Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

almost

The cold air of New York brushed through my face when I opened my front door to meet Dave.

"Hey" He said with that perfect smile of his. "Are you ready?" he added.

"Ugh, let the shopping begins." I replied. Closing the door behind me. I have never been a fan of shopping. But I am going back to Arizona in two days for the holidays. Jared have found a nice place for me to stay, and I have found a buyer for our house.

To be really honest, finding a buyer for the house is easy as pie, we're in New York, the house is full of character, what more can you ask for right? Times Square is jam packed by last minute shoppers like myself, and I already regret this decision.

"I told you, you should have done this last week." Dave said, giving me a smirk.

"Oh shut up David, you know I'm a busy woman now" I joked, of course I was busy ever since my boys left me for Arizona. Dad have left tons of jobs, and tons of books to be read. I was transferring a business, and I was opening a store. I am a busy woman.

"Oh yeah, I always forgot about the busy part" he said, by then, both our phone ring, and we just can't help ourselves to laugh.

"Hello?" We both answered our phone.

"Hey babe" Garrett's voice was on the other line, and by then all sounds was blocked out from my brain.

"hey hotshot, how's it going?" I asked so naturally.

"christmas shopping, how about you?" he asked, we sound so teenagerish, it made my whole existence happy.

"same, or atleast I am trying to get to the mall. How's everyone?"

"They are all okay, we can't wait to see you again, why can't christmas come faster?!" he said, frustration in his voice. Little he knows that I'm going back in two days.

"I knoooooow, hey Gar, miracle just happened."

"You've made it through the traffic jam?" he guessed, like he's stating the obvious.

"genius."

"I'll call you later babe."

"love you."

"likewise." and he's gone.

Dave opened his car door for me and led me to the mall's front door.

"Who called you?" I asked, just to break the ice.

"Tina, she's asking me to buy her a pet." he said, with utter disgust. After I left his house, Dave told me that his parents set up a blind date for him, and Tina was the girl. He tells me everytime that she always get in his nerves, and I always ask him why is he still with her but he never answers. I have a huge feeling he likes her......face.

"Oh please, dont sound so disgusted. Just give the girl a puppy." I said, leading Dave to the men's area. "but you're not here for a puppy." I added. He gave me a warm smile and nodded.

"shopping extraordinare, at your service." he said, doing a silly salute.

For the whole day, Dave helped me pick out gifts for my boys, shirts, books, CDs, shoes, I feel like Santa's protege.

"I still have one thing to buy" I told him, just when they announce that the mall will close soon. I dragged Dave to where the watches are and ask him to pick what he think is the best. And he did, everything about it sounds DAVID, and I told the girl I'd get it, and while she's in it include the one next to it.

***

"I am so glad everything is on wrapper already" I said when we have finished unpacking Dave's trunk.

"that was exhausting." that's all he can say.

"so"

"so."

"I heard you wont be able to see me go." I joked, he gave me an apologetic smile and nodded.

"I'm so sorry" he said

"dont be, it's not like we're not gonna see each other again."

"you're right."

"but this is the last time for a long time"

"I know" he said, handing me a small box

"what's this?" I asked him, he chuckled and told me it's christmas. It's my christmas gift. I laughed, tears almost falling.

"You're my bestfriend, you know that right?" I told him, hugging him tightly. Handing him the watch that he picked at the mall.

"Merry Christmas David" I said, while we both open our gifts.

Dave, let out a laugh when I saw him open the box. I look down at my own treat and took a large breath, it's a beautiful bracelet. Beautiful small gems studded it, and it's the most beautiful thing ever.

"I hope you liked it" he said, I look up at him, tears now beginning to fall.

"I so hate you for making me cry all the time." I replied, trying to wipe my tears. Dave laughed and pulled me into a hug. "this is the most beautiful thing ever."

"I know, just like you." He said kissing my forehead, "but I can't have you so I'll just give you me, the most beautiful creature on earth" he joked to make me laugh.

"Well, I do hope you liked my gift."

"Of course silly, I picked it myself." He said, opening my door for me. "SO"

"SO."

"This is good bye?"

"You wish, it's more like a brb" I said, hugging him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
well. hi. im back from the dead. I have found a decent wifi signal from hell. i hope you liked it