Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

THREE

It's been a week since I went with Jared's friends to the scary bar. And hey, I am still alive. I bet the bar's serial killer found a more...willing prospect to kill. Jared's been outside everyday with his friends. I have never been outside since last week. The A-Z weather is giving me a lot of sweat, it's not really that pleasant. But I guess I'm still getting use to it. I was just about to watch zombieland when the phone rang. I answered it on the second ring.

"Nike?" Garrett's voice said on the other line.

"Uhm what's up, isn't Jared with you guys?" I replied,

"Well, that's the thing, he's kind of in the hospital Nike"

"is this some kind of a prank? It's not funny Garrett" I replied. It is not funny. First, thinking that my cousin is in the hospital makes me sick. Second, I don't like hospital, I have never had my check up in 10 years now, and that makes me sick-er.

"I wish Nike, uhm can you just go here?" he asked, voice cracking. I dont know what happen he wont tell me. I asked for the hospital's address and went to my bedroom to change into my pants and a random shirt. And went downstairs to get a cab to the hospital. The last time I was here in Arizona, I lost 2 people I love, I can't believe that Jared is in the hospital, I hope he's not in some serious condition too, am I some sort of a curse or something? When we arrived at the hospital, I ran to the counter to ask where's Jared and they led me to the waiting room where I saw Garrett, a girl was curled up to his side, John, Pat and Larry's hand has a bandage.

"Can someone tell me what the fuck happened??" I asked, my voice cracked, as my hands were shaking, my nerves wasn't helping me. Hospitals are the worst place on earth. I hate it. John went up to me, his bruised head stood out and gave me a hug as he lead me to the others who was sitting closely together. We were just staring at each other, Garrett was comforting the girl beside him, besides that, no one is moving.

"Can someone please talk, hospitals aren't my favorite place so someone should at least fucking talk" I burst out, almost standing, Pat's hands were on my my shoulder as he breather heavily, almost crying.

"We crash the car..." John's voice, although comforting didn't change the fact that it's a car crash, the same one we encounter 11 years ago, when my mom and brother died. My knees were wobbling, and I was thankful I wasn't standing, I looked over Pat, Larry, Garrett, John and the girl and noticed the scratches and bruises. My hands automatically covered my face as I fight the tears. I think I'm gonna be sick.

"Jared was driving and we were all drunk and another car went up to his si-"

"okay I can't hear this" I said cutting him off, everything that happened to me 11 years ago came flashing back. The truck that went straight to right side of the car, killing half of my family. Almost killing me. I stood up and look at John. "Just tell me he's okay, please" I managed to choke out as John looked back at me.

"I think he hit his head, and knocked unconscious, but I think he's gonna be okay, he's a strong guy y'kno" he said, reassuring, I want to believe him. But my head is spinning, the walls in the hall is moving and I ran to the nearest bathroom to barf my guts out. No one dared to follow me, and I like that, taking my time to think. To reassure myself that it's not a truck that hit them, that it's not as serious as what happened to my family a decade ago. I want to reassure myself that Jared will be back on our apartment tomorrow and everything will be alright. To tell myself that nothing bad happened to him, I look at myself in the mirror. My green eyes that resembled my mother's, my olive skin that resembled my father's and my hair, my everything seems like I am a patient in this hospital. I look like a mess. I look pale.

I went back to the waiting area where they were still sitting, I took my old place in between Pat and John. Larry was dozed off in the other side.

"Where's Kennedy?" I asked, my voice low, almost a whisper.

"We're waiting for him as well sweetie" John said, his voice sad.

"Have you called Aunt Carol and Aunt Phil?" I asked, looking at my feet.

"We were expecting you'll do it actually...." Pat said, I look at him with disbelief. It's like feeding an innocent child into the lions.

"I- I'm sorry, I-I-can't do it" I said, my eyes didn't look at my feet. I hope they know where I'm coming from. I just wish they do so they won't ask me favors that well I can't do.

"Come on, it wouldn't be so bad" John push on. I shook my head and he sigh "Go on" he said putting his phone on my lap

"It's better to hear it from a family member Nike, stop being a pussy we all had it for today okay?" Garrett said said firmly, running out of patience. I lost it then, I looked at him with my coldest eyes possible.

