Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

TWENTYSIX

I sat next to Garrett and Dave on the van, as we travel to go to Baltimore, it'll be a 2 and a half drive. After the conversation on the kitchen, Garrett's been really nice to me. Extra nice that is. And when Dave knocked on the door to pick us up he even carried my bags.

"Okay what do you want?" I asked, as the car started moving on the new york streets. I can feel Dave's stare as I talk to Garrett, he gave me a confusing look.

"What do I want what?" He replied.

"Why are you being extra nice?" I asked, elbowing him. Garrett chuckled, his skin give mine flame everytime we touch each other.

"So I can't be nice now?" He said raising his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"I know you want something, just spit it out." I said, fixing my eyes on the road.

Being normal with Garrett is just too tough, we've been through too much and normal isn't just a word for us I think. And maybe that's the reason I just can't stay mad at him too. He's a great person he loves me, and I love him.

"So how's your sleep?" Dave asked me, talking to me personally after he picked us up. I yawned and chuckled.

"Come to think of it, I didn't have any..." I said yawning, resting my body weight on Garrett's.

"Did you drink your meds tho'? You should have called me so I gave you a low dosage sleeping pill..." He said, voice concerned.

"Stop being such a doctor Dave, I'm okay. Just another sleepless night. A lot of shit to think about ykno..." I said, talking about sleep makes me sleepy.

"I'm just worried, whatever you're thinking about you should tell someone so you can you know...sleep properly." He said.

"David, so man is it okay that we're gonna stay on your parent's house?" Jared saved me from the conversation as I rested my head on Garrett's shoulder, my heartbeat racing faster than the road runner. Garrett's hands was wrapped around my body before I even close my eyes.

--GARRET'S POV--

So it pissed me off when Nike said we'll stay at David's house. Nike's the last person who will know if someone likes her, and why does he have to be so perfect, makes him a competition. Nike and I are getting along so well now and I am just so happy about it. Come to think of it, I am happy for everything right now. Except for the fact that David and his fancy ass keeps on glaring at me as I cuddle Nike's body closer to mine as we travel.

"I know babe, you should come visit Nike too, I'll be home soon I promise." I heard Jared said, he's probably talking to Lacy. the last time they saw each other was Nike's dad's funeral. Last time I saw Vader too, I miss her. She always reminds me of Nike, she's stubborn, food loving, sleep lacking kid.

"Say hi to Vader for me Jar" I said as I rest my head on Nike's.

"So Garrett, you and Nike been friends for a long time eh?" David fancy ass asked, yes I call him fancy ass from now on.

"Yeah, best buds." I replied, keeping my eyes on Nike's hands.

"She didn't mention..." He said, my heart sank.

"We were in no-speaking terms for the last 2 and a half months..." I replied defensively.

"Yeah, figures." He replied, okay so he's a good guy. I would probably hire him to be my child's doctor. He's just too perfect. It's almost degrading.

"David-"

"Dave, please call me Dave, only my mom calls me David..." He corrected.

"Okay, Dave, well, do you like Nike?" I asked, very bold. John, who's sitting behind me kicked my chair. David fancy ass on the other hand, gave me a stern look before looking at Nike. His eyes were like seeing a puppy, making him less manly. Okay this man is inlove with my girl, someone stop me.

"What's not to like?" He said, looking away. I might buy some pink hair dye and dye his hair in his sleep, just so I can booze my self confidence.

"Introducing her to the parents then?" I asked, feeling the lump on my throat. Again, I felt someone kicked my seat.

"They've been really thrilled to meet her since day one" he answered very casual. Jared and John is starting a conversation about cigarettes behind us, making the situation less awkward.

"They'll love her." That's what I said to end our conversation. Resting my head on Nike's drifting off to dreamland.

--NIKE'S POV--

I woke up when I heard people arguing. The vehicle had stop moving and my neck feels so stiff. I opened my eyes, and tried to listen to the conversation.

"I'll just carry her." Dave said.

"No, I'll do it." Jared said.

"No bro, I'll do it." Garrett said.

"I think I can do that easily" Dave said.

"I've done it a thousand of times David, let me just-"

"Stop it. I'm awake. See, I'm alive. Not paralyzed. I can walk. Stop arguing." I told them, rolling my eyes. Yawning as I stretch my body. Jared chuckled and he squat infront of me. He knows that my whole body feels stiff.

"Lacy must be missing you." I said as he carried me through the parking lot. We stopped at a mall to have lunch.

"I won't go back, not until I have you with me young lady." Jared said.

"Jared, I can't just leave everything behind. Who's gonna take care of everything my dad left?" I whispered, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"We'll figure something out." He said as he drop me on my feet as we enter the small mall.

"Jar-"

"We'll figure something out Nike." Jared repeated, every word is stern and his eyes were hard, I nodded as I followed the rest of them to taco bell.

