Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

Welcome To My Life

It was late afternoon, dinner was being prepared, I can smell it from where I was seated on the couch in the livingroom, reading.

"Can you for one moment put a book down, Adeline and listen?" I was snapped back into reality, seeing my Mother stood in the doorway of the kitchen, apron on, her hands on her petite hips.

"Wait what?" I responded, completely and utterly confused of what she was even speaking of. My Mother's green orbs rolled, a frustrated sigh escaping her red painted lips.

"I was talking to you about getting a early job, Adeline." She refreshed.

I never thought about getting a job, even later in life. I never actually particularly enjoyed any of the options that were open. All I ever had planned was to be, hopefully, a sucessful Author some day, but, my parents never really agreed to that manner.

"Mom, I already explained to you, I show no interest in anything out there."

"But, Adeline their's so much you could do!" She exclaimed, disappearing back into the kitchen, which by that means was my que to follow.

"Mom, you still don't get it, I don't like any of that stuff." I told her, watching as she stir the contents that were in the pot, on the stove top. My Mother's eyes stared into the contents, before meeting my gaze once again.

"Adeline, you have so much in your life, but you keep throwing it away!" My eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" My Mother turned the knob of the stove off, turning to me, her expression now serious.

"Your throwing your life away! All you do all day is read, read, read! When you could be getting better at school!"

"Mom! You know I read to get expierence! Its my way of becoming a better writer!" I protested against her complaint. My Mother's eyes glarred daggers at me, clearly disappointed.

"Being a Author is not a job! Doctor, lawyer, professor! Those are real jobs, Adeline!"

"A Author is a job! Haven't you seen the money Stephenie Myers gets off those vampire love stories?!" My Mother's eyes narrowed, obviously realising she was in defeat. She just had to accept what I wanted for my future, and thats what I wanted.
My Mother shook her head in disapproval.

"Jack! Would you like to interfere here?!" I groaned, knowing I was gonna get hell to pay. My Father didn't agree either in this subject, he actually despises the idea.

"What's going on in here?" My Father entered the room, his hazel eyes flickered from me to my Mother. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What did you do now, Adeline?" I huffed at his question, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, Adeline, tell your Father what you told me." My Mother's words were provoking me, daring me to even say a word. I narrowed my eyes at her, before turning my attention to my curious Father.

"I want to become a Author, but she thinks its not a job." I admitted. No hesitation, I suddenly realised, I really did not care what they said. My Father gave me the same look my Mom gave me not even minutes ago.

"Adeline,"

"No, no need, I know what your going to say and I no longer care anymore," My eyes flickered between both of them, "I'm going to my room." I mumbled, stomping out, slamming the kitchen door behind me. I walked up the steps, sighing at what had happened, we argued for the third time today.

Well, that's my everyday life.