Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

love letters

The days went by too fast for my liking and soon enough my Paul free week was up. It was Monday morning when I looked around to see if he would jump at the chance and stalk me again. But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that he wasn’t anywhere near me or find him staring from afar. Soon after I found some of my friends and started up a conversation, letting myself be at ease and just enjoying my Paul free time.

----- time lapse to the end of her school day -----

I opened my locker to get the books I would need for the last of my homework, and put the stuff I wouldn’t need in there as well. I grabbed my binder, when a note fell out of my locker. I put my binder away first before grabbing the note off the floor.

Rose,

I don’t think you will recognize my handwriting as you are reading this and yet I still hope you do.
I have seen you around La Push, admired you from afar, but it isn’t enough for me.
I want to really know you and for you to really know me.
Unfortunately my tries of speaking with you have failed, time and time again, which is why you are reading this note or rather letter.
You will meet me in the near future, I promise.
I just want to woo you a bit first and drop a few hints of who I am while doing it.

Sincerely,
Your secret admirer


I read and re-read the note multiple times, trying to decipher it in my mind and trying to see if I knew the handwriting. It was beautifully written, in a sort of cursive way. The paper was a bit thicker in material than normal paper and the envelope was just an ordinary one. I quickly scanned the halls to see if I could find something out by that. But no such luck.

I looked at the handwriting again, it was sort of familiar. But I couldn’t place it with a place or a person or even from when. Sighing to myself, I neatly folded the letter again and placed it in the envelope, before placing it in my binder in my messenger bag. Great, I lost one stalker and gained a new one..

I looked up from the floor and was met with the familiar chocolate orbs of Paul Lahote. Looks like I spoke to soon. he quickly made his way over to me and walked in tact with me as we walked towards the exit.

“Hey Rose..” I glanced over at Paul sighing to myself. I definitely spoke too soon.

“Hey Paul” I said, the sound of defeat slightly evident in my voice. Paul’s face fell slightly at my tone of voice or something, at least as far as I could tell from the corner of my eye. He gently grabbed my wrist and tried to stop me as we walked. But I simply freed my wrist and continued walking down the hall and out the door.

My week started getting some sort of schedule. Every day so far I would get a note from my secret admirer and every single day, Paul would stalk me or try and talk to me. At first the notes freaked me out a bit, but I kind of liked my mysterious stalker or admirer more than I liked Paul stalking me.

I don’t know if it was just because my other stalker was indeed another stalker and not Paul, or if it was because these letters actually were pretty romantic. I gently fished out my latest letter from stalker number two. Feeling the line of the paper as my eyes glanced over the already memorized words.

Rose,

I keep getting amazed by your beauty.
Not just after your make over, but that natural beauty you have always had.
I remember we talked about it one day, a long time ago.
You were hell bent on that you weren’t beautiful and I tried to convince you otherwise.
I don’t know if you ever embraced your beauty or not.
Just know that you could be in sweats, no make-up and bed hair and still be beautiful to me.

Sincerely,
Your secret admirer


I smiled at the letter. Who had I ever talked beauty with? It was like I knew who it was without knowing who it was. It was bugging the hell out of me. But I had learned to deal and hoped that I would remember soon enough.

Suddenly I could feel someone’s breath on my neck, making me jump six feet in the air. I snapped around and was once again met with the sight of Paul. I gently placed my right hand over my chest as I breathed deeply in and out a couple of times, calming myself down.

“Thanks for the heart attack,” I stated sarcastically, while rolling my eyes and breathing calming once again. I removed my hand from my chest and looked back at Paul. He’s chocolate brown eyes was darker than usual with a look in them that I couldn’t decipher and just as suddenly as he appeared, he was gone again. I shook my head at him, before walking over to my car where Julie and Jessie were waiting for me.

“What did Mr. Creepy stalker guy want?” Jessie ask in a slightly angry tone, while scanning the parking lot for him.

“Beats me, he was just suddenly there breathing down my neck and then left. To be honest, he is getting creepier than before and it’s starting to freak me out.” I said a slight shiver of disgust running through me. Julie nodded her head in understanding at me.

“Just let us know if he gets worse, maybe you can get a restraining order or something?” Jessie suggested again. She had made that suggestion a couple of times now, but I hadn’t really considerate it before now.

“I’ll think about it.” I unlocked my car and the three of us got in. The drive to Julie’s house wasn’t long. She lived even closer to school than then me and Jessie. We soon arrived at the McGregor household. It was a simple wooden two story house, with its walls painted a dark read brown color. The garden was as always, filled to the brim with flowers, mostly roses and the opening to the garden path were already covered in roses.

I parked my car in the driveway. We all got out and were met with the divine smell of the roses and other flowers from the garden. That was probably my favorite thing about the McGregor household, it always smelled of spring with the lingering smell of flowers. I smiled to myself as we walked in and up the stairs to Julie’s room.

Julie’s room was basically Julie, which makes sense since it is her room. Her walls were a cream peach color with white lining. Her furniture was a dark golden brown color, and were made in a princess fairy tale sort of style. Across from the door was on the left side, a glass sliding door out to her balcony. On the right side there was a large window over her desk area. To the right of the door were her large closet and the door to her own bathroom. To the left of the door was her king sized bed with her favorite black silk bedspread and next to the bed on either side were some matching bedside tables. To the left of the bed was her guitar, her TV standing at the end of her bed on a matching TV table (which also hid her massive movie collection) and right in the middle of the room on the floor was her grandmother’s old white carpet, still looking as good as new.

Julie was a girly girl at heart, even if her music taste and guitar skills said otherwise. She might be girly, but damn that girl can rock harder than most. Give her a couple of beers and you will meet, who Jessie and I like to call, Jay - Julie’s inner rocker and party animal persona.

Julie turned on her MacBook and started ITunes, simply setting it on shuffle. Dr. Feel Good by Motley Crue began to play as all three of us sat down on Julie’s bed. Julie gently grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly, making me look at her.

“What’s been going on with you lately and what‘s up with these letters we see you with all the time?” her tone was soft and caring, but it couldn’t hide the curiosity that was just beneath. I looked up at her, sighing slightly.

“Paul is getting worse, so I’ve been trying my hardest to stay out of arm’s length from him…” another sigh escaped my lips, and I could see Jessie’s hands clutching into fists in the corner of my eye. I gently placed a hand over hers, making her relax again.

“And the letters... they... they are from some secret admirer... I don’t know who, but I know it isn’t Paul. The letters doesn’t sound like him. Also he doesn’t write that neat and he wouldn’t make such an effort to get in contact with little old me.” Jessie gently grabbed my other hand and held it in hers, as her thumb gently stroked my hand.

“Can’t catch a break huh?” Jessie said in a light joking manner, making us all let out a light chuckled, breaking the oncoming tension in the room. We leaned back on the bed, realizing our hands and letting out a collective sigh.

“So… who’s up for a movie?” Julie asked in her normal tone and Jessie and I simply nodded our heads in agreement. Soon enough we were watching Captain America and I let my thoughts drift to the back at my mind as my focus shifted to the movie. There is always tomorrow…
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter, what do you think? Did any of you see this coming? Who do you think is sending the letters?

Special thank yous to: CecileJ & OCaptainMyCaptain for commenting and thank you for reading.

Also you should go give xBelekinax some love, for helping me out with my creative mojo for my writing. :D