Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

TWO

Jared woke me up at 7 am the following day. My head hurts, although I didn't join everyone to drink, the fact that I just don't like mornings explains my side.

"Nikey! Wake up!!!" he announced bouncing on my bed.

"JARED YOU'RE NOT THAT SMALL YOU KNOW STOP BOUNCING!" I said as I swat his hands blindly. He ignored my annoyed voice. I looked up at him and he was still bouncing.

"I am awake stop bouncing, I think I'm gonna be sick" I said in defeat. "what do you want Jared?" I said sitting up, rubbing my temple with my thumb.

"It's sunday." he said, sitting next to me.

"so?"

"we need to go to church." he said standing up.

"you've got to shitting me Jared." I said, standing up. I don't go to church. Any church that is, I kinda lost everything I believe in that night when everyone I love died.

"I'm sorry but mom and dad wanted to see you and well, they've been bugging me to attend church when I'm off tour" he said, apologizing.

"I don't go to church." I said firmly. Planting my butt on my bed.

"you don't have a choice Nike, it's either that or I'll drag you to go out." he said.

I grunted, and went to the bathroom to take a long bath. As I remember from the last time I went to church, my mother dress my brother and I in this cute and uncomfortable clothing, just to show off our clothes. I just don't see the whole point of going to church. I decided to wear the only floral dress I feel comfortable in and sneakers. Jared was waiting on the couch in his long sleeve polo that was tucked on the elbow. My let my hair air dry.

"So when will your parents come?" I asked, putting my feet on the coffee table.

"Why are you wearing those?" he said, looking at my shoes.

"what? are you some kind of a fashion guru now?" I asked as I looked down to see he was wearing leather shoes. "should I change it??" I added, standing up. He nodded and I settled on my flats.

"You do know, I don't go to church..." I told him as I sit. He looked at me, his eyes piercing to my soul.

"I know, you don't enjoy this, but at least don't show mom and dad, they're...you know how they are with religion, I don't enjoy it as much as you do too, trust me but please..." he said, I gave out a deep sigh as I reminisce about my early years here in Arizona, we do spend our Sundays at church, my mother's family is deeply rooted in faith. Well, I just kind of spaced out, through the years I guess. I gave him a nod as the front door swung open.

"Oh honey!" Aunt Carol announced their arrival and gave me hug. "Look at you! All grown up, I just wish Chesby is here to see you, look at you" she added. I flinched when she mentioned my mom's name.
Uncle Phil was in the doorway giving me a wink and a hug. I didn't realize how I miss this guys until now. It's just been too long since my last visit.

"well, come on, Pastor Harris will be glad to see you honey." Aunt Carol said leading me to the family SUV. Jared and I spent the entire ride looking at each other. His parents were asking me about New York and my dad, but Jared helped me find a back up when they ask if my dad's okay with this decision. God, he doesn't even know I'm here.

When we arrived at the chapel, we were welcome by unfamiliar faces, and we were up infront. The Pastor was discussing about how God loves us and made another people for us to be with forever. I almost snorted everytime he say 'god loves us' because clearly he doesn't love me, if ever he did exist.
Jared was nudging my ribs everytime I'm on the verge of standing up to argue with the Pastor. After an hour of hell, Jared's parents lead us to the driveway to meet with the Pastor.

"just smile and nod" Jared whispered and I can almost hear my eyes rolling as the Pastor went up to us.

"Well, well, well, look at what we have here! You're growing up like Chesby dear, oh yeah you have the same eyes" the pastor said, my jaws drop. So he knows my mother, I might not like his sermon, but I would like to here more about my mother.

"hi" i managed to choke out.

"well, this is Pastor Harris, Nike, he was the one who married your parents!" Aunt Carol announced. I cringed. I didn't know. Now, I feel guilty, wanting to argue with him when actually he played a big role in my mom's short life.

"you look exactly like her, except for the hair, I assume you got that from you father"

"uhh yeah" that's all I can say.

"well, I am glad you're back home. Where's your father?" he asked.

"he's still in new york" I replied simply. I am not the one for conversations really.

"well, you should send him my regards, i need to go lovely." he said hugging me. I looked over Jared who was smirking. "Sure-uhm-pastor harris" I replied.

Jared's parents drop as on our apartment after lunch. Which was spend with awkward conversations and some laughs. I went to the couch and drop myself like I was tired.

"that went well, you think?" I asked. He gave me a smile as he went over to his room and went back, and got his guitar and he was about to go out again when I stop him by his shirt.

"where are you going?" I asked, he move so fast. I can barely beat a turtle on a race.

"band practice, I'm late god dammit, can I go now?" he said

"can I go with you?" I asked, he nodded and I excused myself as I change my flats into sneakers and ran downstairs where I saw Jared starting the ignition.

"i thought you're in vacation?" I asked as I fasten my seat belt.

"we can still have band practice in vacations Nike" he said, driving.

"okay, whatever you say"

We arrived in someone's basement. I have no idea who's it is but I am sure it's hella homey. The basement has it's own place for the drums, amplifiers and mic stands. Jared's band members were on their place. As I noticed it was only the 5 of them there. I felt like I was intruding, I sat on the couch as they gave me friendly waves. Now, Jared's band, they call themselves The Maine, isn't half as bad as I could imagine. I mean, they've already been to 2 tours just after highschool. There sound is new, jivey, and I just found myself singing when they covered Pour Some Sugar on Me it's kind of funny. They were on their pick when suddenly, Jared and Kennedy's string snapped. Everyone stopped.

"Shit" Kennedy said looking at Jared.

