Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

too soon to say

It had now been a little over three weeks since David’s return and he had finally gathered enough courage to ask Leah Clearwater out. They were going out tonight actually. I was super happy for them! They both deserved to be happy, especially Leah after the whole love triangle thing with Sam Uley and her cousin Emily. The news of their date had actually spread like wildfire, when one of the school sluts “overheard” Jessie and me talking about it.

I was walking towards my locker with Jessie and Julie, so I could pack up my stuff. Laughing at something Jessie had said I opened my locker to see a letter failing to the ground. Looks like I spoke too soon or jinxed myself by practically saying my admirer was gone.

My dearest Rose,

I was contemplating the idea of giving up on you after seeing you in another man’s arms.
But it was harder than I thought and when I heard he was with Leah…
Well I don’t think you can imagine my joy.
I’m not giving up on you after all and I think it’s time.
Time for you to meet me and time for you to know who I am.
Meet me at the top of the cliff at first beach Saturday night at six.
You know the one where we cliff dived from and where we met so long ago.

Sincerely,
Your secret admirer


I sighed to myself, my eyes slightly widened in surprise. Did I want to meet him? Would it be safe? I read the letter over a couple more times before stuffing it into my bag with some other school things, before closing my locker and turning to, the curious and confused looking, Jessie and Julie.

“He wants me to meet him Saturday night...” I watched as their eyes widened slightly in surprise. They too hadn’t seen that one coming and I was kind of glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that. They looked at each other before turning their attention back to me.

“Do you want to go? And if so are you going?” we all knew that was pretty much the same question, but for us one didn’t equal the other, so we always asked them both. I simply sighed in response while shrugging my shoulders. They both nodded their heads in understanding as we started our way out of the school.

“Any clue to who it might be?” It was easy to tell that it was hard for Julie not to sound too eager or ask to many questions, as her tone was in her fake hesitant tone. I could see the tiny smirk playing on Jessie’s face from the corner of my eye, alerting me that she had heard it as well.

“No clue whatsoever. Mr. Stal.. I mean Mr. Secret Admirer could be a number of people. I have someone in mind, but I’m not going to tell… I’m afraid I’ll jinx it.” There was a joking tone in my voice at the end, so the girls just chuckled at me.

But in all honesty I did have someone in mind. A certain someone, who had started to invade my thoughts more and more often as time went by. I didn’t want to think of him, but I did and I simply couldn’t help myself.

Soon enough Julie was on her way home and left Jessie and I at my car. I unlocked my car and went to open it, when I looked up and saw Jessie’s questioning expression. I gave her a questioning look back.

“Okay spill the truth. Julie didn’t notice, but I sure as hell did. Who do you think mystery dude is?” I nervously gnawed my lip as Jessie simply crossed her arms over her chest and gave me ‘no nonsense’ kind of look.

I quickly scanned the parking lot where my eyes soon landed on him. Jessie caught onto this and followed my line of vision over to him. she furrowed her brow as we got eye contact again.

“Really Rose HIM?” I shrugged my shoulders a bit at her as she gave me a very Jessie like stare. It kind of converted into ‘explain, NOW’.

“Never said it was a good thing, but you got to admit that it would make a lot of sense with everything taken into consideration.” Jessie nodded her head in realization and a little in defeat.

“Yeah okay, point taken. Let’s get to your house so we can finish our project for history. I could really use some classes to nap in and so on.” I giggled at her, fully aware that what she said was true. We might have changed over appearances, but we were still the same over achievers as we were before.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I quickly stole a glance at him again, before getting into the car with Jessie and driving to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! :D

As I was talking about, here is update number two! So any thoughts? ideas? as to who is being discussed? who her admirer is? and so on?

And if anyone wants to read about my upcoming trip with my class to Africa (more specifically Kampala, Uganda), there's a link to the official blog for it here.