Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

2

You know what sucks ass? Walking all the way to school. Especially when the drive takes about 10 minutes. Walking takes fucking forever.

But I had to walk to school. It wasn’t like Mom or Anthony was going to take me, and since I was new there wasn’t a bus set up to pick me up yet. I’m surprised mom even managed to sign me up for school. Then again, maybe she didn’t, maybe my aunt did. I don’t care too much to find out.

School started at 7:40. It was 8:15 and I was almost there, it was at the end of the next intersection.

Late on my first day, totally cool right? I’m such a badass. Not really. It sucked.

I always wanted to do well in school, I mean I was a smart kid, I just didn’t give enough of a shit to try.

Finally I got to school, with a stitch in my side and burning calves, and of course I had no fucking clue where to go.

I just kind of wandered around until I bumped into some girl.

She looked like the kind of girl who would plaster her notebooks and locker with “I love Jesus” stickers.

I’m an extremely judgmental person.

“Oh hello, are you new?” She asked, adjusting her glasses as she looked up at me.

“Um yeah. Sorry for running into you and shit,” I mumbled.

“It’s no problem! My name’s Diane, you can come to me if you need anything.”

Looking back, I kind of wish I had become friends with Diane. My life would have probably taken an entirely different route. Then again, I can’t say my situation now is too horrible.

“Uh thanks. I’m Regan. Do you know where I should go and shit?”

“There are schedules on the table outside of the main office, and if you need any direction you can go to guidance or you can just ask me.”

“Thanks, but I think I’ll be okay.” And with that I went to go dig around in the piles for the schedule marked ANDERSON, REGAN. It wasn’t too terribly hard, after all Anderson usually is towards the top.

First period I had history with a Mr. Harrington. That got me slightly excited, the one subject I actually paid attention in was history.

I should’ve just asked Diane for directions because I wasted another 10 minutes trying to find the damn classroom, but I managed to find it.

“Yes can I help you?”

And of course the first thing I noticed was how extremely gorgeous this Mr. Harrington was.

“Excuse me?” He tried once again to get my attention.

“Oh um, I’m Regan. I’m new.”

“Yes, they told me you’d be coming today. You’re late, miss Regan. Three lates in a row and you get a detention. Try and get here on time tomorrow. You can pick up a text book from the stack behind my desk and take the seat in the back behind Casey.”