Status: YAY! i wrote 15 chapters on one year!!! XD and that was 22 thousand words!(it said on my computer like 22,7somthing) I'm so proud of myself!

TLOZ, Rebirth

Revealed

The rain stopped two days later and Duiren was more than excited to run outside and get into the mud. Marin kept struggling to get his tunic over his head as he tried to escape, but he ignored her.

“Duiren, hold still!” Marin commanded. “The mud will still be there when you’re dressed.”

Duiren let go of the door handle and lifted his arms into the air, being consumed in darkness as the tunic came down over him. “There; now can I go?”

Marin smiled and nodded. Duiren’s smile returned and he ran out the door to find Merric. The young boy was waiting by the stables and saw Duiren coming his way.

“Over here!” he called to him.

Duiren came to stand by his friend’s side and leaned against the wall, calming himself down. “Ready for some mud?”

“Yes!” Merric cried.

The boys took off together and searched for the largest puddle they could find. They came to a stop just outside the castle walls, finding what they were looking for. The puddle lay left of the drawbridge, half in the water, half on land. The boys smiled at each other and ran headlong into the puddle, mud flying everywhere.

“Mud!” Duiren squealed, throwing a handful at Merric.

“Hey, I wasn’t ready,” Merric said, scooping up a mud ball. Taking aim, he chucked it at Duiren, hitting him square in the gut.

Duiren let out an oof and fell forward onto his knees. Merric ran to his side and took hold of his shoulder. “You ok?”

Duiren didn’t reply till Merric got a full face of mud. “Yes I’m ok!” he giggled with glee.

The boys continued their mud fight till late into the afternoon. One of the guards appeared on the drawbridge and bade them return to the castle. The boys’ faces fell but they followed the guard. As they were coming across the last stretch of the drawbridge the guard fell, not returning to his feet. The boys shared glances and started to head forward when Duiren was grabbed from behind and hoisted up into the air.

“So you’re the Hero’s little brat, eh?” said the man holding Duiren.

Merric cowered before the man. He was tall and slim, but very muscular. His red hair fell just below his chin and his skin was a warm brown. The man grinned at Merric and he ran, away from the frightful man and to the castle.

“While you’re headed that way young boy, be sure to tell that prince of yours that I have his son. And if he wants to get him back; he can find me in the heart of the desert.” The man called after Merric.

Duiren continued to struggle but gave up and hung limp, bottom lip quivering. “What do you want with my father?” he asked in a frightened voice.

The strange man grinned. “To dispose of him.”

Duiren closed his eyes and tried to hide, but he was still in the man’s grip. The man left the bridge with Duiren in his arms to his mount, which was hitched by the nearest tree. After he had hoisted Duiren up into the saddle and had a hold of the reigns he bent down to the frightened boy and whispered in his ear, “By the way, my name’s Granadhim.”

Merric ran as fast as his shaking legs would carry him. Once he was at the servant’s entrance he raced up the stairs to the throne room. He passed his mother just as he was coming around the corner of the last turn.

“Merric, what’s wrong? Where’s Duiren?” Marin asked her son.

Merric shook his mother off and continued running towards the far door. Marin followed, calling his name. Merric burst though the doors and didn’t stop running till he was in Zelda’s arms. Marin came to a halt just inside the doors and stood there in shock. Zelda and Link exchanged glances.

“Merric, what’s wrong?” Zelda asked the trembling boy sitting on her lap.

Merric turned his face upward and a new set of tears came spilling over his cheeks. “He has Duiren!” he cried.

“Who?” Link asked a little too harshly.

“The man with the red hair,” Merric replied with a sniffle.

Zelda held Merric close and her own tears joined his. Marin came to her side and placed her hand on Zelda’s shoulder and her son’s. Link had looked away and was arguing quietly with himself. He turned around when Zelda slipped her hand in his.

“I think our suspicions were correct,” she said softly, though with much effort.

Link squeezed her hand and glanced at Merric who was still sitting on Zelda’s lap crying. “Merric,” he said, “did this man say anything to you?”

Merric opened his eyes and stared hard at Link. “Yes, he said that if you wanted Duiren back to find him in the heart of the desert.”

Link nodded and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Thank-you, Merric. Now why don’t you go with your mother and get cleaned up.”

Merric looked down at his mud coated body and slid off Zelda’s lap and came to his mother’s side. Marin took hold of her son’s hand and they left. Zelda watched them leave before she fell into Link’s lap and cried. Link held her close, shedding his own tears.

“Stupid Ganondorf!” Zelda grumbled against Link’s chest. “He just had to have a son!”
Link turned her face to his and stared into her eyes. “He did as he pleased. There was no way to prevent it.” Link stood and took hold of Zelda’s shoulders. “Now Ganon’s son has our son and I need to get him back. I’ll leave by tomorrow night-”

“No!” Zelda squeaked. “Now! I’ll help you pack; the sooner Duiren is back home and Ganon’s son dead, the better.”

Link sighed and wrapped her in his arms. “Fine, but you’re staying here.”

Zelda nodded and wiggled out of Link’s arms walking away and out of the room. Link sighed again and flopped down into his chair. His thoughts were racing along with his heart.

‘How could this happen? Ganon’s son is going to pay for all that he’s done!’

Link sat there with his eyes closed till his hand started to burn. He stared down at the Triforce and watched as it glowed on his hand; but not only was his flashing, but Zelda’s. Link ran as quick as he could to his and Zelda’s chambers, but he was too late. Granadhim had Zelda bound and he carried her in his arms.

“Well, well,” he chuckled, standing at the edge of the bed. “The Hero finally decides to show up.”

Link growled and grabbed the sword rested against the nearest wall. “Release her!” he yelled at him.

“My, now why would I do that?” Granadhim laughed menacingly and a wall of black appeared behind him. “Why don’t you come get her? And your son too maybe? But it all comes with a price.” Granadhim gave Link a sly smirk.

“What?” Link stepped closer to Granadhim, but he stepped closer to the portal.

“Who’s life is more precious?” Ganadhim asked Link.

Link blinked in confusion. Zelda started to scream behind her gag and flail her legs, but Granadhim stood his ground. Link’s eyes focused in on her and rested on her abdomen, where their unborn child resided. Link let out a cry and rushed towards Granadhim, only to slice into air.

“How dare you say that!” he screamed. “My family is more precious than anything to me!”

“Oh?” Granadhim mocked. Link spun around but saw no one. “Well, I’d say something in your heart is holding you back. Something not being able to see the surface.”

Link could feel the cold smile on Granadhim’s face. He ground his teeth together and held his ground. “There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m not evil like you.”

“Are you sure, Link?” Granadhim said with an invisible smirk.

Link again yelled at the window in front of him and he punched the bed post next to him. “I’m going to kill you.” he declared.

“Then if you’re bound on that, come find me.” Granadhim’s voice left and the echo of the silent room fell upon Link.

“I WILL kill him!” Link growled under his breath. Grabbing his sword and shield from behind their closet and putting them on, Link left, thoughts of returning his family home safely and killing Granadhim running through his head.