Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

SEVENTEEN

I am glad that sleep and I have been friends these days, we've been arguing a lot my whole life and it feels good to be sleeping a lot. Of course I am saying these things because my relationship with sleep will soon be bothered by my other relationship, who despite the lack of sex is going strong.

"What's up?" I answered my phone on it's third ring, Vader was on my side poking my hand with her nose.

"Hey babe, the boys are wondering if you're up this sunday..." He trailed off, his background was incredibly quiet.

"I'm going to uhm church..." I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Church? You're going to church?" He asked again, with a tone of disbelief. I cackled in return.

"Yeah, uhm it's the anniversary..." I said, trailing off. The other line went silent again. "Where are you?" I added.

"I'm in the uhm mall's parking lot, I'm going to buy something.... So you can't go on sunday?" He asked again, I nodded as if he can see me.

"Uh yeah, do you want to go with me?" I asked, as I managed to sit up and stretch myself.

"I'll be there." He said, I smiled as I open my door and hang up as soon as he said bye. Went to the kitchen to feed Vader and settled in front of the tv as I read Looking for Alaska. I've been searching the net and a lot of girls are asking the boys to read the book, and thus I was entitled to read it instead and explain the plot to the boys. It's a hard job, babysitting a bunch of touring boys... Basically it's about a girl name Alaska, highschool, and her 'labyrinth'.

I like searching the net by the way, I made a twitter account last week, and sometimes I take the time to check out garrett's mention and just entertain myself with all the funny things the fans will tell him. People started following me too, telling me hi and all. They've all been friendly, who knows right?

"Hey." Jared's voice startled me, I looked up at him and smiled. He just woke up. After the confrontation with Garrett, all of us kind of made friends with sleep. Jared sit next to me and gave me a 'the talk' look. I closed the book and look at him.

"What?" I asked, as if he's waiting for it as a cue he gave out a deep sigh and ruffle his hair like some kind of a cue.

"So...this is the part where we'll have an awkward conversation about sex" he started, I narrowed my eyes and laughed, I can't help myself.

"Stop laughing!" He ordered and I did, hiding smirks and the occasional cackle.

"We can't talk about this if you don't wan to Jar" I said, patting his shoulders, I saw my cousin shook his head

"I think we need to." Jared said, I saw his seriousness when he said it, thus making the topic unavoidable. I smiled at his courage, as I feel my cheeks blush.

"So, are you having sex with Garrett?" He asked, his question was so straightforward that again, I felt the burn in my cheeks. I wish. I wanted say.

"No." I replied, looking anywhere but his eyes. Jared chuckled and moved from his seat.

"You don't have to lie.." He said

"I wasn't. Well- you know that night I uhm cried and Garrett came by and we tal-"

"Yeah, I shouted at him that night, you should have seen how scared he was" he said with humor. I shook my head as I imagine my boyfriend being scared at my cousin. I bet he'll be scared of Percy too.

"Well yeah, we were about to have sex the night of the party and well, before we've done it...he stopped and just left me there thinking that I'd be too drunk. I kinda thought he rejected me, but it turns out that he wants my uhm virginity to be uhm well.......kept" I watched as Jared's eye narrowed and his face went up for a smile.

"Well, he's not a virgin, why would he want to you keep yours? I mean you like each other right?" He asked.

"Well, what I mean to say is that he thought I'm not yet ready for that part. Which, by the way, I think I am." I said, picking up a hem on my shorts.

"Well, I respect him with his decisions, I mean, I'm a guy and uhm this will get awkward but it's just a sacrifice not to get laid, especially for us touring boys, cause you know we see the love of our lives almost 5 months a year and all" he said scratching the back of his head. I chuckled and bit my nails.

"I feel good that you're with him, he's a great guy, I mean he can even wait with the sex part and all" he finished the awkward topic as I saw him smile before jetting off the kitchen. I don't really mind talking about sex with Jared, maybe because my lack of it make it not even a big of a deal. But this was like an opening into a greater understanding. I mean, how I must be important to Garrett for him to wait for me right? Right?

&&

My alarm clock woke me up just in time for me to feed Vader and take a bath before waking Jared up for church. Garrett will pick us up since Jared doesn't really want to bother his parents for our car ride anymore.

"This is one for the books." Jared muttered as I keep on jumping on his bed, asking him to wake up. I stopped and look at him, confuse.

"I mean, you're actually excited to go to church" he said, I cackled and shook my head.

"I'm not really excited for church, I just want you awake. We'll visit Percy and mom after the mass, so get yo ass out there and bathe!" I said going to my own bedroom to wear a black sleeveless dress with a light floral print, it cut just above the knees, I picked my favorite flats and tied my long brown hair in a lose braid as I apply make up, making it light but presentable. I heard Vader barked happily when I finished. I look good, well I will finally introduce Garrett to my brother and mom as my boyfriend so this should mean something right?

