Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

26

Shocked blue eyes blinked at me as if they couldn’t believe this was reality.

“Uh… goodnight, Regan.” And he hurried out of the room.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

Why did I always have to go and fuck everything up? Now things were going to be extremely uncomfortable between us.

I went to bed angry that night. Angry at myself. What if I had actually had a chance with him? I know I was dreaming big, but what if.

First I fucked up things with Tucci and now Mr. Harrington. Woohoo, go Regan. You’re on fire, you dumb bitch.

Around 5 AM I was half awakened by shuffling. I sat up, confused. It took me a minute to remember where I was and why, but then I remembered. And I found out that what had woken me was Mr. H, grabbing some clothes for the day. Mr. H in only his underwear. There was a little line of dark hair peaking from the waist of his boxers to his belly button.

Holy fuck. Why did he have to be so fucking attractive? I was getting turned on. That’s how pathetic I am.

“Oh sorry, didn’t mean to wake you, Regan.”

Bullshit, he was obviously teasing me. Probably not, but in my mind I had painted him as teasing. Why else would he have walked into the room in only his underwear knowing there was a high probability he would wake me?

“Mmm, yeah whatever,” I murmured, my words still heavy with sleep.

Apparently I went back to sleep because when I woke up again it was 10. What the fuck?

I shot up out of bed.

Why didn’t Mr. H wake me? I was going to be so late to school. I didn’t even have a change of clothes, I’d have to stop at home first. Fuck.

I climbed out of bed and headed out into the main room. Max was propped on the couch with a bowl of cereal, watching some shitty reality TV.

“Morning, sunshine,” He smiled. “Johnny told me to tell you not to worry about today, you had a hard night last night. He’ll talk to you when he gets home. For now, why don’t you grab something to eat and then you can shower or whatever. Help yourself to anything in the fridge.”

I did as Max instructed and grabbed a strawberry yogurt. I sat down next to him as I ate.

“So, how do you know John?”

Wait, Max didn’t know that I was his student? Shit. I guess Mr. H didn’t explain what his message meant, he just asked Max to pass it on. That left me in an awkward place. Should I tell Max the truth or lie my ass off?

“Uh… well we met at school.”

“Oh, you went to Penn State too?”

“Not exactly…”