"I can't Garrett." I said, gripping the edge of my seat. I saw him roll his eyes and shook his head, I just want to hit him.

"It's either you or us, Nike, and I don't think it'll be pleasant if we tell her, so it's either call her or let's not tell her." He replied, voice was high, as the girl beside her flinch.

"Garrett I just can't alright?!" I said, standing up and walked out of the waiting area, John following me.

"Hey, we can do it later instead alright? Stay here..." he said holding my wrist. I look at him, his green eyes sincere, I nodded as we sat on our old places. We were there for almost 2 hours now. And that was when a doctor went to us. My hands tensed found its way on my jeans pocket.

"Mr. Brock's family? friends? relatives?" the guy with the lab gown asked, everyone stood up but me, I can hear him from where I was.

"He's stabled now, just a concussion on the head and some broken ribs, no internal bleeding and all, he's alright" the doctor said tapping Larry's back.

"How about Jared?" The girl asked, I don't know her. But that's when I stood up, looking at the doctor's face this time.

"I'll be back for his test results. Hang on tight." the doctor said, I will have a heart failure in this place. I went back to my place, resting my head on my hands.

"Hey it's gonna be okay" Pat said hugging me.

"it should be" i replied under my hands. As the doctor promised he went back to Jared's result. I was standing now, chewing on my lips.

"Well, Mr. Monaco, is now stabled, like Mr. Brock, he have broken ribs, the left side of his body is bruised, good thing it's just bruised though. No sign of internal bleeding, he also had stitches on his head, but other than that he's okay" He said. I gave out a deep sigh.

"Well can we see them now?" I asked this time, my voice low and almost a whisper.

"Of course. Visiting hours will end in an hour though bette-"

I didn't let him finish, I walked over Jared's room, where he's lying, he was sleeping. Wires on his body. I sat on the nearest chair and looked at him.

"Jared...." I called out his name but he didn't respond. I chuckled to myself, letting the tears fall.

"You asshole, you know I don't like hospitals, not even for check-ups and now you're here because of a car accident, you know better than driving drunk Jared. I know you do, as if you don't remember what happened a decade ago. I just....I hate you okay for making me worried and anxious and--"

"hey stop it" Jared's voice, weak and scratchy said, I looked up at him and he was smiling at me.

"I don't hate you by the way" I said, wiping my tears.

"I'm sorry, but can you call my parents?"

"You know I can't Jared, this is the first time I even went to a hospital for almost 10 years" I replied. He chuckled and nodded. He understands me, he was pained to see my brother go as much as I do. And he saw what it done to me. How it was a big impact to my life.

"I'm sorry" he said, reaching for my hand to squeeze it.

"Jared!!!!" our family moment was cut off by the girl at Garrett's arms a while ago. I watch her cry and run across the room to kiss Jared straight to the lips, I was shocked, I thought she was Garrett's girl. I looked over at the door way where the other guys were looking at them, I stood up and went outside to sit. Pat sat next to me.

"How's Kennedy?" I asked, Pat gave me a smile.

"He's okay. Jared?"

"He seems fine. But I think I just can't call Aunt Carol, Pat"

"why? you can tell me..." Pat said, looking at me..

"My mom and my brother died in a car accident Pat, it almost killed me as well. I just.. I can't call someone and tell them that their son is in here for the same reason my.... I just can't do it Pat, it's like everything is flashing across my mind, I just cant I am sorry okay?" I said, rubbing my forehead.

"I'll just do it" He said, standing up, understanding my side and dialing Aunt Carol's number. I need to get out of here before they arrived, before the questions, before everything else.

&&

My alarm clocked woke me up by 7 am, it's sunday, I was actually expecting Jared to wake me up but he's not here. I went to check my phone to check my voice calls and texts messages. I got a couple from Aunt Carol and John.

FRM: JOHN (6:30 am)
Wanna grab some drinks later?

FRM: AUNT CAROL (7:00 am)
Honey, we'll be in the hospital if you need something.

First of all, I can't believe John's asking me to drink after what just happened yesterday. I checked my voicemail and put it on loudspeaker as I went out of bed to get some clothes before I bathe.