"Is this some kind of a prank?" John said through the mic. I chuckled. Garrett gave me an apologetic look and I shrug it off.

"How come it snapped on the same fucking time?" Jared said, going up the stairs to find some strings, but ended up finding only one. Apparently, the strings have been altered, a prank and they were guessing it was Tim's idea. John sat next to me.

"I'm so tired" he said, i looked at him with disbelief.

"why? you dont do anything, you just.....sing" i said, looking at pat, so frail, and yet not complaining, Garrett who was jumping around, looking over at Kennedy who was shaking his head while taking off the strings.

"it takes a lot of energy to sing for your information" he replied, voice teasing. I rolled a smile and gave him a smirk as Jared came down with more strings

"Here you go. God, I am so pissed" He said throwing the strings and sitting next to me.

"I'll do it." I announced. They all looked at me.

"you'll do what?" Garrett asked me.

"I'll change the strings, or at least Jared's" I said, getting my cousin's guitar and meddled with it.
In the entire 5 minutes I work on it everyone was looking at me. When I was tuning it, they were still looking at me. Personally I would find it offensive but when I looked at their faces they're actually shocked. So I just let out a smirk as I hand Jared his guitar.

"I didn't know you can do that" he said.

"Your faith in me is very.....heart warming cousin" I said as I take my old place, on the couch.

"well, let's finish this shit and get some drinks" John said standing up.

After the practice, everyone was packed in the white van they use to tour.

"Usually, if I'm in a white van with 5 boys, I'll be calling out for help" I announced as I climbed up next to my cousin and Pat.

"We're not bad people" Pat said looking at me like I killed his cat.

"I was kidding..." I trailed off, Pat shrug and gave me a hug. What's with this town and hugging?

The van stopped in a bar's parking lot. It's like the usual bar you see, only it's in the middle of nowhere, and it's made out of wood, yes, just like the bars in horror movies.

"Uhm guys, I'm 18, still not allowed to get drinks" I said, Jared snorted, I know he's a year older but I know the legal age to drink is 21.

"Don't worry, we'll get someone to buy us drinks" He said, and I nodded as I went to the bar. Again, it's the perfect place to hunt someone. Great, I am the best prospect. With this dress, and 5 drunkyards in tow, I'm the greatest prospect to be hunt by a serial killer. We settled in a booth, Jared let me sit next to Garrett and him.

"Nobody died here right?" I whispered to Garrett. His eyes widen and chuckled.

"Nobody that I know" he answered. Great. I am sure someone died here.

"Don't worry, we wont let some serial killer kill you" He said smiling. Now it's my turn to chuckle.

"you have to promise that, this place looks like something from a horror movie" I replied taking a beer that John hand me. Garrett gave me a nod as we talked about Something Corporate. While everyone was around the club, either talking to other guys, or like John, flirting in the corner. I can see that if that blonde girl he's flirting with is a monster she'll go Jennifer's Body on him.

"So, why are you here in Arizona?" Garrett asked.

"New York is handful for me" I replied, taking a swig off my beer.

"I can see, so, you're skipping college?" He asked.

"Actually am. I am not sure on what to do.... you?" I asked, as I know we're on the same age.

"Same. We'll be focusing more on touring. Y'know with the band and all" he replied. I was kind of jealous that he already know what to do with his life. I have zero idea on what will happen to me.

"Well, good for you. I am glad to see him happy" I said, pointing at my cousin. Garrett nodded in agreement as we finished our 10th bottle.

I stood up to go to the bathroom, not minding that it should be the last one to go in a place like this, and pee. The bathroom stool I chose was the cleanest, but it's full of vandalism, numbers, names, curses. I can stay there and be entertained. I added my own handwriting on the door and said "You're all gonna die anyways" just below the couple hand writing who was calling each other cunt and whore. My balance wasn't helping my ability to walk straight. I went to our booth, Garrett out of sight and just inspect my surrounding. Everyone seems to know everybody. Laughing, hugging each other. I pictured New York and the bar my friends and I used to go to. It was like this. Only less scarier of course. I miss them too.

"Hi, nice dress" A voice said, as it's speaker went to sit next to me. "I'm Nate" he added shaking my hand. I just gave him a smile not wanting to talk since, he's a stranger and there's nothing to talk about.
"You're new here?" he asked. I nodded and took a sip on my beer.I'm having a mental argument on whether I should talk to him or ignore him the whole night.

"I'm Nike" I said, looking at him. His hazel eyes, were looking at me.

"like the sporting brand?" he asked. I get that a lot.

"no, like-uhm-the goddess Nike, you know... mythology.." I replied, words careful not to scare my company.

"that's interesting" he said. "so are you new here?" he asked again, not really interested in mythology.

"Yeah, staying with my cousin actually" I said, now looking for Jared.

"who's your cousin?" he asked

"Jared... Jared Monaco.." I said, voice almost a whisper, I don't even know if I should be talking to this guy, for all I know this might be the bar's serial killer.

"OH! You're Jared's cousin? You're here with that band?" He asked, voice shocked. I was too tipsy to even give him the 'yeah what do you want now' look.

"Well, I didn't know Jared have a hot cousin like you" He said nudging my shoulders. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, he forgot to tell me too" i replied, not sure on what I am saying. I just want to go home and sleep.
"Hey, can you just call Jared for me?" I said, giving up looking for him. The guy on my side went to find my cousin though, and I'm thankful he didn't push on talking to me. I dozed off in a moment I heard Jared said "what's up"
♠ ♠ ♠
2 chapters in one day!

do subscribe and comment. :)

I'm now working on the next one.