Status: Active

Pure

Quidditch Plans

Now that I had my wand, my future education came into discussion. Father had gone to Durmstrang, while Mother had been taught at home by her mother. Hogwarts didn't take students out of the country, much to his dissapointment, and I didn't want to go to Durmstrang, whose reputation for teaching the Dark Arts was notorious. Sighing, Mother smiled.

"Vell, it is settled: you'll continue your lessons vith Phillip," she said happily, and Father nodded, going back to his book. I suddenly realized I had been holding my breath; I exhaled, extremely relieved. The thought of leaving home and my parents unsettled my stomach, though I'd never let on. I wanted them to think I was independant, which I mostly was. I had no problem spending time alone, or venturing around the forest by myself. However, I always liked knowing they were there if I truly needed them.

My lessons were the highlight of my day, and I never wanted them to end. My progression in magic was very excelled, thanks to Phillip's teaching and my parents stepping in every now and then to assist. As Ollivander had predicted, my wand was best at Defensive spells; it took me no time at all to learn the many different spells.

I was especially good at Shield Charms, though that level of magic wouldn't have been shown to me until much later if I had been taught in school; I was actually two years ahead of where I would've been. It wasn't because I was super intelligent or anything, I just didn't have much else to do but do my lessons and study all year. It gave me a definite advantage over the kids who went to school. There wasn't any area of magic I had problems with, unless you counted Herbology, which I didn't.

Though... I sometimes wished I had gone to school. I had no peers to have fun with; I'd never had a single girl to giggle with and I'd certainly never spent any length of time around any boys to develop feelings for. Now that I look back, this should have meant more to me, but there's nothing to do about it now. After two years of my lessons, I gave a subtle hint of this to Mother, who turned her bright brown eyes to me in concern.

"But, Saden- hafen't you heard ov vat iz happening at Hogvarts?" she asked, and I shook my head. "Zee Chamber of Secrets has opened and muggle born students are being attacked. Of course, you vould be safe and zee scum are zee only ones affected, but you are safe here."

I chose to ignore her offensive comment and asked, "The Chamber ov Secrets?"

She nodded and said, "It is said bevore Salazar Slytherin left Hogvarts, he had created a Chamber in vich a monster lurked. Now someone is unleashing it upon the students."

This certainly gave me a chill and I immediately felt a surge of relief that I had remained at home. But, the ordeal ended some months later and I forgot about it in the news that Sirius Black had escaped. I peered over my father's shoulder at the paper, where the man snarled in the black and white print.

"He was a Death Eater?" I asked, looking closely at Father, who snorted, shaking his head.

"Nein. Anyone zat knows voo truly supported zee Dark Lord knows zis," he said thoughtfully, turning the page. "He vas in fighting against zee Dark Lord vith zee Order of zee Phoenix and zee little traitor Pettrigrew framed him and escaped."

"How do you know this?" I asked slowly as I took a seat for breakfast, peering closely at my father, though I was a bit distracted by how well I had spoken with a neutral accent. He seemed to notice too, and gave me an approving smile.

"Lucius told me a long time ago," he answered, dissapearing behind his paper. I frowned sadly at this, staring at the picture of the innocent man. Thirteen years in Azkaban over a crime he'd never commited. How unfair the world was. I was completely lost in this thought when I heard Father say sharply, "Saden Ethelinda von Deitrich!"

"What?" I asked, startled. He was looking at me amused and laid down his paper.

"How vould you like to go to zee Quidditch Vorld Cup next summer?" he asked and my eyes lit up. Quidditch was a great source of entertainment for me, though I wasn't very good at it.

"I would love to!" I exclaimed and he chuckled, nodding slowly and stroking his beard.

"It von't be fery hard to get tickets. The British Minister ov Magic, Vudge, has alvays liked me. I shall inquire about zem tomorrow, prinzessin," he told me, a twinkle in his blue eyes. I smiled at him, and rose to leave; I needed to study for my O.W.L's,which I would be tested for next June. I paused and hugged him, feeling grateful for all the things he'd done for me.

"I love you," I told him and kissed his cheek.

"Ich liebe dich auch, miene tochter*," he replied softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so pleased with how fast I'm writing these chapters. :)
Four subscribers!
*Ich liebe dich auch, mine tochter= I love you too, my daughter