Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

rejection

My fingers glided through my thick curly chocolate locks with ease, as I sat in AP English Monday morning, trying not to fall asleep. Looking up at the black board I was met with the sight of Mrs. Riley, our teacher, drone on and on about the importance of a good English grammar.

Normally I would have paid attention, but this was the third time this year that Mrs. Riley had made this speech. I look down at my perfectly manicured nails. I still found it weird to be this girly about my looks and behavior. But after everything that went down with What’s his face, I decided that it was time for a change.

I shifted in my seat, so I was now leaning my elbow on the desk with my chin resting on the palm of my hand. Looking down at my closed notebook, I decided it was to bare and started drawing some random girl in manga style. Soon after, the bell rang and I practically bolted out of the classroom.

Walking down the hall, Julie and Jessie soon followed, all of us moving to the cafeteria for lunch. We got our lunch and sat at our table. We had always been sitting at this table, ever since we met or rather re-met freshmen year. Normally it would just be the three of us and some of our other mutual friends, but since our makeovers and my much discussed break up with Paul, people have decided we’re good enough for them or something.

Currently it was the Bitch squad, trying to fake up a friendship with us. I glanced at both Jessie and Julie, before we nodded our heads, just enough so we knew we had agreed, but not enough for the others to notice.

“Oh no! I totally forgot, girls we have to go. Remember that thing I was supposed to do before class?” looking genuinely upset. I guess drama camp was worth it after all. I looked over at Jessie and gave a subtle wink.

“Damn! I forgot too, we better get going. I’m sorry ladies, we’ll have to cut this short. See you later.” Jessie said in a faux apologetic voice, following my lead. We all waved at them, before we threw our trash out and headed towards my locker. I smiled at Julie and Jessie.

“Who knew drama camp knowledge could come in handy?” I chuckled as we continued our way towards my locker. We all only had one last class and then we were done for the day. The changes we had made almost three months ago, was only to our appearances. We were still the same geeks as always, just with better fashion sense.

It didn’t take long to reach my locker, but when we did I wish we hadn’t. Once again Paul Lahote was leaning against the lockers near mine, acting like everything that happened three months ago never happened. I rolled my eyes, before deciding to try and ignore once more.

I don’t know what the hell was going on with him anyways. Ever since that day he dumped me, and I threw it back in his face, and ever since I changed my appearance he had yet to leave me the hell alone. I don’t know if it was my new appearance or if he was just trying to get back at me for verbally slapping him in front of everyone. But he just can’t seem to take the hint and leave me the hell alone.

“Rose..” His tone was soft and gentle as he leaned on his side against the lockers next to me. I simply ignored him and opened my locker, quickly grabbed a book and my favorite strawberry lip-gloss, before shutting it again.

“Rose, Please talk to me. I’m sorry about everything, I just want another chance with you.” He said in a sigh. This would have been cute, if it wasn’t the fiftieth time I’ve heard this speech and if I knew he actually meant it. I turned my full attention back to Julie and Jessie, who like me ignored Paul’s existence.

“So what do you girls want to do today?” I could feel Paul’s intense stare on the back of my head, but just kept ignoring him, hoping that this time he would just leave me the hell alone.

“Hmm… well, homework is already done, we’re not in need of anything so no shopping..” Julie started.

“College searching and applying is also done.. but we haven’t had a bonfire in a while and I know that some kids from Forks are planning to have one tonight, want to go?” Jessie finished as if the whole thing had been planned.

“Sure, sounds good.” I said nodding my head in approval as I packed my book and lip-gloss in my bag, before we started heading to our last class, PE. Luckily for me, Paul decided not to stalk me to PE today. Why won’t he just leave me the hell alone?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got a little time and decided to put up the first short chapter for this. But don't expect another anytime soon. School is killing me right now. It's a miracle I even had time for this. Also this is approximately three months after play the player.

Other than that I want to say thank you to Bluecaty15 for being awesome and commenting.

Let me know what you think. ^-^