Status: YAY! i wrote 15 chapters on one year!!! XD and that was 22 thousand words!(it said on my computer like 22,7somthing) I'm so proud of myself!

TLOZ, Rebirth

Bonds Like Fire

Duiren was taken to another part of the castle, an area he hadn't seen while he was exploring. The guard who was carrying him dumped him in one of the few cells, and after locking it, walked away. Duiren was left alone, farther from everyone else now, and he began to cry. He couldn't help his mother, he wasn't as brave as his father. He felt useless. He wanted to be a brave knight like his father, but if he couldn't even get past the guards or fool the Evil Lord's son, how would he be able to be a knight? He just sat in his cell, crying.

Zelda slouched against the wall, tears streaming down her face. Granadhim paced the room, furious.

"Your son," he said, "brave lad. Trying to save his mother, how sweet." Granadhim scoffed and walked over to the nearest bookcase. Raising his fist, he slammed it into the bookcase and it fell down from the force.

'My son is a brave lad. He's got the spirit of his father.' Zelda thought. She continued to watch Granadhim ramble on and trash the drawing room. 'May the Goddess of Courage watch over him, for he will need it!'

Granadhim flung himself into his chair in front of the hearth and fumed. Zelda listened to him rant till the doors opened and a Gerudo entered the room. She made her way straight to Granadhim and knelt at his feet. "My love, what is troubling you?"

Zelda jumped. His…LOVE! 'THAT'S who he has as a partner! A Gerudo!'

Granadhim quirked a smile and looked side-long at Naboru. "Link's son just tried to be a hero. My guards have been looking for him for days! He showed up just a little bit ago and got caught." Granadhim turned his head back to look at Zelda and frowned. "He has part of both blessings. If he had known his powers, he could've done some great damage."

Naboru's face flashed with fright. "That much…I'm glad he's back where he should be."

Zelda glared at Naboru. 'How DARE she say that about my son! Just wait till I can get my hands on her! She'll be sorry!'

Naboru grinned slyly at her. "How long will you need to get your things ready for that experiment of yours?" she asked, turning her attention back to Granadhim.

"Oh, no more than a week I believe," said Granadhim. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason," said Naboru, who glanced back at Zelda again and a mischievous shadow passed over her face.

Granadhim shrugged and stood, heading to the doors and exiting. "I'll be in the dining hall if you need me," he called to her.

Naboru stood there till he and the guards were gone. Once no one was around she came to stand in front of Zelda. "How cute! Your son is a powerful child, Highness, but what if something were to happen, say…I drain the powers from him now. If I take his powers, and then Granadhim and I try again, the possibility of actually having a child might increase. And just as my husband said, our child will be the ruler, the most powerful. Your time in history if fading dear Princess. A new era is to begin, starting with our child."

Zelda listened to her as she rambled on. She couldn't find words to throw at the woman. Her thoughts were in a mess and she was still struck from seeing her son taken away. Naboru watched Zelda's expressions. "What's wrong? Don't like my idea? I would guess you wouldn't, but who cares. The time will come and pass and you won't be able to do a thing; neither will that meddling hero of yours."

Naboru smiled and exited the drawing room. Zelda slumped against the wall and cried. She was useless. All she could do was watch and see the horrid things going on. 'Link, I pray your journey is going better than what I am dealing with.'

Link jumped across the pit just as a geyser of lava came shooting up from the pit behind him. "How many more of these things are there in here?" Link again dodged a geyser. "I've been running from these for the past hour at least!"

He had already explored the rest of the mountain. He hoped he was getting closer to wherever the boss was, because he couldn't take too much more of the heat. "The map said I have at least two more rooms, and they're off this one, but it seems I might get incinerated before I ever finish!" He looked around for the next door and groaned; it was about fifty feet from where he stood. Taking his bow from his quiver, he knocked an arrow and shot it at the pedestal about halfway to the entrance. The gem that sat on top started glowing a bright purple and the platform he stood on began to move. 'Better than running from the lava,' he thought. It took him the entire way. Once he was back on solid ground, Link entered then next room. It was pitch black. Link grabbed the lamp that hung from his belt and lit it. He was grateful he had picked it up before he left, otherwise he would have been dead several chambers ago. He had almost run into a Moblin attack, a Re-dead attack, and a Chu attack because of being in a room like this. This room held another surprise for him. In the middle of the room stood a Darknut. It stood waiting for him. Link unsheathed the Master Sword and raised it. The Darknut did the same. The battle began. Letting out a war cry, Link ran at the enemy and slashed at its sword arm; the Darknut raised its shield and blocked. The Darknut came at Link and the next thing Link knew he was as sore as could be. Link stumbled back against the wall and let out a few deep breaths, watching the Darknut stroll towards him. 'How did it do that?! I didn't even see it get near me. What's this one got up its sleeve?' Pushing himself back up into a standing position, Link ran at the Darknut. Again it dodged and Link wasn't able to see the attack. The Darknut sliced his sword across Link's side and cut a good sized gash in his torso. Link cried out in pain, and wrapped his arm around himself. He saw red dots float across his field of vision, but Link straightened himself up and turned around to face the Darknut again. He watched the Darknut's movements, trying to spot any weak signs. As he made his fifth check over his opponent, he noticed a gap in the side of the Darknut's armor. 'If I can only get to it in time.' Link charged the Darknut. The Darknut raised its sword and about caught Link, but Link was faster this time. He drove his sword through the opening and cut off the enemy's chest plates. 'Alright! Now for the next area.' Again he searched for an opening. He found his next spot at the gauntlet and thy connection. The Darknut charged and Link rolled out of the way, his side screaming in pain, and cut one of the leg protectors off. He kept at it, finding all the weak points till all that was standing before him was a black knight. Raising its sword, the Darknut sliced the air; the rock-like scabbard that it had been fighting with went soaring through the air and Link ducked just in time.

"It's time to finish this!" Link shouted at the Darknut.

They both raised their swords and charged. They both hit, but Link wasn't so lucky. The Master Sword had hardly put a scratch on the Darknut; Link was given another gash, this time on his thy. Link let out a silent cry and froze for a moment. His whole body began to tremble. 'If this doesn't end soon, I'm done for!' Link could hear the Darknut coming up behind him. He continued to stand there, waiting. As the last of the enemy's footsteps came near, Link leapt off the ground and into a backflip with the little bit of energy he had left. As the Darknut's neck came into view Link swung out his sword. He lodged it in its back. The Darknut froze, then slowly started to turn to dust. Link landed in a crouch for only a few seconds before he collapsed. His body cried out in pain. There was blood covering his entire chest and legs from his wounds. 'Must…get…the potion.' Link winced and stuck his hand into his adventure pack at his belt. He pulled out a bottle filled with red liquid. Popping the top off, he drank every drop that was in it. Slowly his body stopped shaking and the gashes slowly began to knit back together. He managed to get himself onto his hands and knees so he crawled over to the wall and leaned against it till more of his strength returned. Once the feel of nausea passed he carefully stood up. Link walked out of room and made his way through the rest of the dungeons. Within a half hour he was standing outside of the boss' room.

"Here's the end of this place," Link mumbled to himself. "Goddess of Courage, please, give me strength to finish my quest." Link heaved a deep breath, then entered the chamber.