The Life of She

tears

It was like starting school all over again. The school was new to her, as well as to all. It had been newly built and held the shine of everything fresh and ready to use. While others had to go through the same change as her, she still felt like the one most out of place. Friends were fleeting, and what ones she did have did not follow her here. She had the chance to create a new impression.

Familiar faces when she entered sent a pain through her heart. Boys that knew nothing of being nice filled her classroom and girls only glanced at her before looking away. Her name was placed on a desk, which would now be her desk. It was between and unknown curly haired girl and a boy that she knew all too well.

This was her fifth grade year and it felt like the first all over again. Though her teacher was kind, she came to know that the students were not. She was growing in an awkward way, like some kids did, and it caused them to tease her. She was taller and more developed than most of her classmates. She was taller than the boys, more mature than the girls, and she just didn’t fit in.

It was the worst year of her life at the time. She had one friend, her curly haired neighbor, but she left her when a new girl arrived and she was alone. When she went home, she cried out of loneliness or something someone had said to her at school. No one heard her because no one was ever at home.

She tried to get the memories of tears out of her mind.