Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

48

Social suicide. That term gets thrown around a lot in teen dramas that revolve around high school. If I was correct, I had just committed the act of social suicide by vomiting in the middle of the school hallway.

Kids (mainly girls) screeched and leapt away from me, most looking disgusted but a few laughing at my taco chunk mess.

Fuck.

My hands flew up to cover my face which only lead to the puke residue left around my mouth smearing all over my palms.

It was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me. Thank god none of it had gotten on Tucci, the majority had splattered myself and my shoes.

Jesus. I thought those tacos had smelled like absolute shit before I ate one, now it smelled like fifteen flavors of ass and worse.

My stomach lurched again, preparing for another taco evacuation. Fuck.

Before I had a chance to blow more chunks all over the floor someone thrust a trashcan in front of me, just in time.

When I finished puking for the second time, I looked up to see John standing next to me. Apparently he was the one who came to my rescue with the trashcan.

I couldn’t bare to look at Tucci. I was sure I’d embarrassed him, disgusted him, and probably gave him enough reason to never kiss me again.

“Gavin, you get to class, I’ll take care of Regan. I’ll get her to the nurse,” John said this in a hushed tone, it was obviously only meant for Tucci and me to hear. He turned around and addressed the rest of the student body and ordered them all to get to class before he started handing out detentions.

The all scrambled away, Tucci giving me a pat on the back before doing the same.

“You okay?” John asked bending down to be level with me, still leaning over the trashcan in case of another stomach eruption.

I shook my head. “I just threw up in front of everyone. I’m so fucking embarrassed.”

“Language,” He sighed, rubbing me on the back. It was soothing.

John disappeared into his room and returned with some wet wipes for my face and hands. While I dabbed the mess away from my skin, he started working on cleaning up my shirt. God he was so fucking sweet.

“Alright, at least you’re not sopping with vomit now, let’s get you to the nurse.”

He picked up the trashcan, keeping it in place in front of me, just in case.

As soon as we got into the nurses’ office I burst into tears. Thank god no one else was in there.

“Oh dear,” The kind little nurse said. Her name was Miss Maggie.

She got me some water to drink, gave me some tums, and had me lay down while she bustled around looking for some replacement clothes for me.

John stayed with me while Miss Maggie wandered off to the lost and found.

“How’re you feeling?”

“Fucking humiliated,” I sobbed, covering my eyes with my forearm.

Miss Maggie returned a minute later having had no luck in finding a puke free shirt for me.

“I phoned home. Your stepdad is on his way to pick you up.”

FUCK.