." I complained as I continued to stretch out.

"Deal with it," was Rian's only response as he sat back and continued to press buttons on his phone.

~~

"And for the final time, this is the class of 2006!" The principal called into her microphone as the crowd let out cheers of joy, the graduating class throwing our red caps into the air.

"We did it!" I yelled as Alex wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around.

"Fuck dude this is awesome!" Jack said as he ran over to us. "Shit no it isn't, I'm technically an adult now."

"Don't worry Jack, no one will ever see you as an adult." I said placing a hand on his shoulder as Alex kept a hand planted on my hip.

"Come on Andi," I heard Alex say lowly into my ear. "Let's go outside."

Nodded in response, I let him lead me away from the crowd and out the side doors of the auditorium into the chilly Maryland night air.

"This is surreal." I commented as we walked along the sidewalk leading around the building. "Hold on."

I paused shortly to pull the red gown over my head, leaving me in a simple black and white dress that I had been wearing underneath. Folding the gown over my arm I continued to walk next to Alex who had taken the time to remove his own red gown.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked, referring to my exposed arms to which I shrugged, moving to stand close to his side.

"I'll use you as my sweater," I joked, him laughing as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me close against his side. "So you guys start touring soon."

"I know," He breathed out, a content smile across his face. "I'm so excited. We finally get a chance to really get our music out there for people to hear it. I know we've been on small tours up and down the cost, but this is different."

"It's your first tour on a bigger label," I said, him nodding at my words.

"Yeah..." He trailed off. "Come on, I bet your dad is trying to find you."

~~

With I sigh I stared down at the piece of paper in front of me, reading back over the words that I had spent so much time writing and then re-writing so that they would be perfect and not leave anything out.

It was only when my phone vibrated with a text that I looked away from the ink stained paper.

Come outside darling!

I looked away from my phone and moved over to the window, finding Alex standing on the sidewalk waving wildly at me.

With a roll of my eyes I pulled the grey beanie on over my hair, opting out of wearing a jacket since it was such a pleasant summer night.

Just as I was about to leave the room I paused, quickly retreating back through the many half-packed boxes to grab the letter, folding it back up into a square before shoving it into my pocket.

Jogging out of the cluttered room I quickly made my way down the steps and out the front door to greet the waiting Alex.

"It's the last night before I leave, spend time with me," He said, a pout present on his face the entire time.

"Well lets go." I laughed, grabbing his hand with my own, letting him tangle our fingers together lightly. "I want to go to our park."

"Alright," He laughed, leading me away from my house as the sun began to set lightly over the horizon. "I'm still bummed that you aren't coming with us."

"I want to go, but you know my dad would never let me leave the state without him, let alone on tour with a band," I replied, lightly knocking my shoulder against his.

"Yeah," He sighed, bringing his pout back out again.

"Aww come on, don't look at me like that!" I groaned as I looked away from him. "You know how much I can't resist the puppy dog face."

"Why do you think I always use it?" He questioned making me laugh just as we were walking up on the small structures of the park.

"Can we stay here till the stars come out?" I asked, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"Well if you're bringing your own puppy face out then I guess we have to," He joked making me make a sound of delight.

I happily sank down to the ground, spreading myself on my back across the soft, green field, patting beside me to signal Alex to lie down as well.

"I love star gazing," I sighed, searching the light pink sky for the few stars that were already beginning to show through the haze.

"Is this where I'm supposed to point to a star, call it ours, and say that whenever I look at it I think of you?" Alex asked making me let out a soft snort before covering my face with my hands.

"Oh my god shut up," I said through laughter.

"Isn't that what all the guys in those cliche romance movies do when they star gaze?"

"I'd much rather you promise me the moon than a burning mass thousands of light years away that might very well be dead," I replied, motioning to the full moon that had just began to rise as the sun had finished setting in the West.

"Fine, when I make it big, I'll buy you the moon." He laughed while rolling his eyes, using an arm to scoot me closer to his side, me sighing contently as I wrapped myself around him.

"I'm not ready for this to be over," I mumbled quietly to myself.

"It's not over yet," Alex responded, not knowing what I meant when I said it. "Not by a long shot."

I nodded lightly against his chest, looking up at the darkened sky to try and hold back tears as I thought back to what I had been planning.

It was silent between us as we continued to just lay there, taking in the night sky and the brightly shining stars the dotted it. Time past slowly, me trying to save every moment in my memory forever so that I would always remember.

So that I would remember the last time that I would see Alex for a very long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one more chapter left...And I'm actually about to go and write it now~

I more or less just gave away the ending in this chapter, but the reason that it jumps around so much is because I had so much to get in still yet there wasn't enough of each separate event for it's own chapter. So I just mashed all three things together for one chapter so that I could hurry and finish.

I'm actually kinda sad to see this end even though I already know what's going to happen...

Also! I just made the layout for the sequel like half an hour ago but I still don't have a title! I was hoping that you guys could maybe suggest some good ones that you think should be the title.

Right now I'm leaning towards something to do with the song Kiss Me Again, but I don't just want to just name it the title of the song since so many other people have already used it.

So comment and leave a suggestion for the sequel!!