Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

TWENTY SEVEN

I drifted to sleep on Garrett's bed while Dave and I were still talking and my dream was about Garrett and I being back to the good times. When we were together to be exact.

"I love you." I heard him whisper, if only I didn't hear Kenny's voice on the background I would have thought it's just a dream.

I opened my eyes and without a doubt I saw Garrett, his blue eyes staring at my face and I just can't help but to smile.

"We just got home. I'm sorry, I'm stinky." He said as his usual comfy scent was replaced with cigarette+beer stink. Kennedy went inside the room to sit beside me on the bed.

"Me too." He said hugging me, he stinks and I had to wrestle my way out of his hug while laughing.

"I can't believe I'm friends with you!!!" I said while laughing, getting the nearest towel I can to both of them asking them to bathe even before showing their faces again, which they did.

"I smell happy vibes!" Jared announced his arrival in the room where I was currently staying.

"I smell drunk." I replied, Jared snorted and smelled his clothes.

"I smell a hobo." He said wrinkling his nose, which made me laugh.

"How was your night?" I asked the obvious while I lay in the bed.

"Awesome! hey, so how was your day? How was his parents?" He asked.

"Ivy league. I wouldn't stay here if it weren't for Dave. His parents hates me. Well, they love me at first but they started asking me about education and well..." I didn't continue, I looked at my cousin who is full of sweat.

"Well, we love you as you are. Education is for the non-badass people!" He said loudly. I snorted and rolled my eyes. He always know how to make me feel better.
"Besides, if Dave really loves you he won't listen to his parents right?" He said, sounding serious.

"Curious question, do we look like we're uhm dating? I mean Dave and I?" I asked, as I munch in my lower lip. Jared gave me a confuse look before giving me his signature 'gotcha look'

"Well, we kind of thought you're using him to make Garrett jealous!" He said while he shakes his head. I want to throw a pillow at him, why would I do that? Dave is a perfect human being and I can't hurt him like that.

"Well, fyi I'm not. And we're just friends. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to sleep." I said closing my eyes while I hear my cousin cackle.

"In Garrett's room?"

"Fine." I said, walking pass him to get to the room assigned to me. The one next to Dave's bedroom.

"Good night to you too!" I heard Jared called after me. Wow, so they all think I'm using Dave to make Garrett jealous? Well, except John because he talked to me about not leading Dave somewhere else right? And I did made everything clear, I told the doctor that "we" can't happen because I'm inlove with Garrett.

I don't even know what's bothering me right now, is it the fact that I am once again hurting people, or the fact that I end up looking like an arrogant selfish bitch who does nothing else that doesn't benefit her. I just feel that there is something not right. I fished my phone and dialed Lacy's number, it's been a while since I talked to someone logical of the same sex. Not that I'm saying that my cousins aren't 'logical', they just thinks that I should fag Dave because he's perfect.

"Yeahlow?" Her familiar voice answered.

"Lacy!!"

"Nike?" She said, as I hear Vader barked on the backround.

"Oh my god I missed you, I miss Vader too! how are you? I'm so sorry if I'm keeping Jared away from you for so long!" I said not pausing, Lacy laughed at what I said before answering, I imagined her sitting on her couch while petting Vader. "Tell me how big and pretty my baby is?" I added, imagining the pup Garrett gave me.

"First off, I miss you too and I think Vader miss you more she's big enough, and I'm okay, and I understand that you need Jar with you." She said.

"You've always been so nice Lace, thank you, from the bottom of my hypothalamus." I joked, hearing the term this afternoon from Susan.

"Hypowhat? Are you still hanging out with that doctor? I heard Garrett and you are okay? So who are you with then? I'm confuse!" I can see that it's her turn to ask some questions and I gulped a large amount of air before answering.

"Garrett and I are almost back to normal Lace, and yes I'm still hanging out with Dave, as you may know we're at his parent's house, who- by the way, hates me and everyone I know, which makes me hate them more. Dave is a nice guy but I can't be with him Lacy, I'm inlove with Ga-"

"Breath." She cut me from my outburst and we both laugh.

"So let's make this clear. That Dave guy is not a front act to make Garrett jealous?" She asked, I rolled my eyes and gave out a frustrated cry.

"No, how can you guys say that? Dave and I happens to be good friends, can't I have guy friends besides the ones we know?" That was not a question, I was making a point.

"Of course you can, but Nike, you're not ugly, and you have this tendency of not knowing if someone's hitting on you, so we kind of thought you're using that to make revenge or something."

"To be honest, I don't have any thoughts about revenge anymore Lace, after my dad died I just forgave everyone that have done something to me..." I said laying down on the bed closing my eyes.

"That's good to know. Do you have anything more to say?" She asked, as if waiting for me to ask the right question.

"Am I selfish?" She laughed.

"No! You're the last person who I'll associate with that word! How can you say that?"

