Status: One Shot

A Mouse Love Story

One of One

Once upon a time there was a mouse named Lars. Lars was a cute little mouse with grey fur, and was the smallest of his family. His family lived in the walls of a fairly normal house, owned by a fairly normal family. The family had two children, one boy and one girl. They owned a cat, who was quite a nuisance sometimes, but harmless for the most part. They also owned a mouse named Anita. She was a little brown and white mouse who loved to run on her wheel and clean her ears. One day, when Lars was doing his routine run through the walls he came across Anita in her cage, running on her wheel as she did every day. When he laid his eyes on her it was love at first sight, he swears that he saw a mousgel (mouse angel.) That night when he went home he told his family of this little brown and white furred beauty he had set his eyes upon that morning. But they did not approve. They believed that because she was owned by humans and lived in a cage she was not a “real” mouse. But Lars knew better, he knew that this mouse was the most wonderful mouse he had ever seen. So every day for months Lars would go watch Anita. She would do the same thing every day. Eat her food that the children had left her that morning, then drink from her bottle, and run on her wheel. Then she would clean her ears, then run on her wheel some more then maybe go take a nap. But Lars never grew tired of watching her. Every day there was something new to appreciate. The way she ate her food in small neat bites, how her tail would curve, how her ears would perk up at any little noise. One day he plucked up the courage to talk to her. She was very shy at first, playing with her tail, and rubbing her ears, but she soon got to know Lars and from that day forward Lars would visit her cage every day and they would chat about their day and what life was like for them, and the differences between their lives. As time went on they fell more and more in love. Their love was a secret however, because if Lars’ parents ever found out he would be in serious trouble. Their love was short lived however, because one day one of Lars’ older brother saw him talking to Anita, he went straight home to tell their parents. His parents were furious, they locked Lars in his mouse hole for weeks. But finally Lars convince them to let him out, and then convinced them that his love for Anita was real and that just because she was a pet mouse didn’t make her any less of a mouse. He explained their love for each other, and then his parents remembered what it was like to be young and in love, and they apologized for their behavior and vowed to help Lars free Anita. Night after night Lars tried to free Anita from her wire prison but to no avail. Then one night a miracle happened. One of the children was careless and left the door to Anita’s cage open. So that night she escaped into the walls of the house, where she lived happily ever after with Lars, and they were completely in love for the rest of their mousey days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it. I enjoyed it. :)