Status: Written for a competition c:

Broken Wings

And I, am so, lost for words.

After a long, tiring day, the boys of Black Veil Brides laughed and joked amongst themselves as they made their way to their tour bus for the journey to the next venue. They'd just finished a three day stop in Phoenix, Arizona, and were now heading to Las Vegas, Nevada.

The youngest of the band, Andy, noticed that CC seemed distant and not so involved in the nights jokes. He frowned to himself as he watched the second eldest boy closely, watching for any signs of what could be wrong. When he saw nothing other than small crystal droplets forming in his deep brown eyes, he decided someone was bothering the drummer. Darting past Ashley, Jinxx and Jake, Andy pulled CC behind a few metres in order to talk to him.

"what's up C?" the taller, yet younger boy asked, concern obvious in his facial features.

"nothing, Andy" the elder man replied softly, his voice on the verge of cracking.

"don't lie CC. You look like you're about to cry" Andy said softly, hugging the drummer. "what's up?"

"it's a long story, Andy. Don't worry about it" CC insisted.

"C, I'm here to listen, okay? Just tell me. Maybe you'll feel better knowing it's between you and someone else, rather than just you and yourself" With a soft sigh, CC began to speak of the troubles on his mind.

"I like someone, yeah? I like this guy a lot. But...I know he only sees me as a friend, nothing more, nothing less. It hurts every day that I'm not with him, y'know?" he explained as the two continued to walk. Andy nodded. He'd known for a long time that his friend and band mate was gay, and he'd never had a problem with that. In fact, it made him love the drummer more. As a brother and best friend, of course. But Andy was bisexual, so it made him feel more secure.

"well...who is the guy?" Andy asked curiously.

"n-no one you know" CC stuttered.

"it's Jake, isn't it?" Andy asked, a knowing smile on his black painted lips. CC sighed and nodded. He'd had a crush on the lead guitarist and third eldest boy for the longest of times. But he'd lead himself to believe that Jake didn't like him as any more than a best friend, band mate and brother.

"yes, it's Jake" CC finally said aloud. Andy chuckled softly.

"CC, the man is smitten. Only you two are blind to that fact" Andy said, finally pointing out what he and the other two could see between the lead guitarist and the drummer.

"bullshit" CC muttered. "he's got Ella"

"no, actually. Didn't he tell you?" Andy asked.

"tell me what?" CC questioned, confusion setting in.

"he obviously forgot to tell you," Andy began. "he and Ella broke it off last night. Ella didn't really like the distance that much and she's pregnant with another man"

"wait...she cheated?!" CC exclaimed in shock. He knew how in love Jake had been with Ella. Andy nodded. CC became lost for words. Maybe there was a small chance that Jake felt the same as CC did. But, what are the chances of that, really?

What are the chances of Jake liking a childish idiot like me? CC thought to himself, taking himself further on the downward spiral of his happiness. The second eldest boy had been suffering depression for a long time. But only Andy knew. Andy knew everything about CC. Andy understood how it felt to feel lost, out of place, rejected. Ashley, Jinxx and Jake had never had that problem. Ashley was once in a band as lead vocalist and bassist, in high school, the football team captain. Jinxx had always had his Sammi Doll, since they day the younger girl turned five they had been inseparable and now the two were engaged. Jake? Jake was popular enough in high school. It was only after he reached the half way point in his senior year that he began to take an interest in the rock 'n' roll lifestyle, rather than the life of a 'normal' teenage boy. Jake also had Ella for a long time. A friend at first, soon a relationship. Suffering depression is one thing the drummer could never bring himself to admit to the rest of his band mates, for fear he would become a reject once more.

"CC?" Andy questioned, waving his hand in front of the elder boys face. CC blinked a few times before looking at the younger man.

"what were you saying?" CC questioned, blushing as he realised he'd spaced out in his thought process. Andy chuckled.

"I was saying you should talk to Jake, C" he said, smiling comfortingly at the drummer. "you don't know the truth until you go and look for it"

And with that said and done, Andy jogged the last few feet to the bus and disappeared inside, leaving CC with his thoughts once more. The drummer sighed to himself and pulled his pack of cigarettes from the pocket of his studded leather jacket along with his neon blue lighter before holding a stick between his lips and burning the end of it. As he reached the half way point of the cancer stick, the bus door opened up and revealed the lead guitarist that wouldn't leave CC's mind.

"you alright CC?" he asked, hopping down to stand beside his best friend. "Andy said you seemed kinda distant. Wouldn't say why though"

CC smiled to himself softly, making a mental note to thank Andy for keeping a secret as he took another drag of the burning stick before replying. "'m fine"

"c'mon C!" Jake said. "you can talk to me, y'know? It's what I'm here for"

"I know, Jake" CC said. "I'd tell you if there was something wrong, I promise"

With a frown, and a soft sigh, Jake nodded. "alright. Make sure you do tell me, yeah?"

"I promise, Jake" CC repeated with a forced chuckle and a small smile to his crush. Jake returned his smile and headed back inside. CC stomped out the end of the cigarette he'd been smoking before heading inside after the younger man and shutting the bus door.

As soon as their manager returned from wherever he'd been at the time, bus call was done to assure the short, ginger man that the entire band was there, and they began their journey to the city of Las Vegas.
♠ ♠ ♠
The start of my second contest entry ^,^ (for the same contest Beautiful Bride was written for)
I'm quite happy with the start of this c:
It's hard to turn my one-shot plan into a story mind >.>
But meh. It's rules, right? :L
Please lemme know what you think of this, guys! I'd really appreciate it!<3.

Stay awesome guys! \m/

Comment/Subscribe?:3<3.