Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

49

“Do you want me to call Max? I can have him come pick you up instead,” John whispered when Miss Maggie was out of ear shot.

“No, I’m fine. Anthony’s been rather… tolerable as of late,” I sighed. Why did John suddenly start caring?

“Are you sure? I worry about you.”

I couldn’t resist rolling my eyes. “Seriously, I’m fine. Thanks. You should get back to class because the bell’s about to ring and I know you have a class next period.”

“Alright, but you call me if you need anything, yeah?”

Oh just fuck off already.

I nodded and right before he walked out the door I called, “So Cayleigh, huh? She’s a better fuck?”

The look on his face, god I wish I had a photo.

“No, Regan it’s not- I mean- She’s- I just.”

It was entertaining watching him struggle, and before he had a chance to really answer Anthony came bustling in.

“Regan, babe, you okay?” He said, very sympathetic. Nice Anthony, I was starting to really like him. He was almost becoming a father figure.

I’d never been in his car before. It smelled like a mix of stale beer and cigarettes with a hint of Anthony’s spicy cologne. Something about it was enjoyable.

“So your mom says you’re pregnant?” That was the first thing he said once we got in the car.

“I don’t know if I am or not.”

“Alright, let’s solve that.”

“What?”

And to answer my question he pulled into the parking lot of the drugstore I had previously attempted to buy a pregnancy test from.

“You don’t have to come in, I’ll get it for you.”

What the fuck? He was being so fucking sweet.

He returned a little later with a giant can of Arnold Palmer’s half lemonade half tea concoction, and two pregnancy tests.

“Why two?”

He shrugged. “Sometimes shit fucks up. It’s just to be on the safe side.”

I chugged the drink in the car, and about five minutes after we got home I really had to pee. Fuck.

So this was it. I was going to know for real. Once the stupid stick thing read my pee, I would know my fate.

And it said… Negative. How anticlimactic. Yet very relieving.

Then I remembered what Anthony said about shit fucking up and I ran to the kitchen to chug a gallon of water.

While I was waiting for the piss to brew, I grabbed my laptop and pulled up google. Typing in: Why would a pregnancy test be wrong?

The first suggestion was: Why would a pregnancy test give a false negative? I guess that was more specific then what I asked. The first link that came up gave many possible reasons for why it would read negative when it wasn’t really. Apparently most often it was caused by taking the test too early. You were supposed to wait at least 14 days. I had to think for a minute, but it had definitely been two weeks since John and I did it.

The site also suggested that if the first test was negative, wait and take another a few days later. Well fuck that. I was impatient and had to take a fat ass piss.

Time for test number two.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I made a trailer for this story. I'm rather proud of it. I'm not going to put it up on here yet because it contains spoilers. But if you'd like to see it now, message me and I'll give you the link.