Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

A New Friend Part One

"Zaviour!" I stopped the coffee maker, turning towards the manager, Darren.

"Yeah?"

"Your shift is over, let James know so he can take your place." I gave him a crooked smile, thanking him.

"No problem. You need a break anyways." He walked off afterward. I breathed out a sigh of relief, entering through the 'Employees Only' door, taking off my apron as soon as I entered. I placed my apron in my small locker that was given to me when I received my job here at the cafe. I put on my winter coat and gloves back on, then shut my locker, which creaked every time it made a sudden movement.

"Hey, Zav. Your shift is over?" I turned to face my friend slash co-worker, James. James was a nice guy, with black hair and dark green eyes. He gave off the appearance of a biker, the type that your parents tell you not to talk to, but if you ever got to know him, you'd regret those thoughts immediately. He walked over to his own locker, which so happened to be next to mine, and opened it, shoving his coat and gloves in it, and retrieved his apron before slamming the metal door shut.

"Yeah. Oh, and you're covering for my shift!" I called out before he walked out the door, he gave me a quick wave, letting me know that he had heard me, and walked out. I sighed, locking my locker before I could forget, and walked out of the room. I tuned out the sound of everyone's chatter, trying to enjoy my break time while I had it, knowing my boss, he would probably end up calling me back in for another shift in an hour or so. I exited the cafe, hearing the sound of the bell as the door closed shut behind me, and continued my walk down the snowy path that buried the sidewalk. What was I supposed to do now? If I went home now, I would be sitting in my room, bored. I frowned at my options, until I heard the sound of laughter. I looked over towards the source, seeing a group of kids having a snowball fight in the park. Their parents were talking to eachother, laughing every now and then at some foolish acts their kids would preform. I smiled at the site, silently wishing that my childhood was like that; Innocent without a care in the world.

I sighed, shaking my head, walking ahead, I guess a walk in the woods would clear my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the very late update!