Sequel: When I Looked at Her
Status: Completed!

Ivory Tower

Loverboy

Josh pressed his forehead to her's as his thrusts became quicker and harder. She rotated her hips in a circle and met his every push. That had always driven him mad, it always pushed him right over the edge. Her fingernails dug into his back, scratching down the familiar trails from before.

"Josh," She moaned, squeezing her thighs against his hips.

"Genny," He moaned just as loud, collapsing on top of her. Her hip rotation sending him over the edge just like it had for years. Every time.

"Fuck, Josh! Again, really?" She yelled, getting out from beneath him.

"I'm sorry, Holly!" Josh sighed, laying on his stomach on his bed.

"How many times are you going to say her name, huh?" The American girl asked.

You Me At Six was in L.A recording their new record and Josh had been "seeing" this girl, Holly, he'd met at a Starbucks some three weeks ago.

"I'm sorry!" Josh yelled backed. "You move your hips like she did!"

"It's been seven months since she left you, think maybe it's time to move on?" Holly asked, pulling on her jeans.

"You don't just get over someone just like that! Especially not someone you were engaged to!" Josh replied, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling.

"Newsflash: You weren't engaged to her when she left you," Holly spat, pulling the rest of her clothes on.

"Why are you getting so mad? It was a mistake!" Josh sighed.

"Because it happens every time we have sex, Josh!" Holly yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Then don't move your hips like that," Josh shrugged. "That's how Genny did it and that's what it makes me think of."

"She moved her hips like I do?" Holly asked, rolling her eyes.

"No," Josh replied. "You move your hips like she did. You imitate her."

"Your impossible," Holly scoffed. "Don't call me again. Find a girl who doesn't roll her hips like your psychotic ex or find your psycho ex and fuck her."

With that Holly left the band apartment, slamming the door behind her.

"With pleasure," Josh sighed. He got up out of bed and slipped on his boxers once more. He walked out to the kitchen area and spotted Matt sitting and eating a bowl of cereal.

"I guess Holly's out?"

"Holly's out," Josh nodded.

"You said 'Genny' when you came?" Matt asked.

"Like always," Josh nodded, sighing and sitting beside him. "She fucks just like Genny did. That's probably why I liked her."

"Because she had sex with you like your ex?" Matt asked.

"If I closed my eyes, which I did, it was like being with Genny all over again. The kisses were the same, the nails down my back, the hip rotation, she even bit my neck like Genny did. It was like sleeping with the same girl," Josh sighed.

"You're still no closer to being over her, mate." Matt replied. "Most people have sex with strangers to forget the people that broke their hearts. Your having sex with a stranger to remember your ex."

"I could never forget her," Josh replied. "I don't want to forget Genny. I just want to go back to that day and just ask her to marry me like she wanted."

"You still don't know where she went?" Matt asked.

Since Genny left Josh no one had ever heard from her. If they had heard from her they didn't say anything. Josh wondered what had happened to her.

"Not a clue," Josh sighed, shaking his head. "I've tried calling her mother, her brother and all her friends and no one knows where she is. That or they don't want to tell me."

"I'm sure she's fine, mate." Matt stated.

"I'm sure she is fine," Josh agreed. "I'm sure she's fine in the arms of another man. In the arms of a man much stronger than me."

"Don't do that," Max ordered coming and sitting down with them. "Don't make yourself out to seem like a shitty person."

"I am a shitty person," Josh laughed. "I pushed away the love of my life because I was afraid of her having another mental breakdown and leaving me when in actuality she just left me because I was afraid. Now I have sex with random girls I feel nothing for because they fuck like my ex did."

"Are you actually?" Max laughed.

"Yup," Josh nodded.

"I wondered why you kept Holly around," Max stated. "She was not very fun."

"Well she's gone. I said Genny's name while we were having sex and Holly left me," Josh shrugged. "Whoops."

Josh knew how coldhearted and harsh he was being. He knew that he had treated Holly badly. If the Josh from one year before had met this Josh, he probably would've kicked his ass. Hell, his father would kick his ass if he knew how Josh was treating people. Women, mostly.

"You need to stop," Chris ordered, coming into the kitchen.

"Stop what?" Josh asked.

"Stop acting like she didn't hurt you!" Chris sighed, slamming a glass down and pouring himself a glass of water. "I'm so done with hearing you talk like it doesn't bother you when everyone knows that it's tearing you apart. Stop pushing yourself because you're only going to make it worse and until you're better every girl will be Genny. Not just the girls who have sex like she did."

With that Chris walked away and back to his and Dan's room. Josh sat there in total awe of what his friend said. He looked at Max and Matt hoping they would tell him Chris was wrong. All they did was look at him and Josh could see that Chris was right. He had always been right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I almost didn't know what to do with this story for a while. I have briefly saved myself.