Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

FOUR

I knew better than not finishing the bottle of whiskey before talking to Garrett.

"Can we talk now?" He said as he put away the empty bottle when I nodded and sat with me again.

"What do you want to know hot shot?" I replied trying to be funny.

"Let's start with the basics, name, age, birthday, pet peeve"

"Well we both know what my name is, my last name is Baton, don't make fun of me, I know my name sucks. I just turn 18 a week before I moved here and one of my biggest pet peeve is when people jump into the conclusion that I was name after the sporting brand" I finished my speech.

"Nike Baton? Well, you're not right? I mean you're named after that goddess in mythology right?" He asked, me I looked at him and gave him the nicest smile I can and nod.

"At last, someone who got it right. And oh my middle name is Chesby, that is also my mom's name" I said with proud honor.

"That's great, your name doesn't suck. So how often do you visit Arizona before you moved here?" He asked.

"Oh my parents used to bring me and my brother every summer here in Arizona."

"Used to? When did you stop?"

"You know, after the accident. I was 7 back then" I replied, the alcohol in my system helped me say everything a lot easier.

"But only your mom died right? Why did your father stop bringing you here?"

"My brother died too, and my father kinda spaced out, you know and just work everyday, I think he thought I'm dead too." I replied, shaking my head.

"I doubt that, you're not that forgettable Nike, I bet he's just busy with work that's all" he said, trying to make me feel better. I knew what's real though.

"Either way, he forgot about everything that happened. Block everything from his mind. We even stopped playing the piano because he always leave me with the babysitter. He stopped talking to me when I stepped in middle school" I said, thinking about my father makes the lump in throat heavier.

"I am sorry" that's just what he said and he wrap an arm around me. I always feel comfortable whenever someone hugs me.

"I bet you and your brother are close." He said, changing the topic about my father.

"Oh yeah, but he is much closer with Jared, you know they had a year without me, talking about boy stuffs" I replied, I imagine what my brother would look like if he's alive. We have the same eye color, we both inherit my father's pale skin but he has mom's hair as well, just like Jared's. I wondered if he'll wear it the same as Jared. If we'll like the same music or will he hate me for listening to country music.

"I bet." That's all he can say as I dozed off in his shoulders. For a second I wondered how we looked like, sitting on the kitchen floor drunk, talking, and cuddling.

&&

I woke up in unfamiliar room with a massive headache. My defense was to stand up and run but I managed to take in everything that happened. The last thing I remember was dozing off in John's kitchen with Garrett.

"Rise and shine sweet pea" John's voice said as he opened the door on the bedroom I was in.

"What time is it?" I asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"9 am. We made you breakfast" he said.

"Can I uhm go home and- cause I need to visit Jared" I replied standing up now, my headache is still a bitch.

"We'll go there too. Have some breakfast first okay?" John said leaving me alone as I nod. I manage to go to the bathroom to look at my reflection. My hair was a mess and my eyes were puffy, I didn't know I cried, or at least I didn't remember I hong hair in a bun and wash my face before going down the kitchen.

"Good morning" I said, as I enter the kitchen everyone looked at me with a smile, and Garrett offered me a sit next to him. "Hi" I managed to greet him.

"Did you slept well?" He ask

"Yeah, uhm thanks" I replied as John hand me a plate full of pancakes and bacon.

"Garrett, uhm well I was just wondering since my eyes are puffy and- I was just wondering if I cried last night" I whispered before eating my first pancakes. Garrett gave me a weak smile and a nod.

"I didn't remember" I said in a normal tone, as I finish my meal. It was a great breakfast, better than Jared's cooking. I would have commended it, if only I wasn't thinking too much of what must have happened last night.

"Do you want to go home first?" Garrett asked as we put our plates in the sink.

"Yeah but I think they'll stay here for a while"

"I got my car this morning, I could drop you off and get you to the hospital if you want" he offered. This would be a great time to talk to him as well.

"Sure"

Garrett lead me to the driveway and opened the yellow car. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? Will you ride or..." He asked, I continued walking as I reached the passenger seat.

"I like your car" I said, I do, but they color yellow is very uncommon for a guy like Garrett.

"Thank you." He replied casually as he started the ignition.

"Garrett, why did I cry last night?" I ask breaking the silence. The Arizona air passes through the open window.

"I don't really know Nike, I was about to ask you over breakfast, you were just crying and saying Percy all over again"

"Percy...." I figured out why I was crying

"Who is he? A guy you left?" He asked, voice teasing as he gave me a smirk.

"He left me" I managed to choke out, as I glare at the beautiful houses we're passing by.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, voice serious now. I looked at him, his blue eyes were looking at me and on the road.

