The Important Question

The question.

It was a cold morning. The wind picked up and started blowing her hair from side to side. She stood there, in silence, waiting for him.
Cars drove past her, but she still, stood there, in silence. The water below became rough, and rain started to pour onto the town. The water rose, but yet, she didn’t move, was she dead? Or was her soul just dead?

A few minutes passed, and then he came, he came out of no where. She looked at him, into his eyes, and he looked back. He took her hand and knelt down on one knee.

“Marry me?” he said quite softly. He opened a small box, and showed her the small diamond ring inside.

The lady blinked. But then broke out into a smile, she was loved. He loved her.

“Yes” she mumbled back.

“YES” he shouted into the air.

He slipped the ring on her finger, and as this happened, she jumped on him and locked her lips to his. Cars passed again, honking their horns, at the couple on the bridge. He took her hand once more, and led her off the bridge to a small car, parked half on the pavement, half not. He let her in, and stared at her. They sat there. Staring.

“I love you.” He said to her.

“I love you too” she replied.

He opened up his arms, a welcoming invitation for the lady as she moved around and sat on his lap, in his arms. Like it was meant to be.