Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

Setting In..

"Hey, um, miss?"

I groaned, turning on my side, ignoring the voice that called me.

"Hey!"

My slumped body jolted up with fright. Its been weeks, and I still wasn't used to the rude atmosphere called reality.

"What on earth is a young girl such as you doing, sleeping, in a alleyway?" I glanced around my surrondings, and sure enough, I had fallen asleep in a disgusting, old alleyway. I shrugged simply in response. I heard the person sigh, than silence. I turned my head towards the source of the voice.

A woman, no older than her early twentys, had kneeled down beside me, studying my features. I squirmed under her gaze, feeling slightly uncomfortable. She flashed me a smile, holding out her hand.

"Hello there, I'm Victoria. What's your name sweetie?"

I stared at her in disbelief. She was the first person to even speak to me since I ran away. Did she actually care? Or did she just pity for the sight of a homeless teenager?

I let my head hang, my hair covering my face like a curtain. I did not speak.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I would like to help you. You seem like a very kind young lady. And a beautiful one at that."

I glanced up into her kind, brown eyes, searching for any dishonesty in them. But surprisingly,

I found none.

I hesitantly reached out, my shakey hand clasping with hers.

"I-I'm Adeline." Her pink lips rose into a grin, shaking my hand, pulling me to my feet.

"You have a very beautiful name, Adeline. Now, lets get you cleaned up." She grasped my arm gently, guiding me to her silver BMW.

"Hop in!" She exclaimed, opening the passenger door for me, skipping over to her driver's seat. I hesitantly slid into the car, shutting the door behind me.

"Buckle up! We have a long drive ahead for us!"

I buckled my seatbelt, she followed in suit. She started the engine, driving off. I glanced out the window at the passing trees.

Did I make the right descion? She seems innocent. I could stay with her for awhile.

I can't stay with her forever though, she may see one of the wanted posters or I will get caught by the police.

Now, I didn't want either of those options, did I?

I probably plan on escaping out of state, but how? Maybe I can gain her trust and ask her for a plane ticket out of here?

I shook my head mentally. No, thats out of the question. I can't betray her like that, she's been nothing but kind to me, I guess I'll find a different way.

"Were here! Welcome to your new home, Adeline!" A sigh escaped my lips.

Yeah, my home, for now.

I pushed the door open, stepping out, shutting it afterward. I glanced up at the building before me.

It was gorgeous. It was two storied, windows covered the outside of it. The enviroment was a big, open forest, birds chirping in the distance. The sun was high, its rays seeping through the tall trees that towered over the area.

"Like it?" I met Victoria's gaze, I flashed her a smile.

"Its beautiful."

She grinned, grasping my arm once again, guiding me to the front door of the mansion.

"This is just the beginning! Wait till you see the inside!"