"I already did Garrett, Percy's my brother" I said, my voice sad. I hate it, I hate what I am right now. I am Nike, I was the girl who doesn't let anyone inside her wall, and then here comes Garrett.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was him. Teasing you was inappropriate." He said, looking nervous.

"It's okay, you didn't know..." I replied, looking at the window, chewing on my lower lip. As soon as we arrived in our apartment, I went straight to the bathroom for a bath, I was thinking of getting some picture frames from Jared's room and put it on his temporary room in the hospital. I was so excited to see him, with no particular reason. He reminds me of my brother, minus the skin and eye color, I bet they'll still be best friends if only he's alive. I ran across the living room where Garrett was sitting with a towel around me, put on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a light cropped shirt. Letting my hair air dry, I went to Jared's room and smile at the first picture I saw, it's the two of us when he came to visit me last year in New York. I got that one, and the picture my mother took before we left Arizona. That's just before the accident, I thought it'll be cute, seeing mini us, and Percy is there too. I also got a picture of him with his friends.

Garrett was looking at the picture frames that I held as he drive to the hospital.

"Eyes on the road Garrett" I said teasing.

"Well can I see those now?" He said as he parked in the hospital's parking lot. I rolled my eyes and hand it to them. He was staring at the picture with Percy on it. "You're cute" he said as he hand it all too me. I gave him a smirk and went out.

"JarBear!!!" I announced my arrival, his girl, the one that kissed her was sitting on the nearest chair.
"Oh hi- uhm- I'll just wait outside" I said, feeling heat up in my face.

"Why did you come out?" Garrett asked, I sit next to him.

"His girl...uhm what's her name again?" I asked, I've been dying to know.

"Lacy, they met a week ago. I think they're perfect for each other" he said, a wide grin on his face.

"So you're cupid now?" I asked rolling my eyes. "How can you tell they're perfect for each other if they met a week ago? That's like guessing if it'll rain next year" I said, Garrett gave me a chuckle.

"Oh trust me I know" he said, hiding a smirk on his face. After an hour Lacy called me that I can go in now. I gave her a smile as I did.

"I'm sorry for-"

"Cockblocking me?" He finished the sentence, as we both laugh.

"How was last night?" He asked, asking me to sit on the nearest chair.

"It was uhm fun, Jared, Garrett and I finished a whole bottle of whiskey." I said, he frowned at me.

"Why would you drink that much?" He asked, completely disappointed

"Well, Garrett kinda asked me to tell him about myself, and you know how bad I am with conversations without alcohol" I replied, Jared's frown was washed away as he gave me a smirk.

"You like him don't you?" He asked

"Like who?"

"Come on! You told him about your parents?" He asked, excitement on his face, as I felt my face burn.

"Yeah and Percy..." I trailed off. "But that doesn't mean I automatically like the guy, I mean he's nice and all but we just uhm met" I added. Jared snorted and chuckled.

"You even barely tell your room mate about your parents, let alone Percy." He said making a point. But that doesn't really mean I like him.

"I brought you something" I changed the topic as I opened the my bag to get the picture frames from the apartment and showed it to him.

"Wow, thank you Nike." He said as he looked at it from the bed side table.

"I miss Percy..." I trailed off toying with his hair, "you have the same hair" I added, Jared looked at me with sad eyes.

"I know, me too Nike. Trust me, there's no day that I wasn't thinking about him. He's my best friend. We even made a pact that we'll protect you from everyone except ourselves so we can bully you everytime" he said, I laughed at the memory.

"I remember that one, you do know that you're like a brother to us right?" I told him, touching his cheek.

"I do, and remember that I'm always one of your big brother alright?" He said, I can't help it anymore, the tears escaped my eyes. I appreciate that Jared didn't forget about Percy like my father did.

"Now, stop crying and go get me my girl back" he said wiping a tear on my cheek.

"You really like her eh?" I asked, still standing at his side, and he nodded.
"I got your back" I whispered in his ear as I kissed his forehead and went out to call Lacy.

"Thank you for making him happy" I told her when she passed by me and I kissed her cheek. She nodded and went in to the room. I sat next to Garrett, and he was looking at me like Jared punched me.

"Did you cry again?" He asked. I looked at him and smile. Whatever it is with this boy that made me like him (in a non-sexual manner of course) even though he keeps on sticking his nose (and nose ring) on the wrong places I won't complain because, for once, after a decade, everything is going back to normal for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! It's 2:30 am from where I am but I'm still trying to write the next chapter! How are you liking or not liking the story??

BTW THE NEXT CHAPTER WOULD BE 2 YEARS AFTER THE JARED'S ACCIDENT SO STAY TUNED.

The first four chapters is like the getting to know stage of the readers and characters.

Subscribe and comment!!!!!!!