Going back to Arizona, now that Garrett and I are okay is not impossible. But my father left so many things for me. The business, the house, bank accounts.. I just can't leave them here, and I just can't sell this house easily. It won't be easy. I watch everyone eat as I fidget with my food, giving everything a fair thinking.

"don't you like the food?" Dave asked after a while, I gave him a smile as I munch on my taco.

"I love taco bell." I told him.

"Who wouldn't?!" Kennedy ask everyone.

"Hey, Nike, do you want to accompany me? I need to buy something very important..." John said, finishing his food. He nodded once and I kind of know he's not going to buy anything at all. He just want to talk.

"Sure" I said, excusing myself as I followed my lanky friend.

"I know you're not gonna buy anything." I said chuckling as he put his gangly arms on my shoulders.

"Been a long time since I talked to you seriously..." He said, leading me to the department store.

"This is the right time because?"

"Because the guy will introduce you to his parents, he's inlove with you." He said, casually. My eyes narrowed and I stop moving.

"Woah there cowboy, who's inlove with who? Dave and I are friends." I said with all seriousness.

"The guy likes you very much! Jeez, garrett's been nervous everyday, because you might like the guy back." He said as we went to the men's area.

"That's impossible, I still love Garrett." I said, forgetting that I shouldn't have said that. John laughed and messed with my hair.

"I think you're leading the doctor somewhere else Nike, I think he thinks there is something going on." He said picking up a white shirt that I wrinkled my face on.

"How can you say that?!" I said in disbelief. "I'm not giving anyone false hope!" I added.

"Well that's what you think." He said picking up another shirt that earned my approval.

"So what do you want me to do? I can't hurt the guy he's one of my closest friend! Besides I won't come back to Arizona and I need a friend here in NYC" I said, as we walk to the counter. John chuckled as if I just said a joke.

"You can't stay here, your home is Arizona." He said, as if telling me a fun fact.

"I have a business to run, a house to take care of, and paperworks to do. I'm going to be really busy." I told him, giving up.

"You can just sell everything and live in Arizona..."

"I can't sell our house, there's too much memory-"

"Make new ones...in Arizona, where you're happy." John cut me off as he payed for the shirt he got.

"You bought something!" I said diverting the topic. John chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"There's too much going on today Nike, better not give the doctor the impression that I'm a competition too." He said winking. I chuckled before I answered.

"There is no competition."

Actually that's a good idea, selling everything and starting new in Arizona, or I can manage the business from AZ...he wiggled his eyebrows at me as we made our way back to Taco Bell, undecided on whether he asked me to talk to him so that I'll tell Dave that there's nothing going on betwween us, or telling me to get back with Garrett, John can be confusing, but everything he do, he do for a purpose.

&&

As expected, Dave's family is extravagant. Their house is 3 story high, with twice the width of my house in new york.

"We're here!" He said enthusiastically as Garrett opened the door on his side, I saw his jaw dropped too.

"Dude, you have an awesome place!" Kennedy told Dave.

"The third floor is all yours guys. And you Nike, you can sleep on the guest room on the second floor." Dave said as we start walking on his big lawn.

"Can't you stay in our floor?" Garrett whispered in my ear as soon as Dave opened the door. I shrug and wish that I could. The boys went up to their room as Dave dragged me to the kitchen, the inside of their home is much more beautiful than it seem outside, everything is white, except for the couches and accessories. They also have a piano on the living room, a big fireplace and a huge couch.

"Wow, you're rich." I blurted out, as we made our way through his house. He shook his head and chuckled.

"My parents are." He said

"That's what they all say." I murmured, too low for him to hear.

"My parents are in the backyard, I am really excited for you to meet them." He said, you know, maybe john is right, maybe he thinks we're together-together
I just can't have that. We're good as friends.

My thoughts were cut when I saw two people sitting on the bench, a lady with brown eyes and blonde hair, with her perfect teeth and perfect body, her age not even apparent on her appearance, same goes with the man. They both give us smiles before hugging their child. Wow, even Dave's parents came out of a magazine. Why are they perfect.

"Oh I've missed you so much!!!" His mom said, then her attention was diverted to me.

"and you must be Nike! I've heard tons of things about you!!" She said hugging me tight.

"Thanks, I hope they're good things" I joked.

"Of course! You're so pretty!!" She said hugging me again, wow is she trying to kill me with kindness?

"Well, Nike, these are my parents. Mom, dad, this is Nike." Dave introduce us formally. His dad, a very quiet man, he reminds me of Dave actually, gave me a warm smile before shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Goldman." I said, trying to look nice and sweet. Which, by the way, is not easy.

"Please, call us Susan and Frank. We don't like to feel so old." Susan said, giggling.

"I'll keep that in mind Susan." I said, and she giggled again.

The afternoon went fast, spending it with Dave's family. The boys actually went out to meet with their friends from here and I wish I was with them, not that I think that Dave's parents are boring. They're just so....perfect. So perfect that I want to puke.

