Disney Dream

The Most Magical Place on Earth

“Finally!” I exclaimed as I dropped my bags on the floor and collapsed on the big, comfortable bed. “I’m never moving again.”

“Please,” Mom said, hitting my foot with her hand as she went to open the balcony door. “It’s not like you’ve never made the trip before.”

“I know but it just felt like it took forever this time,” I groaned, rolling over as Anna sat down next to me.

“Steph, that was the shortest it has ever taken us to fly down here,” she said as she threw a pillow at me.

“You’re kidding,” I said, sitting up and looking at my parents.

“This is the least busy time of year we’ve ever come down here,” Dad said, shrugging his shoulders. “I have no clue why you feel so beat.”

“Neither do I,” I said, shaking my head. I undid my ponytail and went to look in the bathroom mirror to fix it.

“So where do we want to go tonight?” Mom asked as she pulled out her phone to check wait times for rides.

“How does Magic Kingdom look?” Anna asked, joining me in the bathroom to fix her makeup.

“None of them look too bad really. Is that where you want to go?”

“Sure, why not?” I said, shrugging my shoulders. I hip bumped Anna as I left the bathroom and she stuck her tongue out at me. For us being 22 and 19 respectively, we sure still acted like little kids.

“Steph, grab your camera!” Dad said from where he sat on the balcony. “This view is amazing.”

I grabbed my Canon from my bag and joined him out on the balcony. It was our first time staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was definitely the most exotic resort we’ve stayed at in our previous four vacations to Disney. The view truly was amazing as Dad said. There were giraffes and zebras as well as other animals roaming the Savanna that is part of the beauty of Disney.

“This is so cool,” I whispered as I lifted my camera to look out the viewfinder to snap a few pictures.

“Come on, let’s go,” Mom said, standing by the door all ready to go. I grabbed my stuff and shoved it into my drawstring and the four of us went on our way to Magic Kingdom.

****

“I’ve never seen the lines this short!” Anna exclaimed as we made our way up the path to the entrance gates of Magic Kingdom.

“Remember the last time we were here? The lines were so long they were practically at the bus stop.” I said as I opened my bag for the security guy.

“They weren’t that long,” Mom said, rolling her eyes.

“Well they were long enough,” I said, smiling at the security guard and waiting for the rest of my family on the other side. When we went to have our tickets swiped to get in there was another family in the line next to us with two teenage girls. They looked about fourteen years old, definitely twins.

“I’m telling you they’re here,” the one closer to me said. I couldn’t help listening in. That’s what lines are for anyway.

“Prove it,” the other said, her lips drawn in a thin line as she stared at her sister.

“Easy. Kevin just tweeted five minutes ago that they arrived at their Disney World resort. It’s right here in black and white for you,” she said, showing her sister her cell phone.

“Wow, I guess the Jonas’ really are here. I wonder if we’ll see them,” the other said as she went through the turnstile into the park. My eyes widened and I pulled my phone out of my wristlet.

“Why didn’t I see this tweet?” I muttered to myself as I scrolled through my Twitter texts.

“What?” Anna asked, turning to look at me as we moved up in the line.

“Hold on,” I said, my eyes practically glued to my phones screen. “Oh my God.”

“What?” she asked again as she put her ticket in the slot.

“I’ll tell you when I get through. I don’t want to say it too loud.”

“Have a magical day!” the cast member said to me as I made my way into the park.

“Thanks,” I said, giving her a smile and quickly my way over to my family.

“Are you going to tell me now?” Anna asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Hold onto your hat and take a deep breath because you are never going to believe this,” I said, grabbing her elbow as we followed Mom and Dad. “The Jonas Brothers, their parents, Frankie, and Danielle are here.”

“Here as in Magic Kingdom here?” she asked, her eyes widening.

“Not at the moment, no. But they’re in Disney World.”

“How do you know?”

“Here,” I said, showing her my phone.

“Oh my God,” she said, handing my phone back.

“Yeah,” I said, a smile on my face. “I mean the chance of us seeing them are very slim but there’s that slight chance that we’ll finally be able to meet them. And that’s better than nothing.”

“Definitely,” she said, smiling as we approached Cinderella’s castle. “God I hope I meet Nick.”

“Well, keep your fingers crossed!” I said and we both laughed.

“What’s gotten into you two?” Dad asked when he heard us laughing.

“Disney is just really, really magical,” I said as Anna nodded in agreement.

“You guys are nuts.”

“Speaking of nuts, I can smell those cashews so keep an eye out for them!”

“Oy,” Anna said as we entered Adventureland.

****

“I’m. So. Exhausted,” I said as I collapsed on the bed when we got back to the hotel.

“That was only four hours in the park,” Mom said as she took her shoes off. “Tomorrow we’ll be there practically all day so no complaining.”

“Tomorrow I won’t have woken up at 7 am, sat in the car for three hours to drive to an airport then sat in a plane for another three hours. I also wouldn’t have been on a bus with a bunch of other people for another hour or so to get to the resort. So don’t worry,” I said and she threw a pillow at me for my sarcasm.

While Anna was using the bathroom to get ready for bed I waited for my turn out on the balcony. As I was sitting there I noticed a light turn on in the room next to hours and heard some chatter. I couldn’t tell a thing anyone was saying, it was just noise. I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my camera from the table to look at my pictures from the day and proceeded to delete the bad ones.

“Your turn,” Anna said, sticking her head out on the balcony.

“Thanks,” I said, standing up to go inside. As I turned I noticed some movement in the window of the room next to us. The curtains were moving as if someone had just been looking out and left as soon as I moved.

“Are you using the bathroom or not?” Mom asked, coming onto the balcony.

“I’m going, I’m going! Patience woman,” I said, quickly darting inside before she could playfully hit me.

When I was all set I climbed into the bed next to Anna and put my headphones in, setting my iPod on shuffle. As I closed my eyes I wondered about that movement of the curtains and what could have been going on. I also wondered if we would actually ever see the Jonas family while we were there.

Fat chance, I thought as I turned to my side and hugged my pillow tight. All I knew was that I couldn’t wait for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! Here it is, the first chapter of Disney Dream... only about a month later. But... better late than never, right??

So what do you guys think? Does it sound too silly? Things will pick up in the next chapter, I promise! I just had to get the ball rolling somehow haha. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
~Steph <3