"I ran away from home to escape, I kept Jared away from you in his vacation, I kept the boys away from their fans, I kept the boys away from their home, and just count how many times I said 'I'." I said, frowning at myself as I stare at the blank ceiling.

"Hey, you left before because you thought you've been neglected. And you kept your silence for 2 and a half months Nike, you kept all the fear, sadness and pain all to yourself for a long time, and just asking for help when you can't do it anymore. You're one of the strongest person I know, and you're definitely not selfish. Maybe you just like fishing for compliments, but definitely not selfish" she said, joking on the last part.

"The last part is not true, just so you know." I said chuckling.

"Oh, I know alright. Hey, I need to go. Big day for the bakery tomorrow. Love you!" She said hanging up. I stare at the blue room, thinking about what lacy said as I drifted to sleep. We need to get out of this house tomorrow evening or something.

&&

"I'm sorry to wake you up sweety, but mom wants you for breakfast." I heard Dave said. My eyes fluttered and I look at him, his perfect features lightened up the room. I rolled on my side not facing him and closed my eyes again.

"I thought they hate me?" I asked as I wrinkled my nose as I try to sleep.

"Uhm well, she wants you though..." That's all that he can say? "Everyone is downstairs though..." He added, that's when my eyes fluttered wide. But they hate my friends.

"Why?" I'm facing him now.

"For breakfast, dad invited them and mom wants you downstairs so..."

"But I thought your parents hates us?" I asked him, he gave me a warm smile before pulling me out of the bed.

"Thoughts are not facts." He said opening the bathroom door.

"But usually thoughts are to be proven, which is what will happen later I tell you." I said as I went to the bathroom to change my clothes, brush my teeth and make myself presentable. I wore a nice top, tights, and a cropped denim vest.

"You look nice." Dave said as he opened the bedroom door for the both of us. Well, that's for your mom to judge David.

We arrived in a quiet dining area with all of my friends, they were all wearing their usual shirts, except for John, Garrett and Kennedy wearing a leather jacket that hides their tattoos. I smiled at my friends before greeting everybody in general a good morning. Susan invited me to sit next to Dave and I can feel everybody's stare as I accepted her invitation, well, what do you want me to say? I'm at her house.

"How was your sleep dear?" She asked, not looking at me.

"It was fantastic, thank you for asking." I replied. She just smiled at her food and continued eating.

" I found a sick piano in the living room, is that yours Dave?" John said, trying to make light conversations. I heard my seat mate cackle before answering.

"Actually it's my dad's but he never plays." He joked, his dad smiled too.

"But I like hearing someone play, you boys are musician right? Do any of you know any classics?" His dad said, I look at John, who can play the piano but I doubt that he can pull off a Debussy.

"Actually sir, Nike can play classics really well." Jared said, wow nice move, throwing me at the sharks. Garrett snickered next to him and I guess that he knows what I'm thinking. Dave's dad looked at me unexpectedly and I gave him a warm smile.

"Can you play for us after breakfast?" He asked me, his eyes glowing, this man has it's thing for the piano.

"Of course." I said eating the rest of my breakfast while trying to remember the notes of the song I will play. Everyone was quiet, basically because we were trying to prove this two oldies that we can be "well-bred" too even if we didn't go to college. (John is an exception, that mofo is old)

The rest of the day went surprisingly well, the boys went to meet up with their friends again while I was stuck with Dave's dad. He really enjoys my company now that he knows that I play the piano, and he seem to care less about my education status. I am sitting on the large living room with Dave as we wait for my friends to come back because we'll leave to go back to New York tonight.

"I hope you enjoyed today." He said, breaking the silence.

"I actually did. Thank you for having us." I replied giving him a warm smile.

"You're really pretty." He said, and I was caught off guard, I felt my cheeks burn and he laughed. "Garrett is really lucky." He added, and I felt my burning cheeks went hotter.

"Uhm thanks?" I said munching off my lower lip.

"If you don't stop doing that it'll bleed Nike." He said, spanking my thigh.

"Fine doctor. By the way, speaking of you being a doctor, I hope you don't have a dying patient at the moment..." I said, diverting the topic. Dave chuckled.

"I don't. I'm actually thinking of resigning and going on the road." He said jokingly, making a point that I might like him better. I rolled my eyes and fished out my ipod from my pocket and handed it to him.

"There you go rockstar. You can start rehearsing at your over-priced bathroom." I said, Dave chuckled and put my ipod in his pockets.

"I will." He said, still chuckling. I hugged him, and I know I caught him off guard.

"Thank you for being a good friend." I said, hugging him tighter.

"Thank you for being you Nike." He said, while we pull out of the hug as we heard my friends enter the house.

&&

It was already 3 am when we arrived at my house and everybody was still alive and has no plan to sleep, so I take this opportunity to gather everyone on the living room and talk.

"I miss this..." Pat said out of nowhere and no one answered him. Everybody was just smiling.