When dinner passed by and we were all gathered on the dining room. Susan Goldman still isn't stopping herself from talking. Dave giving me apologetic looks whenever he can, and I give him assuring smiles.

"So are you still in the university Nike?" Frank Goldman asked me, and my heart skipped a beat. I looked at Dave and he mirrored my 'what-to-say' impression.

"I actually, postponed college to have...real experience with the world." I replied. I saw the couple exchange looks before continuing the conversation.

"So what did you do the last 2 years?" His mother asked me. "I thought you're in a university" she added laughing nervously.

Bum around. That's what I want to tell her. Dave's parents been very welcoming and perfect and I just can't believe I'm finding ways to despise them and vice versa.

"I stayed with my cousin in Arizona for the last 2 years."

"Oh! That cousin of yours, he's staying here too right? What does he do again?" She said enthusiastically.

"He tour. He's a musician." I said, eating my spam. I'm not even a fan of spam. I saw Frank's face wrinkled and look at his son.

"A musician? Do they earn anything from it? Where did they graduate college?" Frank asked.

"They didn't" I answered shortly. Frank gave me a disagreeing look. The fuck is wrong with this family and education.

"So you live with 5 unemployed boys? And you're unemployed too?" Susan asked, her usual enthusiastic voice went down, like she's disappointed.

"No, I was living with my cousin for the last two years and I think I'll stay in New York now.." I said, my voice have a pint of annoyance and I know Dave can hear it.

"Mom, Nike can play the piano..." He said, as if he's trying to bring up my dignity.

"That's good, but just a curious question. Do you smoke?" She asked me with a disgusted voice.

"No I don't." I said, clearly annoyed. The afternoon went well when they're not asking personal questions. Everything went well when we're talking them. Why do we have to talk about me.

"I'm sorry, I think I may have catch a flu, I don't really feel well, please excuse me." I said, leaving the family alone and went up to the third floor and rampage the 6 rooms to look for Garrett's before I lay down on the empty bed and put a pillow on my face before saying every curse word I know. Dave's Ivy league parents can suck my non-employed ass. Like a cue, Dave went inside the room that I'm staying and sat on the corner of the bed.

"You don't really like my parents..." He said chuckling.

"They don't like me too....and my cousin....and apparently my friends." I told him honestly. He gave me an apologetic look before laying down next to me. Our body not touching each other.

"I'm sorry, I thought you'll like each other. It's a mistake, my parents are too arrogant, they think education is everything, they think money is everything." He said, as if scolding at 9 year olds.

"Don't be sorry, that is who they are. I am to no good too and you're a very successful doctor , but we're friends for who we are not for our paychecks. Which by the way, non-existing in my case." I told him, trying to tell him that I don't care if his parents are ivy league, just as long they don't step on my dignity. Which they already did so..

"You know what I like most about you?"

"Okay let's hear it." I said, closing my eyes and to wait him talk.

"You're not like any other beautiful girl out there. You're just different." He said chuckling. I chuckled too.

"So I guess we need to stay in a hotel now?" I asked him, giving him a smirk.

"You guys can still stay, the house is too big, my parents and everyone won't even bump into each other...this is Garrett's room?" He asked me after a pause, I gave him a confusing look before I nodded.

"How did you know?" I asked

Dave didn't answer, he just pointed a finger on the bed side table with a picture of a couple kissing and a dog in between them. The picture we took when everything is still fine. A lump was beginning to form on my chest.

"You two were a couple?" He asked, 'were' hurts me the most.

"I don't think there's any past tense involve when it comes to Garrett and I" I chocked out, waiting for his reply. Maybe John is right, maybe Dave really likes me more than he should and I'm a bad person for leading him on.

"Figures..." He said chuckling. I look at him with narrowed eyes. "As much as I hate to admit it, you're better off with him than me. He understands you better than I do...you two share more things than we do..." He chuckled again. "It hurts me dearly but I can't do anything about it...I just have to deal with it and move on." He added again, leaving my jaws drop.

"You're smart, handsome, kind, caring, sweet, and any girl will be extra lucky to have you in their life Dave. I am sorry for hurting you, but I think you're right." I replied hugging him.

"Let's stay friends okay?" He said through my hair. I chuckled before saying no. I feel his body stiffen and it made me laugh.

"We can't just stay friends Dave, we can be bestfriends." I said looking at him. He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Garrett is so lucky"

"Yeah?"

"Of course, so you're going back to Arizona?" He said, knowing what will my answer be.

"Yes, but not anytime soon." I replied wanting to call my dad's lawyer and accountant to do the hard work for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for still reading and I apologize for the late updates.

I'm in college and my tips for you highschoolers is to sleep early because sleep is not for the weak. It's for college students who needs a break :(((

Okay enjoy this one! We'll come to a near end. The next story I'll write will be much more interesting I promise y'all!!