Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

30

“Right, we all done with the teenage girl drama?” Max asked. He was washing up dishes when John and I got back inside.

“Yup, all good. Man, I’m tired,” I faked a yawn and stretched my arms over my head. “I’m gonna head off to bed.”

I blinked at John.

“Yes, me too,” He said.

“Wait, what?” Max stared at us as we hurried into John’s room. “What is going on between you tw-“

We cut him off by closing the door. Within seconds my shirt was off followed by John’s white collared one.

His hands flew to my waist, pulling me against him. Our lips met again in a desperate passion. Calloused fingers climbed their way up my back to the clasp on my bra.

Warm, soft lips moved down my neck, stopping right where my pulse was most evident. He began working on leaving a mark right at that spot.

When he finished he pulled a way, smiling at my apologetically.

“Regan, we should stop before this gets out of hand.” Oh no we should not. “We should take this slow.”

Why? I wanted to ask, but the word wouldn’t come to my lips. Instead I just nodded at him. It was those damn eyes, so fucking hypnotic. So fucking gorgeous.

“A kiss goodnight at least?”

“Alright,” He said, leaning forward and placing a light kiss on the tip on my nose. “Goodnight, Regan.”

And then he left the room. I didn’t realize taking things slow meant we couldn’t even cuddle or something of the sort. Perhaps he was just trying to keep up appearances with Max. Either way I was sleeping alone that night.

John actually woke me up in the morning for school.

“I don’t have any clothes,” I said in protest.

“You can borrow some of Cayleigh’s.”

He went over to his closet and the plastic bins inside. He pulled open one of the drawers and grabbed a tie dye shirt and a paisley patterned floor length skirt. Not my kind of clothing.

“She has a drawer in your room?”

“Well she lived here for a year.”

“I thought you guys were on and off.”

“We were. She still lived here when we were off.”

“Do I get a drawer too?”

“And you’re just assuming you’ll be allowed to stay here whenever you want? Regan, I’m putting my ass on the line here. We have to be careful about this.”

I frowned. “So you’re sending me back to Anthony?”

“I don’t have much of a choice. Dammit, Regan why do you do this?”

“Do what?”

“That thing that you do!” He was getting flustered.

“Oh very specific, John!”

“Having a lover’s quarrel are we?” Max asked, his voice thick with sleep. I hadn’t even noticed he’d joined us. Judging by the look on John’s face neither did he.

“There’s nothing going on between us, Max.”

“Look will everyone just shut the hell up? I’m going to take a shower.” And I stalked off into the bathroom.