"You guys are my best friends and I'm going to make a vital decision in my life and I want to hear whats your say to it." I said after a deep breath. Everyone is listening, my cousin giving me a reassuring smile.

"As you may know, my dad left me this house, a business and bank accounts to manage..." I look around and everyone is just listening to me.

"And I just got the whole point of you guys staying longer than you should... But, going away and selling everything is not an easy decision." This time, my cousin's face wrinkled up and I can sense that he was confuse.

"So, I won't sell my father's busine-"

"You'll stay here?" Garrett said, cutting me off.

"No you can't. I'm going to stay here then." My cousin said after Garrett asked me.

"That's just unfair!" Pat said.

"We can visit you, but it'll be too hard..." Kennedy said, I was looking at John now and he was looking back at me.

"Continue..." He just said and I can't help to smile.

"I won't sell my father's business, but unfortunately, as much as I hate it, I need to sell this house, and move everything on AZ-" my sentence was cut off when a body hugged me, and his familiar scent made my whole world dizzy.

"So you're coming back with us?" He asked, as he pull away from my body. I shook my head, and his face fell.

"Not yet. I still need to finish paperworks for the house, the business and transfer everything to my account. Now, what do you guys think?" I said and they were all looking at me with happy faces. Except for Garrett.

"I'm happy that you'll be back home, I'll even help you find the best house for you." Jared said, all smiles.

"That's awesome! You're dad is in the literature business right?" Pat asked, I nodded and Kennedy continued his sentence.

"you can branch out on Tempe! We can help you look for a nice spot and all!" He said and comments started to raise up.

"You made the right decision kid." John said, as he transfer his seat next to mine so that we can talk.

"Why is he still sad?" I asked him, resting my head on my hands.

"No idea, he's nuts." John said as he take my hand and pull me into the excited conversation between the rest of us. Garrett spending the rest of the morning in the tree house.

"So when are you guys leaving for Tempe?" I asked them the afternoon after our conversation. I guessed that since I already told them that I'm coming back then I won't have to stay longer, not that I'm complaining, but I feel like I'm taking them away from their other loved ones.

"Wednesday." John answered. That's three days from now. I nodded and asked them where Garrett is and they told me he's still at the tree house, it's almost November and the New York air is chilly. I went to the backyard, with a blanket on hand.

"Oh Rapunzel, bring down your hair!" I shouted jokingly. Garrett's head popped out of the tiny window and he gave me a smile.

"Can I go up?" I asked, biting my lower lip. Garrett nodded and I wasted no time, I went up the tree as fast as I can and sat infront of Garrett.

"What's up?" I ask him as I throw the blanket to his lap.

"Nothing is up." He replied.

"Liar. I told you that I'll stay in Arizona, why are you still sad?" I said, wrapping my arms around my knees.

"We'll be going on a 3 month tour in Europe on January." He said, his eyes distant.

"Oh." That's all I can say.

"I was kind of hoping that I could spend this year's last months with you, to bring back ou-"

"Gar, I promise I'll spend Christmas and my New Year with you guys" I cutted him off, afraid of what will I feel with his words.

"I'll stay here."

"no." I replied sternly. He gave me a painful look and chuckled.

"Why? So you can hang out with Dave more often? Be sweet and cuddly at Central Park before you can go back to Arizona? Do I still even matter or are you just gonna play the single card on me every single time I try to bring us back together?" And he bursts. His face was so red and his eyes were sad and hurt.

"First of all, I am single. Second, how many times do I have to tell you that Dave and I are just friends?! Third, I already told you that I still love you Garrett, if you don't remember, it's in the same spot as you are staying right now. I don't want you to stay longer because you have a family back in Tempe Gar, they're waiting for you and they miss you too." I said calmly, Garrett's face went to red, to pink, and back to normal.

"Do we still have a chance?" He asked. My heart sink.

"I only have one heart, whether you break it into million of pieces or burn it, kick it with that spiky cowboy boots of yours, keep in mind that it's just yours." I said, fighting the tears to fall.

" That's deep." He replied as he hugged me. "Can I kiss you now?" He asked and I cackled. He pulled out of the hug to look at me and ask me what's funny when I lunged into him, okay, I know it's unlady like but do you have any idea how long I wanted to do that? I missed him so much, he kissed back of course and his familiar scent, his body carved into mine was all I wanted. Tears started flowing as we kiss and he eventually stopped.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked, keeping me close to his body.

"I missed you so much Gar, and next time don't ask." I said hugging him, making our body lay down on the thin mattress on the tree house.

"One question though." He said through my hair as we cuddled each other on the mattress. "Shoot" I replied.

"So are you still single?" He asked and I just cackled. 'No' I answered to myself. And I didn't answer him and just rested my head on his chest, listening to his face heartbeat, racing against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been what? 2 weeks? I'm sorry. Been busy with college.
28 coming right up!