Just Give Up

16

Renee's POV


Why wasn't he answering my texts?Usually, he'd already be here by now, but it was already two hours past noon. My 'suprise' lunch spread I made for us was still on the table untouched. Francis and Nina slipped into the room numerous times, offering to clean everything up but I declined all their invitations. At one point, I even had to pull his plate out of Nina's grasp.

"He'll come." I said, not sure who I was trying to reassure, her or me.

But who was I kidding? I already sent him three texts and he didn't even reply to a single one. The boys must have already boarded the plane by now, so what was taking him so long? The drive from the airport to my house took less then forty-five minutes. Did he get lost? Of course not.

My stomach grumbled loudly, the sound echoing throughout the whole room. Even though I was alone in the room, I still felt embarrassed. There was no point in waiting for him any longer. With a reluctant sigh, I begin to fill my plate with food.

With nothing better to do, I help Nina with cleaning up.

"I'll take the garbage out." I said, grabbing the big black bag from her.

I slipped on a pair of flip flops before going outside. Opening the door, I could see a familiar car parked outside our gate at the side. It was Zayn's. Walking down the driveway, I was able to see him sitting in his car, talking on the phone. I felt the bag drop onto the pavement.

He was there all along, and he didn't bother to text me? But he could call someone else on the phone?

What. the. fuck.

I picked up the bag off the ground, seeing that Zayn finally hung up. Stomping down the driveway, I finally reached his car. Zayn only notices me there once I reach the front of his car. I rip the bag open, dumping garbage all over his car. That's what you get for making me wait for you. That's for ignoring me you dumb ass.

"Renee! What the hell is going on?!" Zayn yells, jumping out of his car.

"Why don't you tell me?" I replied, continuing to spread the garbage all over the hood.

"Renee. Don't you remember? I was at the airport, and I was on the phone too. I was going to go inside after." Zayn tries to reason with me, trying to pull the garbage bag out of my hands, but I had a good grip on it.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Zayn. The drive from my house to the airport does not take two hours. And you didn't answer any of my texts either!" I now tossed the empty bag on the pavement.

Zayn doesn't reply to this, instead he looks down at the bag and back to the hood of his car.

"Renee," He says but he stops right after once he sees the scowl on my face. "Let me explain." He grabs for my hand, forgetting the fact that they were dirty.

"No." I pushed his arm away. "Let me explain."

"We spend the whole week with your friends and their girlfriends. We kiss. You get my number. We show our faces in public. And then the day they leave, you just turn back into Mr. Cold!" I shouted the last bit, stomping my feet hard on the concrete.

"I spend my morning helping prepare a little lunch for us. I texted you. Three times. You don't reply. Now when I'm finally done eating and cleaning up, I find you sitting in your car, talking on the phone?. What the hell is that?"

I finally finish my rant, breathing heavily. Zayn doesn't reply, but he has a look of unhappiness on his face. I wait for him to say something. To open his mouth at least, even if to just breathe some air but he doesn't do such a thing. I shook my head in disappointment.

I thought you were different. I thought you meant what you said when you said you liked me. But maybe not. You just shoved me to the side again once you got bored. Once you had no one else to preform in front of. I was starting to like you too.

I turned to walk away, making my way back up the driveway. There was obviously nothing left to say.

"I'm sorry." Zayn says at last.

I shook my head, not turning around to look at him as I whispered to myself, "No you're not."

* - *


It's been a week since I vandalized Zayn's car. I felt bad for doing it. I didn't give him a chance to explain himself, now that I've thought it over. But I just got so carried away by being the little impatient bitch I was. I didn't mean to overreact in such a way to him not answering to my texts.

Over the past few days, Zayn kept trying to text me, but I never answered any of them. He called once or twice but I didn't pick up. As punishment, I locked myself up in my room, only opening the door for food.

Renee, please talk to me, let me explain.

Renee, you better not be out partying, I'm your body guard.

Renee, pick up your phone!

I still like you.


"Renee, please open up the door." I woke up to hearing Zayn's voice that morning.

I shot up out of bed, scared to death at the sound of his hand knocking on the door. "GO AWAY!" I yelled, covering my face with a pillow.

Fan-fucking-tastic way to start a brand new day.

"I'm not going to unless you open the door." Zayn argued, banging if possible, even harder on the door.

"What for?" I asked in a softer voice.

"Let me explain myself. I have food?"

I bit my lip. Should I open the door? He has food, for one thing. Who in their right mind would reject food? But I still had to play the part of an upset, misunderstood young adult. I didn't want to, but I could feel a small smile growing at the corner of my lips.

"Just a second." I sighed, lazily getting up and fixing my bed, then running a brush through my hair a few times.

I had to look somewhat presentable. Besides, it had been a week since we saw each other.

I trudged over to my door, slowly turning the lock before carefully propping the door open. In his hands, is a tray that held a plate full of my favorite pancakes, the bottle of syrup and a glass of orange juice. The cutlery is on the side, along with a few napkins. My eyes travel up his torso, until they reach his face and once again, I'm dazed by his brown eyes. Zayn has a sad smile on his face while I step to the side, letting him in.

I bit my lip, feeling even more bad for what I did to him. He sets the tray down on the side table by my bed before sitting down on the computer chair, leaning on his knees. We share an awkward silence, just acknowledging each other's presence.

"I'm guessing you're still mad at me?" He finally says at last.

I nodded my head up and down, not trusting myself with words.

Before I knew it, Zayn launched himself into a long apologetic explaination.

"I was caught up saying goodbye with the boys. I gave each of them a hug and a last comment before they walked into the terminal. Harry's comment kind of put me off.. It was about us dating..I think." Zayn admitted truthfully.

"What exactly did he say?" I asked, suddenly feeling self-conscious again.

"He was reminding me about my job and.. When your father told you about my two-month contract, he got the weeks wrong. I'm only here for another four weeks."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm only here for six weeks, now four. Not two months." He looked back down at his hands, shaking his head.

"Renee." He continued, "I think it's best if we keep a professional relationship. I'm your body guard."

I looked up from my spot on the floor. No. I wouldn't accept this.

"No." I said, standing up. "NO." I repeated even louder.

"I like you Zayn." I sucked in my breath. It was time to tell him my true feelings. There was no faking my coldness to him anymore. It wasn't worth it if I was going to lose him in the end.

"I've never liked someone as much as I like you. You're different. You're talented, attractive, funny, sweet. And most importantly, you're romantic. You made me happier in three days than the past three years I spent going out partying with Sofia and Mercedes."

His eyes grew wide in shock at the last sentence.

"I don't want to stop and just have a professional relationship." I mocked his tone of voice as I said this, scrunching my nose up in concentration. I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

Zayn got up from his chair, walking over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I wrap mine around him as well, snuggling into his shirt, wiping a few more tears as they fell.

"And I'm sorry for vandalizing your car because I got mad seeing you on the phone talking to someone when you didn't answer any of my texts."

He laughed in reply, kissing my forehead. "It's okay."

"We're going to be okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
That sigh of relief you make when a couple makes up after arguing..
Image
Disclaimer; Gif is not mine.