Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

14

Gold sequins covered me from mid calve to the tops of my boobs. This was the dress I’d bought to wear to Julia’s party. I finished off the look with some wedge sandals with black roses along the front.

To my surprise, when I got back home Mom and Anthony were gone. I have no idea where the disappeared to, but honestly I didn’t care that much. It gave me time to prep myself in piece. You know, fix up my make up, make it a little darker around the eyes since it was a party. I sprayed on some perfume and freshened up my armpits. I’d taken to wearing Old Spice after my dad died. He always used to wear it.

I did a once over in the mirror and decided I was ready. It was time to head out. Julia had given me directions, albeit rather confusing directions, but directions all the same.

Walking everywhere was getting to be a pain, I really needed to get a car or something. But on the other hand, getting my own car meant no more rides with Mr. Harrington. I’d sacrifice my legs for some alone time with Mr. Sexy.

I really shouldn’t have worn heels, I realized that 20 minutes into the walk to Julia’s. Oh fucking well, too late to turn back.

After a while I stopped keeping track of time and eventually I made it to Julia’s.

“There you are, sexy! We were wondering where you were.” That was how Julia greeted me and of course Katie was right behind her looking slightly bored.

“I walked. I don’t have a car.”

“Goddamn! You could’ve just asked, we’d have given you a ride. Anyway, come on in, booze are on the back porch, bedrooms are upstairs if you meet someone cute, and music is booming in the living room. Get your party on, Regan!” She slapped me on the butt and left without another word.

I’m almost positive she was either drunk or high, most likely the latter of the two. I figured I might as well zonk myself out with a couple of beers. I mean why the hell not? It’s not like I was driving home.

I wove my way through crowds of drunk, horny, dancing teenagers and somehow managed to find the back deck. Sure enough there were coolers upon coolers of beer and various other forms of alcohol.

I went cheap and grabbed a Pabst Blue Ribbon. I know, I know, lame, but I loved those things.

“Oh shit sorry,” I jumped back after having the shit scared out of me by some boy coming up the side stairs on the porch. It wasn’t well lit and it almost seemed like he appeared out of no where.

“Nah, man I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you.”

I cocked my head to the side. “Hey, do I know you?”

“Yeah, we’re in the same art class. I’m Gavin Tucci. Most people just call me Tucci.”

“Oh yeah, yeah! I feel like such an ass now for forgetting.”

“Don’t be, I have no idea what your name is. I just know that you’re the new girl, the pretty new girl.”

Was he hitting on me?

“It’s Regan Anderson. People just call me Regan though,” I smiled.

“That’s such an awesome, unique name.”

“Well, it’s not that unique… Thanks though.” I could feel the heat creeping up my cheeks.

“Wanna head back inside and dance?”

“To be honest, I’m not much of a dancer.”

“You know,” Gavin said, a smile tugging at his lips. “Neither am I.”

He held out his hand.

“Want to go on an adventure?”

Fuck yes.