Status: Active; In Process of Writing

Give Me Love

Six

I awoke in an unfamiliar setting, entangled in a massive amount of blankets. As I rubbed my eyes and pushed the blankets away, I realized I had been in Harry’s bed. I looked over at the clock. 2AM.

Thinking back to last night and making sure I hadn’t drank too much or done anything stupid, nothing crazy had come to mind. I even went the extra mile to pry loose the cover that engulfed my body and peek down them, only to reveal I was fully clothed… in a pair of Harry’s track pants and an oversized t-shirt. As I whipped my head around the room, I couldn’t seem to find him.

I looked over to the futon located in the corner of his room and finally spotted him, his long body crammed into the tiny space granted to him and I instant felt bad. His neck would be sore beyond words when he woke up. I decided to go try and wake him up to put him in his own bed, feeling bad that he would have such bad aches when he woke up.

“Harry,” I whispered, lightly pushing into his bare shoulder. After a few light shoves he awoke and looked at me with sleepy eyes and groaned groggily. Once he saw it was me he shot up and grabbed my shoulders lightly and looked slightly panicked, “What’s wrong, Ef?”

“Harry, relax. Nothing’s wrong, but come back to your bed. This thing is going to give you terrible aches in your neck. I don’t care to sleep in the same bed as you, but I mean if it bothers you I could always sleep on the futon I don’t mind,” I said, taking him by the hand and helping his body, that was thick with sleep, up.

“I don’t mind it, I just didn’t want you to feel uncomfortable,” he said, walking back to the bed with me, taking his place on the left.

Thinking about it, I actually would rather have Harry sleep in the bed, it would be more comforting having Harry lay next to me, I would feel much safer and secure. “Harry, I trust you, I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable you twit,” I answered honestly, laughing at him a bit.

He smiled faintly and chuckled as he laid down. Harry and I had been really close and we’d done things like this before, sharing a bed, him lending me clothes, that kind of stuff. It hadn’t been unnatural but I think he wanted to leave me alone and give me some space due to my previous episode in the car.

I snuggled up to Harry and that’s when he knew it was safe to wrap his arms around me and be there for me how he usually was.

“Effy, what happened to you today? You totally slipped out of it, you had me worried sick,” he said, holding me tight and close.

I sighed and replied, “Just a really bad flashback. I saw something I didn’t want to, something I can’t unsee, you know?” I indicated, not really wanting to have to explain it.

I was never good with dealing with my past and actually talking about it. I remember the first time I told Harry about it as well, I broke down and cried and he had to hold me the whole time I explained. I never bothered telling the other boys, just because it wasn’t a story I could easily tell and I had been the closest with Harry.

Harry sighed and mumbled, “Stupid prick. I wish I could find him now and just-”

“Forget it, Harry. Don’t even get worked up with. It’s over and done with,” I said, just laying there.

“Thank you for putting up with it though. The weird outbursts I get every now and then. And then doing this for me, listening and being there, it really does mean the world to me, you know,” I said, meaning every single word.

I was so grateful for Harry and the rest of the boys as well. Without them I would be lost and so very lonely, that I would have probably made myself even more mad that I was when I first moved to Pennsylvania last summer.

He squeezed me tighter and I felt him gently kiss the top of my head, “There’s no need to thank me, babe. I’ll always be here for you.”

I felt myself slightly dozing into a slumber as I listened to his slight snores, as I drifted into the night’s shadows.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
“She’s still sleeping, don’t disturb her,” I heard a voice quietly mumble, as light seemed to drain over my closed eyelids.

“Harry, it’s nearly 1PM, don’t you think you should wake her? Make sure she’s alright at least?” I heard Liam softly say back, probably trying to not wake me.

“Well, you go on and do it then. You know how much she loves her sleep and I refuse to be the bad guy who interrupts it again,” Harry said, making me grin a bit as to what he had been referring to.

The last time I slept this late the boys had been worried shitless and tried waking me up but due to the lack of sleep I’d had for a couple of days, my body was in such a deep slumber I couldn’t seem to have been awoken. Harry, trying to outdo the bunch that day, had the swell idea of dumping a whole tub of water onto me and I wouldn’t talk to him for a whole day straight. After that day he vowed unless he knew it was an emergency, to never toy with my sleep again.

I felt hands press down onto the bed and someone lean over me. I was going to get Liam good.

“Effy? Ef are you—”

“WAH!” I shouted and turned towards Liam, watching him jump nearly seven feet back and having his bum hit the floor. I started laughing so hard, as well as Harry did.

Liam looked at me sour and replied, “Not even close to funny! I was checking up on you to make sure you were well and weren’t ill or something of that nature.”

Harry and I just continued on laughing and Liam’s expression of shock soon faded and gradually broke out into a grin as he added, “Just wait Ef,” with a finger wag thrown into the mix, “I’ll get you back.”

“Bring it, Payne,” I said, throwing my hands in the air.

Liam could never hurt a fly and I sincerely doubted the fact he would even try to do anything remotely mean or harmful. The worst that boy would probably do to me would probably be to mismatch my socks.

I got up out of the bed and swung past the two boys and strolled to the loo, with the desperate urgency to pee. After I finished with that business, I entered the shower and began scrubbing, clearing away all of the excess dirt that had been on my body that hadn’t come off.

All of a sudden I heard someone rush into the bathroom, throw the seat up and start pissing.

“What the fuck?! Can’t a girl have a proper shower without someone coming to the toilet?” I shrieked, wanting to stick my head out from behind the curtain to have a visual of who it was, but not daring to invade their privacy by possibly seeing their anatomy, if you will.

“Sorry, Ef! For some reason the traffic getting here today was mad and we’ve been stuck for ages and I had to wee so bad, I couldn’t hold it in. I reckon I would have exploded if I hadn’t barged in right now,” Niall exclaimed.

“It’s fine, Niall,” I laughed, now washing my hair with an extra volumizer shampoo.

“Well, anyways, I’ll see you later, Ef. Enjoy your shower!” Niall said as he exited the room.

I silently laughed to myself, scrubbing away and washing all over my head; the warm water droplets washing everything out of my hair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
♠ ♠ ♠
<b>I'm so sorry this is such a short chapter, it's just basically a filler. I just wanted to write and let you know I am all still here AND continuing with this story, as stated. I'm currently working on it and now that my exams and school are over, I'll be writing (and posting) much more often. Please don't hate me for this, I know it's a shitty filler. I'm working on the story more and updates are going to become more frequent because I'm becoming more confident on where I'm going with this story. Thank you for all of the reads and reviews on my other stories as well! xxxxx</b>