Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

standing on a cliff

Friday night brought me little sleep and too soon for my tired eyes, the sun was rising over the tree line outside my window once more. I pulled my pillow over my head and somehow fell asleep within minutes. My sleep was taken from me too quickly though as my mother banged on my door at noon as she always did if I didn’t wake on my own.

I groaned loudly before getting out of bed and started my morning routine, trying not to look too dead. But as I looked myself in the mirror it was clear I didn’t get any sleep tonight or so said the dark circles under my eyes. I covered them and put on eye liner, mascara and eye-shadow doing the whole cat like look.

When it came to clothes I didn’t know what to wear. I stood there in my underwear and a baggy t-shirt in front of closet, trying to figure it out. In the end I grabbed a pair of dark skinny jeans, a grey “This Wild Life” tank and a simple black cardigan.

My tired body couldn’t do much, but after breakfast I forced myself to do homework. It wasn’t as important as the real assignments anyways, and I could always correct it in class or something. After I had finished I knew I would have to leave the assignments and papers until tomorrow, when I had had some sleep.

I looked at the clock, only 2pm. I sighed quietly to myself. What was I supposed to do now? I looked around my room and tried to figure it out. Maybe a nap would do me some good? No, it would just mess up the rest of my day.

Reading was out of the question, school stuff I could do was done and my room was relatively clean. Glancing around my room I eyed my computer, maybe some counter strike would do me some good? It had been ages since I last played. I pressed play on my dock station, before plugging my headphones into my laptop and started the game up.

My parents and friends never really understood why I had been so addicted to this game, but I simply liked how I could get my aggressions out without actually harming anyone. Plus everyone always assumed I was a dude, doing a weird deeper voice during games didn’t help either. But it was better that way or at least I thought so. It was definitely more fun.

After a couple of games and getting my skills in use again, I logged off and shut the game down. Putting my headphones away, I listened to the music playing. Ripped away by This Wild Life was ending and Remembering Sunday by All Time Low came on.

I quietly sang along as I quickly did a checkup in the mirror on my hair and make-up. It didn’t even take five minutes and I looked presentable once again. I looked at the clock to see it was 5:45pm. Grabbing a simple black shoulder bag, I threw all the stuff I would need into it before slinging it over my shoulder and grabbing a jacket, just in case.

Soon enough I was out the door and on my way to the cliff. The walk there somehow seemed to be shorter than normal, but I knew it was just the nerves. I checked my phone as I arrived, 5:55pm, I looked around but no one else was here.

I put on my jacket, before sitting down leaning on a small boulder. My eyes felt heavy as I sat there feeling like the seconds were years. Soon enough they slipped shot and sleep took over.

I was awoken by a wolf howling at the moon, soon enough more joined it. I could tell they were far away from here, but after watching so many horror movies I couldn’t help but imagine weird supernatural scenarios. I chuckled at myself as I fished up my phone, 8pm.

I looked around the cliff, but besides darkness all I could see was the empty cliff. Shaking my head at myself, guess it was a prank after all. I got off of the ground and brushed myself off as I shook my head at myself. At least it won’t be a what if Rose.

Turning on my heel to leave, I froze in place as I heard the sound of running feet and spotted a fast approaching figure in the darkness of the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!

So here is the chapter I promised. A bit faster than I planned really, but I have a ton of homework that needs attention. Chapter 11 is almost done and I'll see if I can get that out a bit faster than I normally do.

I don't think this will be going on for much longer and I'm leaning on ending the story completely after this. Not sure yet, depends on a future event. Sorry for rambling!