I only went out of my room when I heard the knock on my door.

"Good morning lovely." I greeted Garrett as I saw him wearing his skinny pants, polo and his cowboy boots. His face went red as he studied my face.

"Garrett." I snapped when he didn't say anything, he shook his head and cackled as he engulf me in a hug.

"You're pretty..."

"Enough with the lovebird crap let's go" Jared interrupted our moment by tapping our backs before going out of the apartment.

"Well, let's go big guy" I said, lacing my fingers to his and went to his yellow car. Jared called shotgun and I didn't argue. The ride was quiet, no one talked. Maybe we were waiting for some kind of a miracle, a good topic to discuss before going to church.

Soon enough Jared's parents welcomed us on the church's patio. The sermon was about to start and they hurriedly lead us to the front seat.

"The Lord is always with us, maybe on the hardest, lowest of your days and even the highest most happiest. Don't forget that he loves you, and he's the only escape" I heard the pastor said through the microphone. Bunch of people shows their agreement while others like us, remained quiet and listened. The rest of the sermon was full of how we're love by god and that we should be thankful for everything. I managed to wander off when we stood up to sing praise songs.

"Do you want to join us for lunch?" My aunt asked me after the mass, I shook my head as Garrett found my hands.

"We're going to the cemetery..." I said, looking for the pastor to thank him for praying for my family a while ago.

"Oh. OH right, well... Don't be afraid to give me a call if you want to talk alright?" She said hugging me, I hugged back and pulled away when I saw the pastor behind her, talking to an elder woman.

"Gar, uhm I'll just go to the uhm I'll talk to someone for a while" I said as I watched Jared hugged his parents as they went home. Garrett squeezed my hand and nodded before going to Jared's side.

"Pastor...." I almost whispered, the old man gave me the warmest smile of the day and shook my hand.

"You're Nike right? I hope you're having a good day..." He said as he lead me to the church's patio. I sat at the stairs as I nodded, smiling at him.

"I just want to uhm thank you...for praying for my mom and brother..." I said looking at my feet. I heard the old man chuckle as I feel him sit next to me.

"I don't think that's the only reason you're talking to me..." He said, I look at him and give him a light smile. It's true.

"Do you really know my mom?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn as I try to remember my mom. Her blue eyes and the way she hugs me everytime Percy piss the heck out of me.

"Of course, spend sundays here, your mother. She even taught sunday school!" He said, his eyes were light as I saw him remember my mom in her childhood days.

"You act the same too, I see her in you, every smile, every expression, I am sure she'll be proud to see you" he said, patting my knee. I chuckled as I thought about it. I was 7 the last time I saw her, I didn't get to cherish every second with her, I was a kid.

"Percy looks so much like her tho'"

"Your brother?"

"Yes, I look so much like my dad" I said looking at the distance where Garrett's car sits. 2 figures were talking inside it.

"I figured...she's watching you up there Nike, both of them, don't forget that.."

"I don't forget pastor..." I said, looking at him, the old man nodded once and smiled. "Another thing, was my mom a happy person? Did she enjoyed her life?" I added, biting my nails.

"I think so, she was a very happy girl. You don't have to worry about anything." He said, standing up. Good for her, well at least that leaves me with only one regret. Letting Percy die.

"Thanks father- I mean Pastor... Uhm see you around!" I said, standing up as I ran to Garrett's car.

"Do you want to eat first?" Jared asks, I nodded as Garrett started the ignition.

We ate at pizza hut and went to a flower shop near by, I bought yellow and blue roses. I didn't really get to know my mum's favorite flower but I guess yellow is her favorite color.

"Well, hi Perce, hi mom." I said as I touched their tombstones. I smiled at myself as I sit in front of them.

"I got you flowers, I always know you're in the soft side" I joked, as I placed the blue flowers on Percy's side. Jared and Garrett joined me on my place.

"Hey aunt! Hey perce!" I heard Jared said, I like this day. Talking to my family like they answer back. I wish they can answer back.

"Well, I miss you two" I said, chuckling. Garrett found my hands and smiled at me.

"Nike has a boyfriend" I heard Jared mocked me, I rested my head on Garrett's shoulder and playfully punch my cousin

"Actually I do, this is Garrett." I said tapping on Garrett's back. I heard him cleared his throat.

"Uhm Hi, nice meeting you both" he said.
"Don't be scared they don't bite, not unless you break her heart, for that matter I'll bite you too" Jared said, making the both of us laugh.

If ever my mom and Percy is watching us up there then I hope they can see how happy I am right now, how I miss them and how I just wish they'll meet Garrett and tell me how they feel about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
My life is a joke. I am sorry for this chapter but it'll support the next events....

BTW, did you read chapter 15? I hope you didn't skipped it, cause I posted it the same time as the 16th chapter.

Comment and subscribe guys.
Thanks!