Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

33

As I was walking home a blue BMW drove up next to me and honked.

Fucking Mr. H.

“What?” I said, a little more rudely than I had originally intended.

“I’ve changed my mind. I want you to stay at my place for a little while. We’ll stop back at your house on the way so you can grab some clothes and other personal items.”

Fuck yes. Without a word I climbed my way into the car.

When he pulled up in front of my mom’s house I sat in the car for minute, trying to work up the nerve to go inside.

“Do you want me to come with you?” Mr. Harrington offered.

“No. Please, just wait here. I’ll only be a minute.” And finally I found the motivation to actually get out of the BMW.

I approached the house, trying to keep my cool and act like everything was normal.

When I got inside I could hear Anthony in the kitchen talking to mom. I tried to sneak up the stairs, but they were old and creepy.

“Who the fuck is that- Oh, Regan it’s just you. We’ve you been?”

Fuck Anthony, I didn’t want to talk to him.

“Somewhere. Nowhere.” I kept walking. He followed me.

In the safety of my room I grabbed my messenger bag decorated with Hello Kitty stickers and pins with various little things on them. Without much of a plan I just started grabbing handfuls of clothing and stuffing it in the bag, along with some makeup, shoes, and my laptop.

Anthony had caught up with me, he was standing in the doorway to my room.

I shoved past him and booked it out the door back to Mr. Harrington.

“Shit, drive, drive.”

“Regan what the hell?” He shrieked, turning the key and bringing the ignition to life.

“Nothing, everything’s fine, just keep driving.”

Well at least now I could ditch the hippie paraphernalia that previously belonged to Cayleigh. I couldn’t help wondering what she looked like. Was she pretty? I bet she was. Wait, was I jealous? Fuck. I was jealous of Mr. Harrington’s ex-girlfriend.

Shallow, Regan, shallow.