" Hey Nike, this is John, we were just wondering if we-I mean me, Garrett, Tim and Pat- could hang out today, I mean if that's okay with you, we'll be at the hospital and just tell us if you're up for it. Uhm see you"

I shrug the message off as I grab a shirt that I cut the sleeves off and some dark pants and went to have a bath. After seems a long hour, I rode a cab to the hospital and went straight to Jared's wing. I called it Jared's wing basically because he's there. I found Garrett outside Jared's room, I am still pissed at him by calling me a pussy. I don't deserve it okay, he doesn't know me.

"hey" he said as I approached, I just looked at him as he offered me a sit.

"I am sorry about last night, Pat told me everything...." he added, his face went pink.

"So... that girl last night was Jared's girl eh?" that's all I can ask since I don't know what else to say.

"Yeah- uhm- well, we'll be hanging out later at John's....to watch some movies and you know, just forget about things for a while..." he said, I stood up, and nodded. Asking myself for some change, I would say no, and I just can't forget that my cousin just had an accident, but I've been saying those words more than I know these years about my family and I just want some break from all the stress.
I twisted the knob on Jared's room and found Aunt Carol on his side, she hugged me and let me sit on her place. "I'll just go get some coffee, do you want some Nike?" she asked as I nodded my head.

"Can I go over John's today?" I asked him. Jared, chuckled. "What?" I asked.

"You don't need my permission, I was actually hoping you'll join them, you know, the apartment must be so quiet without me" he said.

"It is....so, when are you gonna get out of this shit?" I replied, trying to be casual.

"I don't really know, but thank you for coming, I know it's hard for you, with all- with everything that happened to you and hospitals" he said, trying to be nice.

"You're like my brother Jar, I just can't let my fear stop me from taking care of you" I said, as I stood up and touch his hair, the same color as my mom's. Or as his mom, but their sisters, so you get my point.

"And let's talk about girls." I said as I sit, Jared chuckled, and despite the bruises on his face he managed to blush. "You're blushing!!!!!" I announced as Aunt Carol went back to give me my coffee.

"What's her name?" I asked, his eyes went to me and his mom, signalling me to stop talking, and so I did. Maybe I'll just ask his friends later. We spent the day on the hospital, talking and playing some games just so we can forget we're here. That day, I visited Kennedy as well and found out he was bummed that his skin got ruined, I think it's funny that he was worried about his skin rather than his life in general. Pat was keeping him company the whole time. At around 8 am, John asked us to leave so we can watch movies. We rode his white van and went to his house. John's house is just like in the movies, Victorian style, white and blue paint. He led us to the living room as he get the beers, popcorn, and other chips.
I took my place at the floor leaning on the couch. Garrett sat with me after a while with a smile.

"Fellow couch hater" he said pointing at the couch at our back. I shrug as I planted my butt on the carpet. "You know, I don't like couches as well" Pat said, sitting on my other side.
"Pat, sit on the couch" Garrett said, as Pat gave him a look and sat on the couch, I gave him a tap as I look at Garrett.

"Why won't you sit on the couch?" I asked him.

"I don't, you're actually on my normal place but its cool" he replied as John handed me a bottle of beer. And when he played a Nightmare on Elms Street movie. No one actually watched the movie, everyone was talking. Garrett on the other hand was looking at me.

"Garrett." I said, as I caught him looking at me. I gave him my "what do you want" look.

"Uhm...hi" he said and looked away, he's weird.

"Do you want to talk or..." I asked, as he looked at me again, and stood up. I followed him on the kitchen and sat on the counter top. My dad is so annoyed everytime I sit in one of ours back in New York, and hence the bad habit.

"I don't want you to get creeped out or something but I just want to know.... you know, curiosity kills, if you don't mind talking about.....you" he said, sitting on the counter top with next to me. His blue eyes, piercing my soul with questions. I went to the other side of the kitchen and got the Jack's I have been eyeing the moment I stepped in. I took it, and got 2 glass on the cabinets, and sat on the counter top with Garrett again.

"After we drink" I said, words, flow fluently from my mouth if alcohol is involved, I have no idea what's gotten to me but I think I'll talked to this boy about my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, as you may know this is my first story....
How are you liking this chapter? I really hope you like it.

Any comments? Suggestions? Theories?

COMMENT GUYS!