Sequel: When I Looked at Her
Status: Completed!

Ivory Tower

Everything That's Been Missing

"Get back here," Josh mumbled the next morning, pulling Genny closer to him. He pulled her naked body closer to his.

"Josh," Genny smiled as he rested his head on her chest.

"We're staying in bed all day today," Josh muttered, sighing happily. He nuzzled his head into her chest once more. Genny rubbed his back with one hand while the other rubbed the back of his neck.

"You have to go to the studio," Genny laughed, running her hands through his hair. She loved how long it was. As much as she had loved his undercut, she loved the longer hair.

"Not today," Josh mumbled. "Everyone will just have to understand that I'm finally back with my girlfriend. I am in dire need to make up for almost a year of not having sex with you."

"We were up all night," Genny smiled, rubbing her feet on top of his. Josh smiled and rubbed his back on her's.

"I need more," Josh smiled. "My life has been less than satisfactory without you under me."

"You've always been such a romantic," Genny laughed.

"Always," Josh laughed, grabbing her hips and rolling onto his back and bringing her with him.

"Are you lot still going at it in here?" Came Dan's voice on the other side of the door.

"No, but we're naked." Josh replied. "Gimme a second."

Josh gently pulled Genny off of him and laid her in bed. He got up and went searching for a pair of boxers. Josh pulled on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans before searching through his drawers some more.

"Here you go, love." He stated, handing her a t-shirt of his. She slipped it on and made sure her legs were covered.

Josh walked over to the door and opened it, revealing Dan leaning against the doorframe.

"What's up?" Josh asked.

"We have to go," Dan stated. "Studio."

Josh sighed and nodded. "Gimme a minute."

Josh closed the door again and went to lay in bed with Genny once more.

"You'll be here when I get back, right?" Josh asked, nestling his head into her chest.

"Yes," Genny stated firmly. "I promise that I will still be here when you come back."

"Okay," Josh nodded. He gave her a kiss before pulling himself off of her. "You should sleep. I'm not done with you yet."

"Okay," Genny laughed and cuddled under the covers. Josh smiled and walked for the door. He slipped through a small opening in the door so the guys wouldn't see her.

"He's alive," Matt smirked.

"Did you need water or something, mate? Dehydrated at all?" Max teased.

"Fuck you," Josh smirked, pushing his best friend. The guys all left the apartment leaving for the studio.

"Rest up, sweetheart!" Dan yelled, banging on Josh's bedroom door.

"Fuck you, Flint!" Genny yelled back.

"You two are perfect for each other," Dan smirked, closing the apartment door behind him.

"So?" Max asked, looking at Josh. "Everything good with you two?"

"Everything's great," Josh smiled, nodding. "Really good!"

"I should hope so," Dan smirked, pulling his hood up over his head. "You two were at it all night."

"It's been a long time!" Josh defended, smirking. "And have you seen the legs on that girl? How could I not?"

"She's like my sister!" Max yelled, covering his ears.

"Well then I won't tell you the things I did to your sister last night," Josh smirked.

Josh was so ecstatic that they were back together. He knew that it would be hard for them to get back to the place they had once been. He also realized that they may never be the way they were. He was just happy to have her back in his life and he was ready to do what it took to keep them going. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was willing to put in the work.

Back at the band's apartment Genny laid in Josh's bed. She looked around the room and smiled. Josh's clothes were all over the place, along with her's. She got up out of the bed and shuffled to the kitchen to get something to eat. She grabbed a yogurt and a spoon, then walked back to the bedroom. She sat back in the bed, careful to not spill any yogurt in the bed. Josh hated when she ate in bed.

Genny was so happy to be back with Josh. She couldn't wait for them to go back to the U.K and start their lives over again. She knew that it wasn't going to be easy, and that scared her a little bit. AS she started to panic a little she walked over to her suitcase and pulled out her journal. It was something her therapist had suggested. When she was starting to feel panic to get out her journal and write her feelings down.

I'm in L.A with Josh. The flight went well and I took a cab to the address that Elissa gave me. After Josh walked in on Max and I sleeping in his bed Josh and I went for a walk. We talked everything out and ended up back together again. I couldn't be happier about it.
I have fears, though. I have fears that Josh and I will fail again. I'm scared that when we get back to the U.K that all of our troubles will come at us full force again. I'm scared that he and I won't be able to make it through all of our issues. I'm scared of us talking about getting married and then not being able to go through with it. I'm scared that maybe my time in treatment has given me more fears than helped me. I'm scared that it's switched my fears around.


Genny sighed and put her pen and journal back on Josh's bedside table. She knew that she was being irrational, but the journal did help her. It helped her get her issues out in front of her instead of being stored away in her head and have it crush her to the point that she would 'run away'- as her therapist had put it.

Genny was willing to work through her own issues to help Josh with his so they could work through their relationship issues. They needed to be better than they were before.

"Shit," Genny sighed as she rolled onto Josh's side of the bed and her knee hit some yogurt. She sighed and got up, stripping the bed. She figured she might as well after the night she and Josh had. Genny smiled and put the sheets in a laundry bag before hopping in the shower.

L.A was the vacation. The U.K was where the real work would happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still cooking up some drama to come Genny and Josh's way, don't you worry about that! Sorry about the lateness of this! I was at a bit of a loss for a while! Please let me know what you think!