The Life of She

never

She knows that conflict is a reoccurring factor in the life, especially when you’re forced to be surrounded by opposite personalities. She faces this problem when there is another bully in her life. She’s new as well and has fit quickly into the crowd; understanding that being popular means being vicious. Once again, her insecurities are exploited and she feels like a young child again.

She only had one class with the bully, but it’s enough to push her to the breaking point almost every day. Sometimes, the teasing is outright and obvious. Other days, they are like mocking hints to her character. Either way, the only time she has a break is when she stays home, or the girl is sick. The only one she can trust and laugh with is her best friend.

Half way through the year, there’s a point that she passes; the point of no return. Almost like the fight of flight response, she has to make a choice. Either ignore the most outlandish insult, or fight against it.

Her choice is shocking, even to her. She snaps back at the bully, putting on a face to make the raging feeling inside her as she tells the girl off. She sends a message. She will be having none of this anymore.

She makes sure everyone remembers she’ll never be messed with again.