Stealer of Hearts

Give Her A Reason To Dump Him

[[ A Few Weeks Later ]]

I wiped myself dry-free of sweat and then grabbed my bottle of water off of the table in Tuesday Morning's dressing room. I pushed through everyone in the room and walked out the door. I ignored Jackie, who was coming down the hallway from the direction of the stage, and walked away from her as though I never even saw her.

I continued my steady stride towards the back exit door where all the busses were. I pushed the door open and walked quickly to our bus, not wanting to be alone in the darkness for a long time.

I heard the noise of feet slapping against the pavement; someone was running towards me. I quickened my pace as my heart rate sped up, thinking of the worst. They laid their hand on my shoulder roughly and I flinched, ready to scream until Billy's familiar face came into view.

Why must you always think of the bad things?

I groaned, frustrated. "Did you have to do that?" I swatted at his arm lightly.

He chuckled. "What other way could I have done that?"

"Maybe yell my name to give me a warning before you totally scare the living lights out of me?" I stated in question form, laughing. "I thought you were some rapist or something."

"I'm appalled." He stopped in his tracks. "How dare you think of such things about me." I rolled my eyes and turned around, walking on. "But wait!" he called after me when I reached the bus.

I stopped after laying my hand on the door, turning around to face him, agitated. I wanted nothing more than to get inside and lay down. "Yes?"

"There's a reason why I came out here." I nodded for him to continue. "I wanted to ask what's up with you lately."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow at him, leaning against the side of the bus.

"You've been acting weird the past few weeks. Is something wrong?" he asked; his eyes were filled with concern.

I sighed to myself and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess." I kept silent, not willing to tell him.

"Want to talk about it?" he offered and I shrugged again, looking down at the space in the ground that separated us. "Please?" He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up, making me look at him. "You know you can tell me anything."

I nodded. "It's just that- a few weeks ago, I was walking around by myself before I had to go onstage and I walked by a hallway and saw something." I stopped, hoping that that would be enough. But he nodded, encouraging me to go on anyways. I played around with the water bottle in my hand. "I saw Zack and Jackie talking alone."

"And then?" He used hand motions to get me to continue.

"And then I saw them lean in and kiss." I continued, and then sighed. "I only saw it once but I just have this gut feeling that so much more is going on behind my back."

Billy stood in silence, seeming to think for a while. "Why are you still with him then?" he questioned and I shrugged once again.

"Maybe because I haven't found much of a reason to break it off." I stared down at the ground again.

"Well, now you do and I think you're much better off without him," he said and I frowned up at him, slightly confused.

"How so?"

"You won't mind if I do this," he said.

He placed a hand on the side of the bus next to my head. I saw him slowly lean in and place a hand on my hip. My breath was caught in my throat as his lips came nearer to mine by the second. On instinct, I placed my hand on his forearm, closing my eyes as I felt the sensation of his lips upon mines.

I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip and I allowed the entrance, not having a care in the world about what I was doing. No guilt ran through me- no anger, nothing. Everything felt right and not once did it occur to me that I had a boyfriend; technically, he's not really even mine anymore...

A few seconds later, I felt Billy pull away and I slowly re-opened my eyes; a small smile played across both of our lips.

"I hope that's a good enough reason to," he whispered and leaned down to kiss my cheek. "Goodnight." He smiled and turned around, leaving me leaning up against the bus, smiling to myself and watching him walk away.

I sighed contently and turned around, pulling the bus door open. I walked in and went straight to my bunk, falling in face first. This calls for a talk tomorrow morning.

Definitely, for sure.