Stealer of Hearts

The End

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, up front shotgun in Ayden's silver vehicle; I was anxious for him to just speed down the three blocks and park the car already. Nickie had the pleasure of having the backseat to himself, with his blanket and pillow piled in a corner. The time couldn't have passed by any slower.

When Ayden finally pulled up to the house, cars had already filled the driveway, taking up spaces in front of the neighbors' houses as well. He decided to take an extra five minutes to find a space a few houses down, behind what I recognized as Joel Madden's Range Rover. I quickly got out the moment the Ayden shut the car engine off.

I stood off to the side on the grass and stretched, hearing my back crack slightly and shaking off my legs. Nickie was slow to get out, tumbling out while trying to keep all of his belongings inside the backseats. Ayden chuckled when he got out and came over to me, placing his keys into his pocket.

"It wasn't that bad of a fifty minute ride," he laughed and began walking off towards the end of the block. I started alongside him, Nickie trailing behind us.

"Well, for a person who is used to either walking or traveling on a tour bus," I told him, "That was quite a cramped up ride." I looked over and saw him roll his eyes.

"Stop being a baby."

I threw him a glare. "Too bad."

The two story white house grew closer with every step we took and the music blaring through the house grew louder. It wasn't a full house, but enough guests to make the party filled with excitement instead of simple chatter amongst each other.

It was the day before Valentine's Day, and Brian Haner had decided to throw a bash in honor of the romantic day, before everyone would go out the next day with their significant other. I, personally, didn't see a big significance about the special day but a party would make time pass by faster. Before we know it, Valentine's Day would come and go in minutes.

Grabbing a plastic cup, I scooped some ice out of the icebox and filled it nearly up to the rim with Pepsi. I was probably a horrible drinker, but it seemed like a special day; I'd prefer not to get wasted and forget anything that could've happened today. It was already almost five PM and Tuesday Morning, minus Jackie, has been here for about an hour.

I felt a presence hover closely behind me before a small 'boo' came to my ear, the person's breath slightly tainted with the smell of alcohol. My head whipped around, just to quickly see who it was, and smiled when Billy moved to stand next to me with his empty cup. He leaned on me and gave me a quick peck on the lips before refilling his drink. "Having a good time?"

I laughed when he quickly spun around to the other direction and leaned against the white foldable table. "Yeah. Are you on your way to drunkenness already?"

He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Not even!" he practically exclaimed and pulled me close to him. "Everyone's all off in their own world..."

"I know," I lightly chuckled and shrugged. "We can be off in our little world too," I told him softly with a smile and he grinned before I kissed his cheek. I pulled away and looked around us, before I spotted someone off in the corner. It looked as though their conversation was ending and one was about to depart to another area. "But first, I have a little issue to sort out."

Billy nodded with an exaggerated sigh before he let go of me. "Alright," he said, like a little kid finally giving in to his mother's compromise.

I waved off at him before moving towards the sliding glass door that led to the inside of the house and allowed you in on a little glimpse of the decent-sized kitchen. Jackie passed by me once I had stepped inside and barely acknowledged my presence, before going outside.

Things weren't exactly well in Tuesday Morning, that is, if we’re even still a band. It was still an undecided decision, since none of us were exactly sure on what to do - or what was going to happen. Jackie basically refused to cooperate with whatever was going on; it was as if we're on a hiatus. Who knows when this will be resolved, if it ever will. Ayden and Nickie might as well continue on for the moment with other temporary members, or perhaps we could give this all a second chance.

Hopefully that option is still available.

Upon entering the kitchen, Zack had just closed shut the refrigerator door, where he had retrieved a fresh, cold bottle of Jack Daniels. He looked up when he heard my footsteps and flashed me a quick smile, before unscrewing the cap open and taking a gulp. He took a seat at the island counter and motioned for me to join him on the opposite side facing him. I slid into the bar stool and placed both of my elbows on the counter, leaning forward and spinning slightly in my seat.

"What's up?" he asked, placing the bottle down on the counter.

I shrugged, a gesture made out of habit. "Nothing much-" I began to drum my fingers against the marble surface. "-just wanted to talk."

He nodded. "About what?"

"About..." I hesitated, uncertain on how to word it, "It's just that... I don't know, about how things went between us - how the friendship we used to have kind of ended." This would have been the first time I've seen him face to face in a while, maybe a bit shortly after the tour had ended, and the first time I've really talked to him verbally ever since, besides the few short times we've probably talked this past week on the phone about the party.

"I see." He nodded thoughtfully, then leaned forward with a crooked smile, almost smug in a way. "Need some closure?"

I tried not to laugh as I shot him a look of disbelief and shook my head with a smile. "As if," a little bit of a chuckle slipped past me through the answer. "I-- well, maybe." I re-thought it through. Placing my face in my hands, I groaned. "I don't know. It just seems so awkward and weird now - I just don't like it." I placed my hands back down and resumed back to drumming my fingers on the countertop.

"I know," he smiled, "I don't either." He shrugged. "Things happen all the time and we should deal with it better."

"Definitely," I agreed.

"Besides, you still have the ring," he pointed down at the ring around my right ring finger, the ring that was attached to the necklace that he gave the day I bumped into Billy, "That must mean something."

I laughed. "Of course! The deal was to always be in your life, wasn't it?" I asked him playfully. "You're not getting rid of me that easily."

"Hah," he laughed, "Are you sure about that?"

"Hey, you made the call," I pointed a finger at him, "You made me promise you that so you can't turn back on it."

He muttered, "Damn."

"Jerk."

He shot me a soft smile. "I'm just kidding. How about we pretend this whole thing never happened? We're just great friends like before the tour," he suggested, using his hands to smooth everything out in added effect.

I pretended to think about it, before grinning and nodding. "Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
This actually wasn't the original ending, but I thought this was better and easier to write than the original one.

SO IT HAS ENDED! Hope you liked it<3
P.S. there won't be a sequel for this, just to let you know.