Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

Bon fire

My fingertips glided easily over the glass surface of my bedroom window. I had just finished getting ready for the bonfire later, and was now waiting for Jessie and Julie to get over here. Gazing over the scenery outside my window I started to let my thoughts wander over these past few months and the mystery of Paul Lahote.

I had tried many times to think of a possible reason to why Paul wouldn’t leave me be. If I was walking down the hall, Paul was either behind me or staring at me. If I was sitting and eating lunch, he was either sitting near me or staring at me threw the cafeteria. The list continued, but the bottom line was the same. Paul Lahote was for some reason a guy on a mission, a mission that somehow involved me, and I hated every minute of it.

I looked down at myself; I was wearing dark black ankle boots, some dark jean shorts, a deep purple top with a black peace sign necklace and some black rubber bracelets. My nails were now painted black as well, with a few purple stars on them. I grabbed my phone from its charger and slid it in my pocket, before putting my wallet, keys, lip balm, emergency make-up, napkins, mini umbrella and some other probably useless stuff in my black and purple shoulder bag.

Just as I had finished stuffing the last thing in my bag, the doorbell rang. I quickly made my way to the door and opened it to reveal Julie and Jessie, sporting similar outfits. Except Julie had a brown ankle boots on with a peach colored top and gold jewelry and Jessie had on a Avenged Sevenfold band tee, snickers and some black rubber bands similar to mine.

“Ready to go?” I smiled at them before turning my head slightly and yelling to my parents that I was going to the beach with Julie and Jessie. We didn’t wait for a respond, before I was out the door, closing it behind me and we were on our way down to the beach.

The walk itself wasn’t long like five minutes long or something from my house and soon enough we were down at the bonfire, where there were both people from Forks and from La Push. I gave the crowd a quick scan and wasn’t overly surprised when my eyes shortly met with the chocolate orbs of Paul Lahote. I rolled my eyes and let out a small annoyed sigh. Stalker much?

“Look my stalker is here, think I can avoid him?” I whispered half joking to Jessie. She chuckled along with me as she spotted Paul too.

“As if, you would have to move to another country for that.. no scratch that, I’m pretty sure he would follow you there too. Sorry girly, seems like you’re stuck with him until death do you part.” Jessie replied jokingly, smiling innocently at me as I gave her a playful glare.

“The sad thing about that is, that you’re probably right..” Jessie and I caught each other’s eye and cracked up half laughing half giggling. Julie looked at as questioningly, before she also spotted Paul, rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“No wonder you two are cracking up, Paul “the stalker” Lahote is on a mission” she took in a breath as she looked over her shoulder at him, before returning her eyes to us, “and he’s coming this way.” She said the last part sighing in defeat. We all knew he would approach me at some point at some point. So better have it over and done with.

“Hey Rose” Paul’s voice almost sounded shy? No, no way. The player was far from shy, must be a new tactic or game of his. I looked up at him, trying my best to look bored instead of what I was really feeling; annoyed and kind of pissed off.

“What now Paul?” I asked in a successfully bored tone. I studied my nails for a bit, trying my best to look like those bitches from TV or movies.

“I.. I was wondering if you wanted to take a.. a walk with me?” this time he sounded a bit scared or was that just something I imagined? I studied his face and eyes for a moment trying to find out his intentions. All I could see was pure sincerity. I shook my head at that statement. As if. I sighed slightly.

“And what do you really want Paul?” I asked, some of my annoyance coming through into my tone. He looked a bit taken aback and an upset look crossed his eyes.

“I want to talk to you alone, which is what the walk was for. Can I please talk to you?” I don’t think I have ever heard Paul this polite, I tapped my chin lightly as I thought of his request. Maybe I could milk this.

“Five minutes and you have to leave me and my friends alone, for at least a week.” Paul looked thoughtful as he solemnly nodded his head. I turned and gave Julie and Jessie a reassuring smile, before turning and following Paul down the beach, until we were out of everyone’s hearing range.

“So what do you want to talk about?” I slipped out my phone and sat the timer to five minutes. “You’re five minutes begins… now.” Paul inhaled deeply through his mouth and exhaled through his nose three or four times.

“I wanted to apologize for cheating on you with… what’s her name. it was beyond stupid and I want to have another chance at us… please..” he sounded so sincere, his tone almost begging. But there was one thing I have learned the hard way. Paul Lahote will never change, not for anyone. My temporarily shocked state, slowly disappeared as I gave him a hard look.

“I don’t believe you for a second. You’re Paul Lahote and I’ve learned the hard way that you’ll never change. Not for anyone. What I don’t get is this sudden interest in me. You had me and you threw it away. Why the hell are you stalking me? Huh Paul? Because I’m not stupid, I know you are.” He looked shocked for a moment, at my raising angry tone in my voice.

“I..I…” he stuttered and opened and closed his mouth multiple times, only succeeding in making him look like a fish out of water or simply like a moron. I rolled my eyes at him. Of course he wouldn’t tell me. It would ruin his fun of the game, if his prey knew what he was up to.

“You never did find your tongue and/or brain did you? Listen Lahote, I don’t have time for your games right now,” I was interrupted by my phone beeping, signaling the end of the five minutes. “and your time is up. Bye Lahote.” I snapped at him. Before turning on my heel and walking back to Julie and Jessie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I thought that now that I finally have a functioning computer I would celebrate it with an update. Plus I kind of promised CecileJ one.. So here you go! An update for you, enjoy! :D

Eeep! I got a recommendation on this! Hip hip hurray *one man dance party* extra love and choccolate chip cookies for you.

Love and thank yous to: CecileJ and Bluecaty15. For being awesome and commenting on this!

Let me know what you think.