Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

Trouble

She bolted off before I could say anymore, leaving me with nothing but a curious conscience, and a lonely heart. I stared at the tracks in the snow that she had left behind, letting my mind wander off to what could possibly be the best memory I'll never let go of.

Who was she? An Angel sent from above? A dream that would wake me at any moment? Or a hallucination that my mind played me with?

A beeping sound pulled me from my thoughts, and I jumped, then calmed my senses as I realized the sound was coming from my cell phone. I sighed, retrieving it from my pocket, not checking the caller ID, and hit answer.

"Uh, hello?"

"Zaviour! Where are you? You're supposed to be home already!" Rico's booming voice that transmitted from the receiver caused me to wince, pulling the phone to my other ear and rubbed my right ear, hoping it would make the ringing go away.

"Don't scream, Rico, please, I think you might have ruptured my eardrum."

"Sorry," I heard him sigh over the receiver, "You really worried me, that's all. Are you still at work?" I sighed, and began my walk back the the hotel.

"No. Boss told me to take a rest, so I left early." I replied, exiting the woods and entering into the city.

"How early did you leave?" That caught me off guard. I frowned. Well, I did leave somewhere around four p.m. I think.

"Hold on a sec, let me check." I pulled the phone away from my ear, and looked at the clock that stood in the corner of the screen, which read, seven p.m.

Wait, I have been gone for three hours?! I gulped, pressing the phone back to my ear.

"Um, Rico?" I heard rustling before he answered,

"Yes, I'm here. So, how long?"

"Um..three hours." I mumbled, but he had clearly heard me.

"What?!" I winced, and immediately regretted using my right ear again.

"Sorry Rico, I lost track of time-" He cut me off.

"What could you have been doing for the past three hours?! Come home now!" Before I could argue, the line went dead.

Well, now I'm screwed.