Waiting for the Worms

The Thin Ice

"If you should go skating
On the thin ice of modern life
Dragging behind you the silent reproach
Of a million tear stained eyes
Don't be surprised, when a crack in the ice
Appears under your feet
You slip out of your depth and out of your mind
With your fear flowing out behind you
As you claw the thin ice" - The Thin Ice by Pink Floyd

Mama told me not to venture to far out, and that the world was a terrible, abhorrent shit hole. A real cesspool she brought me into, I mean it was pretty cool as a kid, I lived in a small southern town in Tennessee. But even in a small town like that she wouldn't let me wander far, we had this kick ass woods behind our house but she wouldn't let me explore it which sucked. I remember one day I had a bit of a "Thin Ice" moment when I was around 5 where I went to a pool and some ass hole pushed me in and I damn near drowned, I swear to Christ I saw myself floating there, crazy out of body experience. I didn't realize at first but I was basically dead, this woke me up, this showed me my mom was right, fuckers are always gonna' push you off the deep end and try to kill you. I hope in an ironic twist of fate I die by drowning. But this event was just the first...
♠ ♠ ♠
I won't be putting the full lyrics for each chapter just the main part of the song, for Waiting for the Worms I'll probably put in all the lyrics though since it will be one of the most important chapters.