Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

ONE

As I stepped out of the airport, I didn't regret wearing little clothing. Arizona's weather is not for my liking. Maybe the weather is the only reason why I regret running away from home. Or so they call it home. Ever since my mother died, I kinda didn't consider New York my home. Everyone seems to forget so easily. I just can't do that.

The aiport was packed with people. I guess it's understandable, thinking that it's summer, people tend to go home right? Arizona has been my home since I was a kid. My parents used to bring me here every year to visit my cousin Jared, but it's been too long since I've been here. The last time was when I was 7, i think. My eyes searched for my cousin, he promised that he would be here to pick me up. After all, he offered me to stay with him for the rest of my stay.

"Nike!!!" His voice echoed the room, I almost didn't recognize him. He grew a lot since the last time I saw him. A grin escaped my lips as I ran with my baggage in hand to hug him.

"What's up big boy!" I said as he pulled out of our hug to look at me.

"You grew!" he exclaimed hugging me again.

"Of course, the last time you saw me, you were still wearing diapers" I joked. He smirked.

"That's not true! It was when we were seven, I think, right before the ac-"

"SO, where's your car? the flight killed me Jar" I said cutting him off. I don't like to talk about the accident that killed my mom. I'm not ready yet.

The ride from the aiport is not quiet. We spend the 30 minute ride catching up. I learn that Jared was on a break from touring, apparently, there band is going places. I tried that once in high school, I didn't get the hang of it since I'm not a fan of attention. Giving them, or receiving them. I was thankful Jared was there though. After my 18th birthday I called him to announce my permanent return. At first he thought I was joking but he got the hang of it.

After a while, Jared pulled into a building, it looks like a dorm. I don't argue though, since this is all I got till I get a decent job. The brick wall was painted red and the door was the color of mahogany. We entered and went up the flight of stairs, and on the third floor, thank god Jared went left to the second door to the left. He opened it to expose a homey apartment. The living room has a big blue couch with two chairs of the same material on it's sides, a coffee table in the middle and a large TV on it's front. There was a elevated part of the room, just behind the couch that held a big curtains, enveloping us from the Arizona sun. On opposite sides of the elevated area was doors.

"Welcome home!" Jared said walking towards the other door on the other side of the room.

"well, we only got one bathroom, I am sorry, but it's in here. Together with the kitchen" he continued as I inspect quietly.

"and up there, is our rooms, your's is on the right side you should check it out, I'll make lunch"

"Jared, don't make lunch, I- uhm- let's just go out for lunch" I said, avoiding his cooking, I didn't lose communication with this stud and I know how often he burn food when he try to impress his girlfriend. I went to the room to find a bed in the middle of the green painted room. The sheets we're white and the heavy curtains was grey, matching the cabinets. I wasn't ready to crash yet. Although the lack of sleep due to the baby next to me on the flight gives me headache, I was just not ready to ruin the perfect sheets, and perfect room.

"Jared!" I called, as I sat comfortably in the living room. He went out with a grin on his face.

"The room is perfect?? I know, this is the time were you thank me and tell me how awesome I am" he said sitting next to me. I was about to say that. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder.

"So, uncle Stan didn't know you're here?" he asked, flicking the TV

"he wouldn't notice..." I replied simply, it's true, he wont.

"you'll be gone forever Nike, I don't think he'll not notice that"

"trust me, he will not, if he did, he can't do anything about it right?" Im in legal age anyways.

"let's go get lunch. I know this place, the boys and me use to go" he said standing up, I just sat there looking at him. I forgot the fact that he's a growing boy, and he'll get friends. Jared is the friendly one though, and I was the "why isnt she talking, is she mute" kind of girl in the family.

Jared and I went to this place called Uncle Ben diner, it has the retro feeling into it, there was not a lot of people in it too, but enough so I can say that it passed the health inspection or something. After we ordered our food, Jared went to his phone to call some friends of his, I think they're having a band meeting at Jared's - Our place later.

"you'll love the guys, Nike." he said as the waiter gave laid our food in the table.

"We'll see.." I replied

&&

Jared, dropped me off the apartment with my bags so I'll have time to unpacked while he buy booze for later. Personally, I thought band meetings are suppose to be a.....meeting. Something serious, but I wont be sticking my nose where it doesnt belong, so I went to my room, dragging my baggage one by one. I have three by the way. I too, play the guitar so I settled mine next to Jared's on the living room. I hope he doesnt mind. I first made my room looked like mine in New York, put up posters and pictures on my bedside table. One of my mother and I when I was a kid, and another one of my brother before the accident, he passed away with my mom that night, it was me and dad that survived the crash. Some books, I haven't finished yet on the other bedside table, next to the lamp. I left behind my books at home, and my other belongings. I placed my pink alarm clock on the bedside table as my concert memorabilia under my bed, like i always did. After the looked around, I went to the closet and just put the clothes. Shoes goes on the lowest side. After seems like forever, I finished packing, collapsing on my bed. I feel so tired. I wasn't able to even change my clothes into comfortable ones because I still have to meet Jared's friends. And speaking of the devil. Someone knocked on my door and Jared's head popped out of it.

"wow. you pack fast." he said eyeing every corner of my room.

"I try"

"well everybody's out in the living room, le'ts go?" he said, he wasn't planning on not leaving until I went out of bed so I just followed his lead. My long, wavy brown hair was all over so I just put it on a bun. The heat makes my hair frizzy. I need to get a hair cut. As I stepped out of my room, I spotted 9 guys spread on my living room. Normally I would jump and go to the nearest phone and call 911 but I shook of my nerves as Jared, almost dragged me to the group of boys now looking at me, no, I think they were gawking.

"So guys, this is my cousin I was telling you about, she's from New York and I think she'll be here for a long time so why don't you get comfy?" he said the last part for me, I nodded as I gave out a small smile to everyone.

"You didn't say you have some beautiful genes in you JaredBear!" A lanky guy went up to me to shake my hand and introduce himself. He's John.

"Behave John" Jared warned making me smile. I look at my cousin and shrug. This should be fun.

"I'm Pat" A small guy, well, he's my height but he's kinda small in the group so that makes him the small guy.

"Kennedy" a guy at the back said waving.

"Tim" he was the tour manager as he explained.

"Larry" "Ferenchak" "Matt" the crews of the band.

"Hi, Garrett" the last guy said, he was wearing a something corporate shirt that caught my attention.

"You like something corporate?" I asked, holding my mouth like I said something wrong and looked at my slippers.

"yeah.." he said smiling. I looked over at Jared who was looking at me too.

"what?" I looked at him confuse, and he shrug.

"I'll--uhm--call pizza, or chinese what do you guys want?" I asked. The decision has been made even before I was born I think, pizza it is. I went to the kitchen to make the call, and sit on the counter top.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter!!!

The next is coming up real soon. :)

Subscribe and comment?