Status: Still typing :)))

Yours, Mine

Remember

I guess what he said was true. Small town boy, small town life. It won't be enough for you.

I could still hear his voice saying those words in my head. Damn! It's been five years since I left Mystic Falls. My mom and I still talk over the phone and I'll send her videos and a bunch of pictures of the places I've been. Of course, I still study. Fashion, music... art. When I go to art galleries, my mind seems to compare their art to his.

♤♤♤


"Sweety, I'll miss you." Liz said as she pulled her daughter into a very tight embrace. "I'll miss you too, mom. I'll call as soon as I land." Caroline couldn't stop the tears from welling up. It's hard for Sheriff Forbes to let her only daughter go. But right now, she had to. Her daughter already made a choice.

Caroline could still remember Stefan leaving a week ago. He was a great mentor and a good friend. But one thing that saddened her was the fact that a certain Original left without saying goodbye. Klaus left and after telling her that he actually cares about her more than his own.

She got into the cab and she went to the airport.

When she was at the airport, Caroline recognized a few hybrids. They were looking at her but she went on her way to check-in.

"Are you Caroline?" A man in a black jacket approached her. It was another hybrid. Klaus probably sent them to check on Elena if she was still human. "The doppelganger is still human, if that's what you're going to ask me." Caroline scoffed. The hybrid placed an envelope and a box on her lap without her acknowledgement. "He wishes you a safe trip and take care. Goodbye." After that, the hybrid and his other companions left, leaving Caroline with a puzzled look on her face. She took the envelope and opened it, only to find a letter from the Original Hybrid himself.

Caroline, I hope you'll love my farewell gift to you. I hope you'd use it well. Fondly, Klaus.

After reading the letter, she found herself opening the box. To her surprise, it was a journal and a DSLR. She couldn't help but smile at the gift that she just received. "Seriously?" she mumbled to himself.
"I'll see you in Paris in a year or maybe even in a century. I'll wait for you." she said to herself as she got up and went to board the plane with a smile on her face.

♤♤♤

When the plane landed, it was almost nighttime, Caroline immediately called Liz to let her know that she arrived in Paris safely. She took a cab and gave the address to the apartment that she's gonna stay in. Luckily, the Salvatores have another house there that she could live in. Damon gave her the address and the keys three days after she told him that she'll be leaving for Paris to study.

When the cab got there, she was surprised to see that outside, it was a simple three floor building with faded maroon-colored roofs and light-yellow-colored walls. But considering it's the Salvatores that own this house, inside might come as a surprise for our small town blonde vampire here.

"Merci beaucoup." She said as she got out of the cap.

♤♤♤

The moment she entered the house, she took out her phone and dialed Stefan's number.

"Stefaaaan!" She shrieked out the name of her good friend.
Hey Caroline. How's good ol'Paris? Stefan asked. She could hear laughs from kids and Rebekah.
"I just arrived. Is that Rebekah that I hear?" Caroline opened the windows one by one in the house to let light in.
Yea, we're here in California. We went to an orphanage before heading to the beach. He said as he chuckled in the end.
"You seem to be enjoying yourself. Well, I'll be unpacking my stuff now. I'll call you later. Tell her I said hi."
Alright. Bye. I'll tell her. Take care.
They both hung up and Caroline went upstairs in vampire speed. She opened one of the rooms. It was a simple yet elegant room. It had a lot of reference books and journals from the 1800s like what Stefan has back in the Salvatore Boarding House. She breathed in the scent of the room and it smelled like Stefan. "I knew it." she breathed out as she went to the next room. This time the room was filled with the scent of Damon.

Finally, she found an empty room without any scent of any familiar vampire. It was simple and the space was enough for her things. "Perfect." she said happily to herself.

She opened the window and breathed in the air of her new home.
"Bienvenue à Paris, belle dame!" an old man happily shouted at her. Caroline said, "Merci, monsieur!" then she went back to unpacking her things.

"I wonder if I'll see you here..." she mumbled under her breath. The thought of Klaus' offer always broke her away from reality. She wanted to see what his reaction would be if he sees her here.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you guys think?