The Life of She

victory

Her mother was busy a lot, so she stayed after school in the care of faculty while she played on the playground or did homework in the nearly empty cafeteria. When she was having fun, she never wanted to leave. When she had a stressful day, she begged for the comfort of home. But almost every day, she had to stay behind while others went home. But she had the comfort of her only family member, who was stuck in the same boat.

She was older by one year and succeeded her by two grades. She had older friends who played different then her, but she still stuck around. Her presence was common place and didn’t bother anyone too much. That was, until the oldest in the group got fed up with her.

She flipped her blonde hair back and forth and spat out insults like she was trained to do it. Everyone was so shocked that they didn’t do anything. It only caused the vicious girl to push the smaller one to the ground. Her butt hit the mulch and struck something inside her. She had been taking this kind of treatment for too long, and she was no longer going to put up with it.

She was inches shorter, but she pushed back with all the force her little body had. It sent the blonde to the ground in a bewildered frenzy that left her gaping up at the little girl. She retaliated and jumped at the child, pushing them both to the ground and doing something that passed an invisible boundary. She started to choke the younger girl.

At first she clawed at the fingers that constricted her throat because it was a natural instinct. When breathing was close to impossible, however, her mind kicked in. It knew this method was ineffective and knew she had to change her tactic. Bringing her legs up, she kicked the bully directly in the chest as hard as she could and knocked her off.

The blonde yielded after that, crying about how she was hurt, even though she had no bruise on her neck to show real danger. The girl only smiled as her friends backed up the story that the blonde had attacked first.

The most prevailing memory was one of complete victory.