6 Years.

Year Four 2010

“Sidney, I can’t do this anymore. You deserve someone so much better than me” she said looking up at his shocked face. “You need someone strong enough to handle this. To handle your career. I have my own life to build, school to finish, job to find. I don’t know if I’m staying in Pittsburgh” she felt tears slide down her face.

“What?” he asked trying to wrap his head around what was going on. “Kelly, what are you talking about? I thought that everything was going well. I love you Kelly, I don’t want this to end.”

“I love you too Sid but, I can’t do this anymore I’m sorry” she said stepping out of his arms. Walking out of his house she nearly collapsed on the front steps, this was the hardest thing she had ever done. But it’s for the best. He deserves someone who has their life in order already. He has so much going on he deserves someone who can offer him what he needs, and in her option isn‘t her.

He stood there dumbfounded, the ring in his pocket feeling like it weighed a Ton. He loved her and she loved him, at least he thought she did. 4 years and she just walks out of his life like it was nothing, but it wasn’t nothing she was in tears. Why would she break up with him if it hurt her that much? Sidney walked to the window seeing her leaning against her car shoulders shaking for a moment before climbing in. He could see her wiping under her eyes, shoulders still shaking as she put it into gear and backed out of the drive.

“Son of a bitch” he muttered running his hands through his hair, kneeling in pain and confusion. He loved her, wanted to marry her, spend his life with her and out of the blue its over like that, no real reason besides her thinking she wasn’t good enough for him.

She walked into her apartment tears streaming down her face still, her roommate Emily stood from her seat on the couch and ran to her holding her in a tight hug.

“Kell what’s wrong?”

“I had to. . . Sid and I . . . I can’t believe I just broke up with him” she sobbed.

“Why did you break up with him?”

“I’m not what he needs Em.”

“Oh Kelly.”

“I know, I love him but he deserves someone better.”

“It will be ok.”

“I hope so” she said taking a deep but jagged breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me. . .