Status: already written just posting

ronnie radke fanfic

4

It was the third day of Warped Tour.

Ronnie walked through the crowds, looking around at the various bands playing the different stages. None of them really grabbed his attention.

Sighing, he came upon yet another stage. The crowd here was huge although no one had even come onstage yet. Curious, Ronnie walked over and waited to see who it was that was playing.

After about five minutes of waiting, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he pulled it out and put it to his ear.

“Ronnie, where are you?” came the familiar voice of Escape The Fate's bass player.

“Hello to you, too, Max,” Ronnie said, moving away from the crowd so he could hear better. He stood a bit away from the crowd and glanced back at the stage. Whoever was playing, they had yet to come onstage.

“We have soundcheck in six minutes, dude,” Max said. “Be there!”

“Okay, okay, I will,” Ronnie said, rolling his eyes. The phone went dead as Max hung up and Ronnie looked at his phone, frowning.

Behind him, the band came onstage and Ronnie thought the screams from the crowd would shatter his eardrums. He started to walk away. He decided to go to soundcheck.

“Hey everyone, what's up?” came a female voice from behind Ronnie “We are Will, Skylar, Parker, Adam ...and I'm Emily!”

Ronnie froze. The voice. The name.

“And we are Broken Colours!”

Ronnie turned slowly to see the blonde haired guy with the lip ring start shredding on guitar before the rest of the band, apart from the singer, joined in. It was undenyable from just hearing that masterpiece of an opening, that this band was different.

Ronnie stared at the girl in the middle of the stage. She was jumping and headbanging in sync with the music. She was Emily.

Ronnie watched as she grabbed the mic and started singing her heart out.

He was struck by the lyrics. “Go ahead, destroy what's left. If there's anything left at all. It can't let me down if I'm already off the cliff and halfway down.”

Emily let go of the mic for a moment while the blonde guy on lead guitar began and ended a quick riff. Emily grabbed the mic again and sang.

Ronnie was stunned. She was amazing, she was an incredible singer, she was beautiful... So far, she seemed perfect.

Emily stepped back from the mic, jumping and headbanging, while the blonde guy on guitar screamed into his mic. Emily stepped forward again and sang the chorus.

After singing another verse and the chorus again, they came to the bridge. The lyrics were screamed by the blonde guy on guitar and the guy Ronnie recognised as Adam, who was playing rhythm guitar. Emily jumped up and down and headbanged. After the bridge, they played the chorus one final time before ending with the same riff they had opened with. The crowd went crazy. The band looked exhausted already, but each band member was smiling.

Ronnie looked at his phone for the time and realised ten minutes had passed since Max called. Ronnie looked back up at the stage, where Emily was walking back up to the mic. The tall dark haired guy on drums hit his drumsticks together a few times before the guitars came in, followed by the bass. Ronnie sighed and started to walk away, heading for soundcheck. He heard Emily start singing and he frowned when her voice and the music began to fade away into the distance.

__________________________________________________________________

We had played an amazing set today. The crowd was great and we were full of energy, as were they. Afterwards, we had hung out with William, Michael and Craig and the other members of The Academy Is... and Chiodos. Today had been great.

But I woke up terrified.

I crawled out of my bunk, quietly, and slipped into the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, putting on an Alexisonfire t-shirt and shorts, blow drying my hair, straightening my hair and applying make-up, I looked at myself in the mirror, instantly regretting it.

I hadn't had nightmares in monthes and thought that would be the end of them. Growing up, I had nightmares frequently and every single time they scared me. I feared the things that went bump in the night and the shadows of the trees across the walls of my room at night.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I could clearly see the little girl who hid under the covers until daylight. I could even see the fear in my eyes.

Scaring myself, I left the bathroom and grabbed a hoodie and my Vans and went to the front lounge where I found my phone, iPod and wallet. I stopped for a second, listening to the reassuring sounds of the guys snoring, Skylar always the loudest, Adam the quietest. I opened the door and went outside, shutting the door quietly behind me.

The sky was a dark navy colour and I checked my phone for the time. It was five o' clock in the morning. The moon shone a light across the big field the buses were now parked in. I was grateful for the small amount of light. The pure darkness would have scared me half to death and I would be breaking down the tourbus' door by now.

For once, it was quite cold. I was glad I had brought the hoodie, but my legs were cold. The light breeze whistled and I wrapped my arms around myself, whispering over and over again that it was just the wind.

When I reached the green, I couldn't help but smile. There were no crowds. There were probably other people around, working at night on Warped Tour, but no one around where I was. I stood and looked around, up at the billions of stars, scattered around the sky.

__________________________________________________________________

Ronnie woke up earlier than usual. Actually, he woke up a lot earlier than usual.

He jumped out of his bunk, grabbed some clothes and changed in the front lounge. Then, when he looked out the window, he realised he had woken up early.

Ronnie looked up at the clock on the wall. It was ten minutes past five o' clock, in the morning. Ronnie grabbed an apple from the bowl of fruit Bryan had put on the table. He sat on the bench and looked out the window across from him, out into the darkness. When he had finished eating his apple, he threw the core back into the bowl and got up. He reached for his packet of cigarettes and then realised it probably wasn't a good idea to smoke in the dark. Instead he just grabbed his phone, wallet, iPod and another hoodie in case it was cold. He went outside, shutting the door behind him.

Walking around in the fresh air outside cleared Ronnie's mind. He thought about Emily, the girl he hadn't known of until three days ago. The girl he had never met, but felt like he's known forever, partly because he had listened to more Broken Colours songs and could relate to a lot of the lyrics. He had found out that she wrote the lyrics. Although he thought it was a good thing that he could relate to her lyrics, he also was worried. Ronnie let his feelings out through his lyrics. If that was the same with Emily, who knew how she was feeling?

Ronnie was also wondering if he was completely wrong. Maybe she was the exact opposite of what he thought she was. Maybe she wasn't what she seemed. Maybe he should just give up.

Ronnie walked slower and closed his eyes. He had to clear his mind. After a moment, he opened his eyes and walked out onto the green. It was still dark, but not as dark as it was a while ago. Ronnie walked slowly around before he saw something.

There was someone standing across the way, head tilted upwards, towards the sky. Her hair fell back over her shoulders. She stood completely still.

Ronnie forgot everything he had been thinking about just a few moments ago and walked towards Emily.
♠ ♠ ♠
rate?
comment?
subscribe?
hope you enjoy......