6 Years.

Year Six 2012 Part Two

“SIDNEY!” she yelled from the bottom of the stairs. He came to the top of the stairs seeing his very pregnant wife bent over clutching at her stomach. He quickly jogged down the stairs helping her to sit on the step.

“How many is this now?”

“I don’t know anymore” she said squeezing his hand tight. “They’re way closer though.”

“I’m almost done getting the stuff together. We should start towards the hospital.”

“Yea I don’t want to give birth in the car” she said attempting to slide on her boots. “Baby I need help” she admitted unable to maneuver around her large baby bump. He kneeled in front of her sliding the warm boots onto her feet before kissing her belly tenderly.

“Daddy will see you soon” he whispered. She smiled, seeing him so fatherly already made her heart swell in pride for her husband. He sat taller kissing her lips with a little more passion than what she was expecting. “Do we have time for a quickie?”

“Sidney” she laughed resting her head on his shoulder. “I love you but no we don’t have the time. We have some anxious little ones that want to get out and meet their daddy.”

“Is that right babies?” he asked her belly feeling someone push on his hand.

“We gotta go like now Sid” she said as another contraction hit. “They’re too close, what if we don’t make it to the hospital?”

“We’ll make it. You two wait until we get where its safe, do you understand me?” he said in a stern fatherly voice. Her hands grapping onto his shoulders tight holding back the sobs the pain created.

“It hurts so bad Sidney” she said a single tear rolling down her face.

“We’re going to get you to the hospital, and get you those drugs you’ve been begging for everytime a contraction hits ok? I’m going to make sure you’re taken care of, that our babies are taken care of.”

“Ok” she nodded trusting that he would do exactly what he promised.

They made it to the hospital, just in time for her to receive her epidural. They put in IV’s and hooked up a fetal heart rate monitor checking the babies out. Everything was looking good and progressing steadily.

“Should be any minute now” the nurse said checking her progress again. “Then you’re going to be parents.”

“I’m just glad we got here in time for the drugs” she said holding onto Sidney’s hand.

“I promised you we would” he replied kissing her forehead.

“I hate you so much right now” she said between pushes, squeezing his hand as hard as she could.

“I love you too Kell” he said kissing her forehead as she was told to push again.

“Baby 1 is almost here mom, one more big push” the doctor said encouraging her. She looked to Sidney and seeing his smile she took a deep breath and pushed. Cries filled the room and relief filled her chest, until she remembered her other baby was still waiting to join the family. “Take a little break get your breath back and we’ll get your other little one out too.”

“Sid, how is he?”

“He’s perfect sweetheart.”

“I need to push” she said making eye contact with the doctor, he nodded and sat back down ready to deliver. Minutes later their second child was there, eyes wide wondering what was going on but quiet as a mouse.

“Congratulations Mommy and Daddy, you have two healthy babies” a nurse said handing over their son and daughter. “Do you have names picked out?”

“Yea” he said looking down at his wife and son with a smile. “Isabelle Marie, and Patrick Michael.”

“Sidney” she said taking her free hand resting it tenderly on his arm.

“Yea Kell?”

“Thank you so much.”

“Thank you” he replied leaning down to kiss her. “Sleep baby, you look exhausted.”

“I just want to look at them” she whispered. “We did this Sidney. They’re a little you and a little me.”

“She’s a lot of you. Which is not a good thing in my opinion.”

“They’re both beautiful” she said gently caressing their sons face, he smiled in his sleep, safe and warm in his mothers arms.

“Their mother is beautiful. Thank you so much for them, I can’t say that enough Kelly. I love you.”

“I love you too. All three of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sadly this is the last Chapter. When I wrote this I wasn't expecting to have this many readers but you all came out and read it. Thank you so much for your support and please consider reading my other stories. I have a few that are done and some that I'm still working on. I would love your feed back on those as well.

Thanks again. Please comment one more time for me.